I was considering 750w for my rig, but should i take like 850? or am i fine with 750w

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
Just now, CasperLaGhost said:

by that you mean... what exactly?

Not every 750 watt gold PSU is created equal. The 30 series is known for some pretty intense power spikes, especially on the 3080 and 3090. Have you had a look at the PSU tier list? I don't recommend anything below Tier A for a GPU like this.

I'm going to buy the i9-9900kf and rtx 3080(in the future, for obvious reasons). And i was wondering if I'm fine with a 750w gold rated power supply.

750 watts is sufficient for the task at hand. Just make sure it's a good power supply, not just a 750 watt gold rated PSU. It has to be able to handle the transient power draw.

There are even rigs with a good 650 watt PSU running a system like this.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

750 watts is sufficient for the task at hand. Just make sure it's a good power supply, not just a 750 watt gold rated PSU. It has to be able to handle the transient power draw.

Not every 750 watt gold PSU is created equal. The 30 series is known for some pretty intense power spikes, especially on the 3080 and 3090. Have you had a look at the PSU tier list? I don't recommend anything below Tier A for a GPU like this.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

As said by @Fasauceome, not because two psu's have the same rating or power, that means they are both the same. I'd reccomend the rm750x

Try going to with a high quality unit. The PU tier list is a pretty good resoruce. 

Also, dont buy a 9900KF in 2021.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

21 minutes ago, CrownieOG said:

i must agree with the not going for the 9900kf unless its a really good deal, 10th gens price was reduced and may be a better deal

I wanted to go with a AIO liquid cooler, but all the one that is 360mm is for 200€ because it also supports the 1200 lga socket, but if i go with a decent deal on a i9 9900kf i can go with a 360mm for 100€. 

I wanted to go with a AIO liquid cooler, but all the one that is 360mm is for 200€ because it also supports the 1200 lga socket, but if i go with a decent deal on a i9 9900kf i can go with a 360mm for 100€. 

The AIO for 100€ was 1 C above the massive noctua air cooler. So i call that a win.

3 minutes ago, CasperLaGhost said:

A 360mm is way overkill for even oc'ing a 5800x, what cpu were you going to buy originally, a 240 or 280 is more than enough

1 minute ago, Ankh Tech said:

A 360mm is way overkill for even oc'ing a 5800x, what cpu were you going to buy originally, a 240 or 280 is more than enough

i9-9900kf is the only CPU. But the 360mm is like slightly more than a 240mm so like why not?

15 minutes ago, CasperLaGhost said:

i9-9900kf is the only CPU. But the 360mm is like slightly more than a 240mm so like why not?

well, if you say it that way, it's fine