Jim Ryan Confirms More PS Exclusives Headed to PC, Starting With Days Gone in Spring

gloop

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/playstation-vr-jim-ryan-interview-2021

A whole slate of them is on the way starting with Days Gone this spring. 

Fair enough. So releasing PlayStation games on PC was something that Sony PlayStation held back on for a long time. Now it sounds like you’re very much on that bandwagon. What changed?

I think a few things changed. We find ourselves now in early 2021 with our development studios and the games that they make in better shape than they’ve ever been before. Particularly from the latter half of the PS4 cycle our studios made some wonderful, great games. There’s an opportunity to expose those great games to a wider audience and recognise the economics of game development, which are not always straightforward. The cost of making games goes up with each cycle, as the calibre of the IP has improved. Also, our ease of making it available to non-console owners has grown. So it’s a fairly straightforward decision for us to make. 

This is following on from your publishing Horizon Zero Dawn on PC in August last year. How did that go?

We assessed the exercise in two ways. Firstly, in terms of the straightforward success of the activity of publishing the game on PC, people liked it and they bought it. We also looked at it through the lens of what the PlayStation community thought about it. There was no massive adverse reaction to it. So we will continue to take mission steps in this direction.

I’m personally interested to see if these will head to GOG like Horizon did. 

Dang it Sony, release God of War games on PC already. Even Micro$oft is releasing their "exclusives" on Windows now.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

16 minutes ago, Levent said:

Dang it Sony, release God of War games on PC already. Even Micro$oft is releasing their "exclusives" on Windows now.

i bet some of those would port so badly.

I can hope spiderman will come if so I don't need a PS5

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

19 hours ago, Kanna said:

I can hope spiderman will come if so I don't need a PS5

Spiderman is one game that definitely won't come to pc, I guarantee it.

Just now, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Spiderman is one game that definitely won't come to pc, I guarantee it.

I can still hope

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

3 hours ago, Kanna said:

I can still hope

I mean, you can hope...but it won't happen.

That is one franchise that they will never willingly share.

23 hours ago, narrdarr said:

i bet some of those would port so badly.

Most likely a definite controller requirement and then people are going to bitch about a PC game not having good keyboard support and downvote it to hell.

Actually, the first 5 games had a static camera and required almost entirely movement and face buttons, so guaranteed people would shit on it for feeling like shit to play on something it wasn't designed for.

#Muricaparrotgang