You think were in a Police state??????

Tocsin_786

Oh nothing, I love Alberta and Texas. Just these two places aren't for the faint of heart; guns, hillbillies, rascism, pollution, the hate of left wing commies.

I must be in the good part then... The Chinese here seem fine to me.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

well, I say in general that cops are humans and therefore subject to all the things humans are, e.g violence, self centered, egotistical, and likely to make many mistakes.  Not only that, there job is to work with the worst of humanity on a daily basis, so they have to deal with the worst of the worst without letting their worst side take over.  That's a pretty tough ask in my book. 

There are a fair share of people that sign up for that job because they get off on being over people.

The light punishments that are given for abuse of power in the police force has made it easier for the 'bad police officers' to stick around. in this case it's a few weeks paid leave.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Looks like you gotta educate cops on what a DEAD person looks like O.o

He sadly didn't live through that.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I understand there is some protocol that cops go through but that was just crazy. And as that one male reporter said, they're just anxious to unload his gun. Its the whole culture of shooting guns that's also at blame. The video almost looks like they are doing a military operation. Not a regular civilian cop. Thankfully I live in an area where guns are not very popular and such cops are not common.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

What freedom? Please explain which freedoms you have over other western countries.

'Merica. But really I can believe that I am free even though we are not that free, you can't force me what to believe. AND I BELIEVE THAT I AM AS FREE AS AN EAGLE 

'Merica. But really I can believe that I am free even though we are not that free, you can't force me what to believe. AND I BELIEVE THAT I AM AS FREE AS AN EAGLE 

You think you are 'free' because the media, and general propaganda has told you you are 'free'.

Look at videos like this. How is it any different than north korean children being told that their leader is an living god?

Why does the caged bird sing?

I think you're looking too far into a misnomer 

Error: 410

You think you are 'free' because the media, and general propaganda has told you you are 'free'.

Look at videos like this. How is it any different than north korean children being told that their leader is an living god?

I can believe what I want, AND YOU CANT DO SHISHT ABOUT IT. Also, Who cares? 

You are not required to sing the pledge of alliance, it is voluntary. As a matter of most schools in California and 44 other states do not require a set time in schools for 'patriotic exercise'.

Growing up we did this at least once a week in elementary school (k-5), once I got to middle school it was being phased out.

EDIT: I'm in college now as a freshman, just wanted to add this to set a perspective on what sort of timeline I am talking about.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

We aren't living in a police state yet, but we are coming close to it. The NDAA, the PATRIOT Act, PRISM, all of these tyrannical laws makes America closer to a police state. The IRS, the Obama, Bush and Clinton administrations didn't even take a look at the Constitution. They blindly ignore it and continue on their path to tyranny. Unless we get a good person (like Ron Paul) in the White House, and get more people who actually take a look at the Constitution in Congress, can we stop America from becoming a police state. 

PC Build

AMD FX 4130@3.8GHz | Sapphire Radeon HD R9 290@947 MHz | 8GB of DDR3 1333MHz RAM | 500GB Seagate HDD | [broken] Cooler Master i600 PSU | Some LG Disk Drive that costed me $20|

Police "brutality" is generally only when an offender acts out or is a smart arse and has it coming. I find it funny when people commit some horrendous crimes and then whinge because they got tackled as they ran away from the cops. 

American's signed away their privacy rights with the PATRIOT Act last decade, unfortunatly, with things being digital now, the trends will probably get worse

He sadly didn't live through that.

Oh shit really? I'm not aware of what happened, but after the first shot I would think he was just unconscious. They just pretty much murdered him with the excess amount of force....