Don't build a ryzen system if you don't already have some sort of graphics card

curiousmind34

An Intel system without a discrete GPU isn't useful for anything beyond basic web-browsing and productivity anyway. At least AMD offers the possibility of doing some real gaming with their APU's. If you want to do some gaming while holding out until GPU prices normalize, AMD is the only option. 

For most of us on this forum who are gamers, a discrete GPU is going to be a necessity either way. I don't see the inclusion of integrated graphics on most Intel chips as a very meaningful reason to go Intel.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

An Intel system without a discrete GPU isn't useful for anything beyond basic web-browsing and productivity anyway. At least AMD offers the possibility of doing some real gaming with their APU's. If you want to do some gaming while holding out until GPU prices normalize, AMD is the only option. 

For most of us on this forum who are gamers, a discrete GPU is going to be a necessity either way. I don't see the inclusion of integrated graphics on most Intel chips as a very meaningful reason to go Intel.

I’ve heard intel’S Xe iGPU is actually competitive with vega7. Can run 1080p low at usable frame rates in some games.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

24 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I’ve heard intel’S Xe iGPU is actually competitive with vega7. Can run 1080p low at usable frame rates in some games.

The Xe they're putting in laptops or the nerfed version that's going in desktop chips?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

The Xe they're putting in laptops or the nerfed version that's going in desktop chips?

I was unaware there was a difference.  I’m guessing the laptop one.  When I saw it running in a video it was on a laptop.  How nerfed is the desktop Xe?

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

13 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I was unaware there was a difference.  I’m guessing the laptop one.  When I saw it running in a video it was on a laptop.  How nerfed is the desktop Xe?

I thought I read the Xe integrated graphics in desktop chips are only like half the execution units of what's in laptops but now I can't find it.

52 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I thought I read the Xe integrated graphics in desktop chips are only like half the execution units of what's in laptops but now I can't find it.

There was a thing where they were talking about doing a Xe as a discrete card.  Would work in combination with an iGPU.  Might be that

12 hours ago, Middcore said:

This is very likely to change when they ship xe with 11th gen desktop

Even if you can do some gaming on vega , it's just so hard to justify spending 200 dollars or more (with the current market) on a 4c/4t cpu in 2021.

14 hours ago, Voluspa said:

So just because the 5600 and the 5800 aren't APU's they're worse per dollar? Keep in mind you're still buying a GPU with the 10700k and the 10900k. It's more a lesson in patience...

Maybe, but you can RUN the intel without an additional GPU, you can't do that with AMD, unless you buy a nerfed G series chip.  (The 4000 series are nice, but not in retail for whatever dumb reason.)

48 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

This is very likely to change when they ship xe with 11th gen desktop

Even if you can do some gaming on vega , it's just so hard to justify spending 200 dollars or more (with the current market) on a 4c/4t cpu in 2021.

Yeah I see people saying just buy an APU, but good luck finding one at all or for a reasonable price because of the current market and shortages. The 3400g is decent for some light gaming but i wouldn't spend $200 on it. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Ryzen integrated graphics A LOT more powerful than Intel integrated graphics?

From what I've seen, you can totally run modern games on 2400g and even 2200g, whereas Intel integrated graphics can basically handle only office work. Doesn't seem like a very valid comparison between the two.

Also, Ryzen motherboards are cheaper and Ryzen uses the same CPU slot so you don't have to buy a new mobo when upgrading.  

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.