antivirus buy and install 2 user account

johnyb98

Hi all members.

Please, I would like to ask something about antivirus buy and installation.

I want to buy an antivirus and install it on a Windows 10 pc.

Some details I will give you I think that are required to answer my question.

Details:

Windows 10 have two users account

Antivirus buy will be for two years

I want to use it for both users on this pc only

Question:

a. Although there are created two users, I do not have to buy two licenses. Am I correct?

b. If question a. is answered that I have to buy only one license, about installation, the installation should be made only on one user and automatically will be used for both users? I guess installation should be made on an administrator user. Is that correct?

Thank you for your time! 

23 minutes ago, johnyb98 said:

Hi all members.

Please, I would like to ask something about antivirus buy and installation.

I want to buy an antivirus and install it on a Windows 10 pc.

Some details I will give you I think that are required to answer my question.

Details:

Windows 10 have two users account

Antivirus buy will be for two years

I want to use it for both users on this pc only

Question:

a. Although there are created two users, I do not have to buy two licenses. Am I correct?

b. If question a. is answered that I have to buy only one license, about installation, the installation should be made only on one user and automatically will be used for both users? I guess installation should be made on an administrator user. Is that correct?

Thank you for your time! 

If its 3rd party I wouldn't get it as Microsoft Security Essentials(Windows Security) is pretty much good enough barring a premium account to say Malware Bytes. Avast and Norton are not the greatest nor worth a subscription. But that's just my two cents, and yes typically any purchases made on the Admin account will have to be shared in their preferences with all accounts not just the admin if the user account wants to use the program and it isn't bound to a user log in the guest account may need.

While some of things will depend on what AV it is, and their support is best place to ask these questions. I can answer as BitDefender user. It locks to PCs name, not individual user accounts. The software does make distinction between accounts, but only for advanced controls, such as parental stuff. So I have 5pc license. One is on my main PC, 2nd is my laptop, 3rd is my moms laptop, 4th is my phone and 5th is my tablet. All of them are identified by name of the device in settings.

Upon installing any software as admin account, you will be asked if software will be for the current account or all accounts. If you would try it with normal account (if you had any), it wouldn't even give option to install software for all.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv