Please help! 32gb of ram says compatible but not?

Go to solution Solved by MorbidAngel,
Just now, RenzoLF1 said:

@MorbidAngel @Slottr @Brok3n But who cares?

Hey guys this my other account. I had to make one real quick cause I got this message on my pc. So I got the ram to fit by flipping it right. Then my pc would try to turn it but couldn't. So I flip off the psu switch turn it back on & this message came up. Is this ok or nah? 

Snapchat-1628637327.jpg

Press F1 and go into the BIOS and then enable XMP, then save the settings and reboot (it will reboot automatically).

So, in the screenshot here that I posted. I bought some 32gb of ram for my pc. PC Part Picker says that it is compatible with my motherboard that I had for 3 years right? Well, the 32gb of ram I ordered did not fit in the ram slots 😕  now Idk what to do...if you guys can help me out some way that would be perfect. I was considering on refunding the ram...but thought I should find some help first. Here's a link for the motherboard I bought as well if you guys wanna look into it & help me...thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075RJHN2D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1.png

Did you flip the latches on the slots up?

Do you have the dimms in the right orientation?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Adding to @SlottrIf you just tried to stick the ram sticks in randomly- and/or without flipping out the latches on the dimm slots, of course it's not going to fit. They need to be specifically orientated to be put into the slots. If that's not the problem, can you be be more specific about what "not fitting" means? Like say them dimms are too long, one side gets stuck on the way down, ect. Most likely you're doing something wrong, although It could be a product defect. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

4 minutes ago, RenzoLF said:

So, in the screenshot here that I posted. I bought some 32gb of ram for my pc. PC Part Picker says that it is compatible with my motherboard that I had for 3 years right? Well, the 32gb of ram I ordered did not fit in the ram slots 😕  now Idk what to do...if you guys can help me out some way that would be perfect. I was considering on refunding the ram...but thought I should find some help first. Here's a link for the motherboard I bought as well if you guys wanna look into it & help me...thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075RJHN2D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1.png

everything should be compatible. Try watching a video on how to install ram. Also note that the two chunks of the golden teeth on the ram conductor are different sizes, and you need to pull up the latches on the sides of the slot.

@Slottr @Brok3n But who cares? Latches meaning as the thing that locks  in the ram sticks right? I did push it out to take out the previous 16gb of ram I have. Then once I took the ram sticks out. I try putting one of my new stick in & it just wouldn't go in. Like even the pins look like it wasn't gonna line up. 

Just now, RenzoLF said:

@Slottr @Brok3n But who cares? Latches meaning as the thing that locks  in the ram sticks right? I did push it out to take out the previous 16gb of ram I have. Then once I took the ram sticks out. I try putting one of my new stick in & it just wouldn't go in. Like even the pins look like it was gonna line up. 

if the notch in the dimm is lined up right, you just need to press down harder

Make sure theres nothing in the slot

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, RenzoLF said:

@Slottr @Brok3n But who cares? Latches meaning as the thing that locks  in the ram sticks right? I did push it out to take out the previous 16gb of ram I have. Then once I took the ram sticks out. I try putting one of my new stick in & it just wouldn't go in. Like even the pins look like it wasn't gonna line up. 

If then pins/notch don't line up flip the ram around, and try re-inserting it. If they do, try gingerly applying more pressure. These sticks won't slide right in but you still should be able to insert one with one hand using a reasonable amount of force.

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

2 minutes ago, RenzoLF said:

Like even the pins look like it wasn't gonna line up. 

Did you try flipping the RAM 180 degrees? Like literally just turning them around and pushing them in the other way

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

I don’t know how it works on your motherboard, but on mine the latches on the sides automatically lock in when the ram is secured. 

Just now, RenzoLF said:

@MorbidAngel @Brok3n But who cares? @Slottr Honestly I never thought of flipping the stick & try putting them in that way...I'll try to give that a shot & see how everything goes. 

I'm 99.99% sure that will work

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

Hey guys this my other account. I had to make one real quick cause I got this message on my pc. So I got the ram to fit by flipping it right. Then my pc would try to turn it but couldn't. So I flip off the psu switch turn it back on & this message came up. Is this ok or nah? 

Snapchat-1628637327.jpg

Just now, RenzoLF1 said:

Read the message. Press F1 to get into the BIOS.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

Just now, RenzoLF1 said:

Snapchat-1628637327.jpg

Press F1 and go into the BIOS and then enable XMP, then save the settings and reboot (it will reboot automatically).

2 minutes ago, RenzoLF1 said:

Snapchat-1628637327.jpg

press f1

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, MorbidAngel said:

Where would I go to enable xmp? Under ai tweaker? If so I think I already had it on. 

Snapchat-1006106236.jpg

Just now, RenzoLF1 said:

Where would I go to enable xmp? Under ai tweaker? If so I think I already had it on. 

Snapchat-1006106236.jpg

Yes it's already on. You should be fine to just save settings and reboot. As you can see at the bottom right it also says 32GB memory so you should be good. Idk much about tweaking the XMP settings etc so I'll leave that to someone else.

Yes it's already on. You should be fine to just save settings and reboot. As you can see at the bottom right it also says 32GB memory so you should be good. Idk much about tweaking the XMP settings etc so I'll leave that to someone else.

Ok one more question. Right here it says dram frequency is DDR4-3000MHZ. The ram I got now is 3600MHZ. Should I change it to 3600MHZ? 

Snapchat-2105032185.jpg

Just now, RenzoLF1 said:

Ok one more question. Right here it says dran frequency is DDR4-3000MHZ. The ram I got now is 3600MHZ. Should I change it to 3600MHZ? 

Snapchat-2105032185.jpg

Honestly I have no clue I don't fiddle around much in BIOS. I set everything to auto on my PC and that's it lol. I THINK it automatically will change the value but again I'm not sure. You can try and change it I doubt it will break the computer, worst case scenario just change it back. But again, I don't know so don't take my word for it.

Honestly I have no clue I don't fiddle around much in BIOS. I set everything to auto on my PC and that's it lol. I THINK it automatically will change the value but again I'm not sure. You can try and change it I doubt it will break the computer, worst case scenario just change it back. But again, I don't know so don't take my word for it.

Ok so I left the bios. My pc try booting up again. And again it kept cutting off and on. & took me back where I need to open bios again. Oh I forgot to mention my motherboard shows like a orange light too when I try booting it up. 

5 minutes ago, RenzoLF1 said:

Ok so I left the bios. My pc try booting up again. And again it kept cutting off and on. & took me back where I need to open bios again. Oh I forgot to mention my motherboard shows like a orange light too when I try booting it up. 

@Brok3n But who cares? @Slottr can you guys try helping me with this too?

1 minute ago, RenzoLF1 said:

@Brok3n But who cares? @Slottr can you guys try helping me with this too?

Probably just training memory

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Probably just training memory

I never heard of that. But I looked it up & I guess my pc is still trying to read or pickup the memory I just installed? 

5 minutes ago, RenzoLF1 said:

I never heard of that. But I looked it up & I guess my pc is still trying to read or pickup the memory I just installed? 

Yes just let it cycle on and off for a few minutes and then it should start up. Don't cut the power to the pc

1 minute ago, MorbidAngel said:

Yes just let it cycle on and off for a few minutes and then it should start up. Don't cut the power to the pc

Ight cool. What if it keep taking me back to the screen where I gotta boot up bios?