Disney buys YouTube powerhouse Maker Studios for $500 million

ZiggyManSaad

http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/24/disney-buys-maker-studio-youtube/

What are they going to buy next? Holy crap.

Also, I wonder how much of an affect this will have on PewDiePie. Although, GiantBomb and GameSpot are both owned by CBS and they can still do whatever they want.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

who is that. on to the next thread

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

who is that. on to the next thread

He's like the Michael Jones of game reviewers.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

We'll soon see PewDiePie doing one of these ads

Haha, but seriously that is crazy! Kassem, Shay, LisaNova etc... are probably swimming in money right now.

Lmfao, dear god no.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

if they make a TV show of pewdiepie I am gonna get a pitchfork and a torch and goto DisneyLand

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

He's like the Michael Jones of game reviewers.

That's pretty much spot on as PewDiePie only pertains to people who find him funny. Otherwise people find him annoying just like Michael from Rooster Teeth.

if they make a TV show of pewdiepie I am gonna get a pitchfork and a torch and goto DisneyLand

I'd upgrade to a few nukes... Less probability of getting hurt and/or stopped if done properly :P

Why Disney? Why

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

This was posted quite some time ago.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

This was posted quite some time ago.

There was speculation a while ago, but the sale only just now happened...

Serious question, do they have to censor themselves? Disney seems to be pretty strict with regulations.

Serious question, do they have to censor themselves? Disney seems to be pretty strict with regulations.

Actually, Disney is only sctrict with their own in house things. Marvel still has the MAX line of comics and there are still dark stories in their main comics. Disney used to use Miramax (when they owned them) to release movies they didn't feel fit under the Disney name. For the most part, Disney seems to understand what makes a company popular and highly profitable when they purchase them and tries to let them continue doing that.

Captainsparklez is also in that network and has said the acquisition will not affect his content

"if by "bass" you mean wet farts then yes, those are the razer crapkens"

Still a better deal than $19 billion for Whatsapp.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Actually, Disney is only sctrict with their own in house things. Marvel still has the MAX line of comics and there are still dark stories in their main comics. Disney used to use Miramax (when they owned them) to release movies they didn't feel fit under the Disney name. For the most part, Disney seems to understand what makes a company popular and highly profitable when they purchase them and tries to let them continue doing that.

Yeah, I didn't really know how to put it like that. It seems to make the most sense for everyone involved that way.

who's Michael Jones?

He does Rage Quit for RoosterTeeth.

We'll soon see PewDiePie doing one of these ads

Haha, but seriously that is crazy! Kassem, Shay, LisaNova etc... are probably swimming in money right now.

Which pixel is Selena?