Which Manjaro is the best option?

There are a few options for Manjaro.

XFCE 20.2.1

KDE PLasma 20.2.1.

Gnome 20.2.1

Architect 20.0.3

Which one would be the best options?! Is there much difference between one?! I am interested in know how other members have experienced this OS. I am currently using Linux Mint and Ubuntu.

Looking forward in hearing the feedback.

What de do you want? They will all run the same programs but just have a different look and ui. 

Give it a try in a vm if you want.

You can also install the other de's later on if you want. Id personally start with gnome.

My intention is to run Manjaro in an Oracle Virtualbox. I will also be testing Fedora, Kali Linux, Debian, Linux Mint and Ubuntu. I would like to find out which is the best Linux OS would suit be best as a main operating system for work and light gaming. 

16 minutes ago, Beorn_Bear said:

My intention is to run Manjaro in an Oracle Virtualbox. I will also be testing Fedora, Kali Linux, Debian, Linux Mint and Ubuntu. I would like to find out which is the best Linux OS would suit be best as a main operating system for work and light gaming. 

Then might as well try them all and see what you like the most.

-> Moved to Linux, macOS and Everything Not-Windows

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, Beorn_Bear said:

Kali is very insecure and shouldn't be used as a main OS, so I wouldn't even bother trying it, also, Debian is not as beginer friendly as you think so if you're not that experienced I wouldn't recommend. Also, the main difference between the other distros is the package manager, manjaro is fully rolling release and also has the aur which basically means most applications you can think of can be installed on it. Fedora is semi-rolling release with some monthly versions, Ubuntu and Linux mint are a lot more stable (even though I doubt you'll have many problems with the others). Lastly, it doesn't matter which de you.start off with because you can always switch to others very easily (as easy as logging in and out)

8 hours ago, Beorn_Bear said:

Kali is very insecure and shouldn't be used as a main OS, so I wouldn't even bother trying it, also, Debian is not as beginer friendly as you think so if you're not that experienced I wouldn't recommend. Also, the main difference between the other distros is the package manager, manjaro is fully rolling release and also has the aur which basically means most applications you can think of can be installed on it. Fedora is semi-rolling release with some monthly versions, Ubuntu and Linux mint are a lot more stable (even though I doubt you'll have many problems with the others). Lastly, it doesn't matter which de you.start off with because you can always switch to others very easily (as easy as logging in and out).

13 hours ago, Beorn_Bear said:

Which one would be the best options?! Is there much difference between one?! I am interested in know how other members have experienced this OS. I am currently using Linux Mint and Ubuntu.

The difference between them is that they have a different desktop environment and some programs are different. 

I recommend you try them all

personally I use manjaro KDE and so far it’s good. KDE is relatively Windows like in the standard configuration but it’s very flexible and can be heavily modified. Gnome is a Destop environment that focuses on a clean design but it’s not that much customizable like KDE.

XFCE is a desktop environment that is relatively light so it doesn’t use not as much resources like the other two.

i hope that helps( please write if there are still any questions left )

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

For the moment, I will focus on Fedora, Linux Mint and Manjaro within my Oracle Virtualbox. I will test and see which will be the most suitable for me. I have had use my Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and Raspberry Pi zero for a while. I use my Raspberry Pi Zero as a Pi-Hole. Eventually, I will choice one Linux OS as my main operating system.

Nonetheless, I will still need to use Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 for work.