New CPU Cooling Setup/How To Control RGB Cooler without dedicated RGB Header?

Sebastian Kurpiel

Hey All!
I upgrade my gpu recently and starting notice a lot of heat in the center of my case.
I was wondering if switch to a watered cooled aio setup I could divert/split up the heat so that it's not all in the center of the case.
This is the current setup where the GPU is close to the CPU cooler (an evo 212).
SetupCurrent.png.b91b50940122043da7c587466a755128.png
My thoughts are that if I get an AIO and I move to the top, then the heat will be more dispersed therefore lowering the temperature in the center?
Something Like this
SetupIdea.png.4fb6e9bb81b44af249757ed1c4f2fbec.png
Does that make sense or is it not really going to have an effect on my temperatures?

Also side question I have a Asus z97 mobo at the moment with plans to upgrade in the future. Is there a way I control rgb aios or would it require a another component to control it?

Thanks and appreciate any help or thoughts!

1 minute ago, narrdarr said:

what case and cooler do you currently have ?

Zalman neo z9 neo pretty old budget case, but it works for me and I replace the acrylic with temp glass...
The Cooler is a cooler master hyper 212 evo with a noctua fan

8 hours ago, Sebastian Kurpiel said:

Also side question I have a Asus z97 mobo at the moment with plans to upgrade in the future. Is there a way I control rgb aios or would it require a another component to control it?

you can get internal usb 2.0 controllers so any mb can have rgb so long as the software will run on that os.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

What are your temps like? Having heat inside the case is normal, and doesn't actually matter to anything. Its mainly because the way GPU cooler works (dumps heat all over the case). So unless you have significantly higher CPU temps than before, there's no reason for cooler upgrade. Unless you actually want some RGB.

For RGB, some come with manual controller. But there are also some USB ones which you can use. Just be sure to ask about the one you are gonna pick before. Because some, like Thermaltake, Corsair and NZXT only work with their own controllers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv