Windows 10 does not recognise old Mechanical Keyboard.

Go to solution Solved by Trinopoty,
5 minutes ago, MdDmXx said:

So, its not possible to use this keyboard with my pc ?

Not in the way you tried to.

My best advise is to put the keyboard in a garbage can after what you tried to do.

But I will tell you that you can get PS2 to USB converters in the market. You just have to properly reattach the PS2 cable you cut off. And hope that the controller on the keyboard and your PC is working at this point.

So, I found a keyboard at my gran's house, atleast 15 years old. Its the TVS Gold keyboard, which LTT made a video on with the actual cherry mx blue switches. It was used on a Pentium 2 System, and had a ps2 connector. I took it home and replaced the ps2 connector with a usb 2.0 connector, in hopes of using it as a gaming mechanical keyboard for free. But, as I connected it to my gaming laptop, 'usb device not recognised' keeps popping up and the led's on the keyboard keep flashing all the time. I can't even find the drivers for it online. Any ideas how to solve this problem ?

IMG_20210306_172807_1.jpg

IMG_20210306_172834_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, Trinopoty said:

How did you replace the PS2 connector with a USB connector?

Using this guide.

8 minutes ago, MdDmXx said:

Using this guide.

I call BS. The USB protocol isn't compatible with PS2 protocol. It's a miracle your USB controller didn't blow when you did this.

EDIT: And you should probably stay a light year away from that channel because their other videos are BS as well.

11 minutes ago, Trinopoty said:

I call BS. The USB protocol isn't compatible with PS2 protocol. It's a miracle your USB controller didn't blow when you did this.

10 minutes ago, Trinopoty said:

EDIT: And you should probably stay a light year away from that channel because their other videos are BS as well.

Agreed. Just get a PS/2 to USB adapter if you want to convert it. That does not mean that they keyboard will work though. In order to get that old keyboard running, you probably need an active PS/2 adapter box or a card if can find one.

5 minutes ago, MdDmXx said:

Not in the way you tried to.

My best advise is to put the keyboard in a garbage can after what you tried to do.

But I will tell you that you can get PS2 to USB converters in the market. You just have to properly reattach the PS2 cable you cut off. And hope that the controller on the keyboard and your PC is working at this point.

54 minutes ago, MdDmXx said:

Using this guide.

Form the description: "Thankyou for watching! and one more thing....this is theoritecal. I'm not sure if this will work. this is me just experimenting guys!!" 

What a POS.

Update:

So, I reconnected the PS2 connector and bought the adapter, now it works fine. Sorry for being hasty with the keyboard. I was just excited to use my first mechanical keyboard on my pc, and did not research enough for the same. Both the port and keyboard are undamaged.