Pc won't boot unless I use onboard graphics

Adrian12

HI guys, my pc won't boot into windows unless I use the onboard graphics of my supermodel x8dti. I have a 1060 6gb, win 10 64bit and x5660. 550w PSU. Does anyone know why it won't work because I'm pretty sure the GPU is fine because it boots the pc and I can go to bios but I can't go into win 10

does it keep power cycling boot looping?

Edited by OVER10RD

Download DDU, boot into safe mode, remove all Nvidia drivers, then reboot. If your 1060 can now boot into Windows, reinstall the drivers.

If it can still boot into Windows, great, you're done.

If it stops working once you install the drivers, the card is done and needs to be repaired/replaced.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

4 minutes ago, OVER10RD said:

does it keep power cycling boot looping?

this happened to me with a graphic card and i was able to fix it by updating the bios. hope that helps

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Download DDU, boot into safe mode, remove all Nvidia drivers, then reboot. If your 1060 can now boot into Windows, reinstall the drivers.

If it stops working once you install the drivers, the card is done and needs to be repaired/replaced.

What is ddu?

7 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

5 minutes ago, Adrian12 said:

What is ddu?

Display Driver Uninstaller

Hi guys, so my pc won't boot unless I use onboard graphics. I have uninstalled all GPU drivers and still doesn't work, however it now boots into windows which is a step further, but it stays on the logo. I have a 1060 6gb, x8dti, and x5660. Any help?

Are you getting any power to your GPU? Like are the fans spinning, any LED's lighting up? If so, can the PC recognize that you have a GPU plugged into your PC? Any information will help. Also have you tried re-seating the GPU onto your motherboard?

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

Just now, MorbidAngel said:

Are you getting any power to your GPU? Like are the fans spinning, any LED's lighting up? If so, can the PC recognize that you have a GPU plugged into your PC? Any information will help. Also have you tried re-seating the GPU onto your motherboard?

Yes, all of that works and has been done. I also have an update: it works now, I am installing drivers again, I will see if it works and let you know

Check if you installed the GPU power connector properly and try reseating the graphics card. Also open the side of the case and inspect the GPU. If nothing turns on, it either means it doesn't have enough power or it's faulty. If it turns on, try rebooting into safe mode and reinstall the NVIDIA driver using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller)

Uninstall it using DDU

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

And reinstall the latest GTX 1060 Drivers from NVIDIA.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

I see a supermicro board with dgpu issues. Do you have the video toggle jumper set up right and do you have your video devices enabled/disabled in the bios?

On 2/21/2021 at 2:35 PM, JoshuaKoe said:

Check if you installed the GPU power connector properly and try reseating the graphics card. Also open the side of the case and inspect the GPU. If nothing turns on, it either means it doesn't have enough power or it's faulty. If it turns on, try rebooting into safe mode and reinstall the NVIDIA driver using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller)

Uninstall it using DDU

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

And reinstall the latest GTX 1060 Drivers from NVIDIA.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Although doing all of that worked, the issue is back. Do you think maybe the gpu is damaged or that i should upgrade my pc. I was planning on doing that but i purchased a new monitor instead.

I think the GPU is damaged. Have you tried calling the GPU Vendor or NVIDIA? 

3 minutes ago, JoshuaKoe said:

I think the GPU is damaged. Have you tried calling the GPU Vendor or NVIDIA? 

No i havent yet, ill do that now

1 minute ago, Adrian12 said:

No i havent yet, ill do that now

what is your gpu vendor?

1 minute ago, JoshuaKoe said:

what is your gpu vendor?

zotac, i have a zotac mini 1060 6gb. I have contacted them on live support and am waiting for a response.

2 minutes ago, Adrian12 said:

zotac, i have a zotac mini 1060 6gb. I have contacted them on live support and am waiting for a response.

Oh ok. Good Luck calling them! 🙂

5 hours ago, JoshuaKoe said:

Oh ok. Good Luck calling them! 🙂

So they have told me it's either a GPU issue or other components, I am planning on upgrading in a week or so as have returned my monitor to pay for parts, but do you think I can test the card somehow once I get it working to see if it's the GPU or pc?

Try and disable CSM in the bios.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>