80 plus gold/platinum power supply 650w

Arthur52

Hey guys,please give me your opinion about what power supply should I buy?Corsair,Antec,Thermaltake?

Honestly you don't need a gold or platinum, but whatever.

RM/AX/HX From Corsair, X Series from Seasonic

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

I have no complaints about my Cooler Master V650s (a Seasonic rebrand), semi-modulair, 80+ gold rated and actually quite silent. 

Also the Seasonic G series is something to look at.

THE signature

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I have no complaints about my Cooler Master V650s (a Seasonic rebrand), semi-modulair, 80+ gold rated and actually quite silent. 

Also the Seasonic G series is something to look at.

Looking at the thing it doesn't seem to fully support multi-gpu as it only has 2*6+2. Is this info correct?

And I'd personally look into Corsair, Super Flower, Seasonic, XFX, Be quiet! and cooler master.

And people don't need to go apeshit if I missed their favourite PSU brand.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Seasonic G Series is good

CPU: i5 3570k CPU Cooler: Hyper 212+ Mobo: Asrock Pro 4 Z77 GPU: Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 PSU: Seasonic G 650w HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB SSD: Kingston v300 Sound Card: Asus xonar dg MonitorAcer K272HUL, HP 22bw 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Logitech G400 Mousepad: Steelseries Qck+ Case: Corsair Air 540 Fans: 4x Noctua NF-P12 (saving up for more)

if you want platinum, the best psu in this W range is this http://www.amazon.com/KingWin-Platinum-Universal-Modular-LZP-550/dp/B006VK8GE0/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1395602209&sr=8-18&keywords=kingwin . its a rebranded super flower golden king 550. it also works as a 650W unit @ 80+gold . you can have i7 and dual gtx 770 on it no problems. the fan spins rarely.

if you want gold seasonic G series. cheaper, rosewill capstone series,which are based on the super flower golden green platform

Looking at the thing it doesn't seem to fully support multi-gpu as it only has 2*6+2. Is this info correct?

And I'd personally look into Corsair, Super Flower, Seasonic, XFX, Be quiet! and cooler master.

And people don't need to go apeshit if I missed their favourite PSU brand.

Good that you mention that! It's not a complaint of mine, because I'm currently running MITX anyway, but it does indeed only have 2 6+2, so that is correct.

Quite stupid since you can actually power 2 cards with 650w.

THE signature

I really like EVGA's NEX650G (650w Gold). Fully modular, and powers my OC'd 4670k/2x GTX 760's without any issues. 10 year warranty as well.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

Corsair RM650. Fully modular, 80 plus gold, and very silent.

I have this exact power supply and it is incredible.

I paid extra for more cable management and it was totally worth it for my first build  :)

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

Kaasgeelheid, on 24 Mar 2014 - 04:08 AM, said:

Good that you mention that! It's not a complaint of mine, because I'm currently running MITX anyway, but it does indeed only have 2 6+2, so that is correct.

Quite stupid since you can actually power 2 cards with 650w.

I believe the V650 is Enhance Electronics unit, not Seasonic. Only the 700w, 850w, 1000w and 1200w are Seasonic unit.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page364.htm

You should get whichever is most appropriate for your system.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I have a Corsair CS650M. Its modular, 80+ Gold, its ridiculously silent, even under load, and the price was more than right.

I have a RM 550 (see my sig). Great PSU. I haven't noticed any noise come from it apart from I turn it on. I got it for £71 which is v cheap considering what it is (I had a Corsair CX750M which I got for £68 to put it into perspective for you). I don't really know much about PSU's but I know the RM one I bought is very nice (I'm super anal about sound, I want a 30db rig at max load (custom water loop is getting bought after pay day woowoo)).

RM650, corsairs newest PSU, and it's very quiet (friend have one)

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time.