Wondering if i can code a minecraft server into a codeing website and run it on my iPad. The language doesnt matter

Just now, PCTechBoi said:

Why did you comment then

You asked a question and I gave you the answer... why is this confusing to you?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

7 minutes ago, PCTechBoi said:

It has to be possible.

First of all you wouldn't be running it on your iPad, you would be running it on their resources. Second of all a Minecraft server isn't a small snippet of code. A website that allows you to run code is not going to give you tonnes of memory and disk space or let other people connect to their servers, let alone for free. I also doubt an iPad would have sufficient power to run one properly, but I've seen Pi's running one so maybe it has.

If you can't run one locally you'll have to rent a VPS and set it up there, get Realms or rent a Minecraft server somewhere else.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F聽| RAM: GSkill聽16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU:聽i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU:聽i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 minute ago, PCTechBoi said:

It has to be possible.

No, it doesn't - and it isn't. There are things you can't do within a browser, especially in a sandboxed environment like iOS, and opening a network port for a minecraft server is one of those things. You definitely can't do that on the servers hosting something like Jupyter either because if they let people do that it would be a gigantic security risk.

But hey, if you think you know better don't let me stop you. If you figure out a way to get arbitrary code execution from a browser in iOS you can also file a CVE and call Apple to collect your premium bug bounty.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The server receives data and sends data to all the people connected to it, keeping everything coordinated. It also keeps track of everything changing on the map (what's created, what's destroyed, geometry of the map)

Even if it would actually be possible to "write something on a coding website" you would basically write the equivalent of hundreds to thousands of pages in order to make this possible.聽 If you get it working, it would be very slow, because the web browser and your iPad is very slow.

2 hours ago, PCTechBoi said:

It has to be possible.

For one almost all coding websites are nothing more than a basic interpreter that runs within a very confined set of parameters Another issue you have is system resources and access to IP stack will not be available through any platform since that opens the door for people to commit very questionable acts. Further an IPad doesn't run the website, the website does nothing but present formatted聽information to the IPad.

Even if you said screw it to the website I doubt that you could actually get anything to run on that IPad without some very arduous efforts. Even trying to develop a server-client implementation that runs natively on an open system for a game is no small feat. Trying to develop one for a game that you don't have development knowledge on is a whole different beast.

TLDR No. It is NOT possible by any means.

I am going to take a shot in the dark here and assume that your parents wont allow you to host your own Minecraft server, so you're trying to circumvent that with about 10 minutes spent on codeacademy. If thats the case listen to your parents, they're probably right...

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95,聽Storage:聽Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD,聽WD 1.5TB Black

Display:聽BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

As far as I know you would have to integrate the whole code of minecraft into the website. And minecraft is written on Java. Java applets are dead but there are other ways to do it. It's just not worth for the amount of effort you have to put into it.

You would have to make some changes to the code of the Minecraft. And the Java file should be in the same folder of the html file if you're hosting it or you could do Drive to web or GitHub pages

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave.聽

1 hour ago, Gamer4714 said:

As far as I know you would have to integrate the whole code of minecraft into the website. And minecraft is written on Java. Java applets are dead but there are other ways to do it. It's just not worth for the amount of effort you have to put into it.

You would have to make some changes to the code of the Minecraft. And the Java file should be in the same folder of the html file if you're hosting it or you could do Drive to web or GitHub pages

Oh ok