Corsair H150i Elite Capellix - 3 ML120 Push and 2 SP140 Pull?

ShoturSchnitzel

The AIO comes w/ 3 ML120s but I was thinking of adding 2 Corsair SP140s to the back for pull. Would this improve performance (since there is just higher static pressure) or decrease performance (if the misalignment of the 140mm frames impede air pushed in from the 120mms)?

The why of those one eludes me.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

42 minutes ago, ShoturSchnitzel said:

The AIO comes w/ 3 ML120s but I was thinking of adding 2 Corsair SP140s to the back for pull. Would this improve performance (since there is just higher static pressure) or decrease performance (if the misalignment of the 140mm frames impede air pushed in from the 120mms)?

I don't beileve two 140's would span the entire radiator lengthwise, and would overlap it widthwise, and the air flowing through likely would be disrupted in some sort of form, not sure how that would affect performance. But, Why in the first place? Just... why? 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

7 hours ago, ShoturSchnitzel said:

The AIO comes w/ 3 ML120s but I was thinking of adding 2 Corsair SP140s to the back for pull. Would this improve performance (since there is just higher static pressure) or

decrease performance (if the misalignment of the 140mm frames impede air pushed in from the 120mms)?

A 140mm fan on a 120mm wide radiator would overlap and pull air from the sides and not through the radiator. 

If you want to go for a push/pull config you should use the same fans on both sides.

And I'm not only talking about the same size but also the same fan model (3x ML120 + 3x ML120) so you can match the same rpm and airflow/pressure on both sides of the radiator.

If you have very restricted airflow through your AIO radiator then adding extra fans on both sides could help with cooling.

In a good case with decent airflow the difference would be negligible. 

In my old case (Lian Li O11 Dynamic) I had a 360 AIO with two different setups.

3x 120mm fans in pull config

6x 120mm push+pull config.

Temp difference was 1-2 °C

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9.