Did Titanfall live up to YOUR hype?

ManOfDisguise

Just bought TF today all excited to play it but when I actually did play it i was very dissapointed. The game doesnt have much content(already knew that) but what I find even more dissapointing is how boring the gamepaly can get at times due to there being too many grunts/minions and a lot of the times I just keep running and running around the map but have a hard time finding actual players(unless they're in a titan).

This game is way too overrated and Im also dissapointed that Adam Sessler(rlly the only reviewer that i care about the others are full of crap) gave this a 5 out of 5...

Guess I wont be following this franchise.

What about you? How do you feel?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

juan word. 

no

of course not, when you hype a game to the point of naming it the goddamn coming of christ it's going to disappoint no matter how good it actually is

I'll tell you right now, it's highly probably Star Citizen is going to disappoint as well.

Error: 410

@ManOfDisguise  I was very excited for TF.  I had just put together a new computer and wanted a brand new game to play, so naturally, this was the pick.  I had a lot of issues with the 50GB size, but thats another topic.  Strictly gameplay, I was entertained for the first few hours, and then as you pointed out, it got dull.  I still play it, but it does not deserve a $60 dollar commitment, I would price it closer to $20 for what you actually get.  I do wish the maps were more full of pilots, only 6 per team???  Thats lunacy.  Yes, sometimes I end up waiting minutes before seeing another enemy on a map.  All in all, I am disappointed.  Will still play the game, but won't be any more expansions, DLCs, etc.. just not enough content and the multilpayer alone isnt enough to keep this game afloat for me.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I've only played the beta but I was dissapointed, so I didn't buy the game.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H CPU: i5 4690k GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB @ 1600mhz Case: Fractal Design define R5 CPU-Block: EK-Supremacy Acetal GPU-Block:EK-FC970 GTX WF3 Pump: Alphacool VPP655  Reservoir: EK-XRES 140 D5 HDD: WD Blue 1TB Keyboard: Ducky shine 3 /w mx black

@ManOfDisguise  I was very excited for TF.  I had just put together a new computer and wanted a brand new game to play, so naturally, this was the pick.  I had a lot of issues with the 50GB size, but thats another topic.  Strictly gameplay, I was entertained for the first few hours, and then as you pointed out, it got dull.  I still play it, but it does not deserve a $60 dollar commitment, I would price it closer to $20 for what you actually get.  I do wish the maps were more full of pilots, only 6 per team???  Thats lunacy.  Yes, sometimes I end up waiting minutes before seeing another enemy on a map.  All in all, I am disappointed.  Will still play the game, but won't be any more expansions, DLCs, etc.. just not enough content and the multilpayer alone isnt enough to keep this game afloat for me.

yea i guess we feel pretty much the same. kind of a shame as this was the only fps game i kinda gave a crap about but it turned out to be too dull... FPS nowadays are either unbalanced and have gamebreaking features or they are dull I guess. One or the other.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I played the beta, enjoyed it but when the game came out I saw few videos of it, it didn't seem like there was enough content to justify the price tag.

I played the beta, enjoyed it but when the game came out I saw few videos of it, it didn't seem like there was enough content to justify the price tag.

yerp.

Diamond 5 in League :)

hype ?

what hype

woo look mechs yay .....

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

No. Beta was fine, final game is less enjoyable then Black Ops 2. I played to level 50 but I won't prestige or play longer.

Titans are too op in my opinion, there is just not enough content and players seem to often see me long before I see them. All in all I don't enjoy it and only play it with at least 3 other of my friends.

I7-4770k - ASUS Maximus VI Formula - 16GB ADATA 2133MHz - EVGA 780 SC - 512GB Intel SSD - 2TB WD Black - Thermaltake DPS 750W

Nowadays I don't get hyped, at least not for many games. I was excited for Titanfall, but not "hyped". I played the beta and enjoyed it, saw the TB "WTF is" video, and I am not impressed enough to justify a $60 purchase and then having to pay for map packs/season passes(because everyone else will and it will split the community).

I'm passing. If the game had dedicated servers, a real server browser, and community made mods/maps support, then I would have bought it, but it doesn't.

GG Respawn. I respected you back in CoD4 and Mw2, but you're just as bad as BF and the new CoD's. 

No. There is like 0 content. 

How can a company charge 60 dollars for a game that is solely a multiplayer experience that is boring because, like you said, I also find it incredibly difficult to find actual players.

The game could be so much better and have so much depth to it if there was a legitimate campaign and story. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

I got bored when playing the Beta. 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

Already anticipated this. So i did not buy the game.. I'll wait until it either fails completely. Or rises to godly levels of gameplay.

Melchett34_zpsc9ea54fe.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

we all know that ina few months( less than 3 definitely and probably much sooner than that) the game will be almost dead at least on youtube 

Specs of my PC:

I had time to play a round yesterday. I started by doing the tutorial, i think it's done niceley and introduces the gameto you. But i was dissappointed by the 'story' which is basically: "go play a multiplayer online server, but we're gonna play some pseudo story scenes before it starts." which is ridiculous.

But the gameplay is awesome! There are some COD kids on the servers, which means you don't get shot immediatly, like in battlefield, and i was getting a positive K/D in my first match, in  a new game! :)

I suck much at the titanfights, but that was to be expected.

I think the graphics could've been better, but the staging of calling your titan, and getting into the titan and fighting with it, is fucking badass and feels good! except the fact that you suck at it, the first couple times. :D

I haven't played much yet, but so far i am impressed. I'll have to find out how OP the smart pistol is etc. :P

who cares...

I never hype games, so yes I thought it was decent. Unless its witcher 3....might hype that a tiny tiny bit

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

It was never on my radar.  I only played the beta because I like playing betas for upcoming games.  I literally thought it was just COD with mechs.  I had no idea of the verticallity of the game, which I really liked.  I have more fun as a pilot than in mechs, which feel slow and clumsy to me (even the Strider).  Somehow, my slow Ogre still manages 6-9 Titan kills a match though.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

AngryJoe - someone who I'm usually 50/50 on agreement with his reviews - gave the best and most realistic review imo. everyone should watch it, as he calls out everyone else giving this game a perfect score when it doesn't deserve it

I was surprised. AngryJoe can be very opinionated sometimes (not blindly bias, key word opinionated) - but his non starry eyed review really surprised me.

I disliked Adam Sessler's hype on his review as well, but he's entitled to his opinion and I'm allowed to disagree. still love him and will follow him forever

as for me...it didn't - and I had absolutely zero hype for the game in the first place. I could see how shallow it was from the very first video/gameplay....NEVER understood the hype. And I'm a HUGE robot/mecha fan......

I enjoyed the beta, but I think if the game supported more players at once the game would be a lot more chaotic which is something I would like

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

I enjoyed the beta, but I think if the game supported more players at once the game would be a lot more chaotic which is something I would like

I must admit i felt the same way, i don't own the game personally but a few mates own it and have watched them play and it does seem like increasing the player count on the server would enhance the game play experience. I'm not sure why they have chosen to make it so low?

It did because I wasn't hyped at all.

When I first saw gameplay videos I didn't know what to think of the game.
I was surprised how good it was when I played the Beta.

People are only mad because they over hyped it not because the game is bad or boring.
Respawn never showed the game in a different light than it actually is.(Not like Ubisoft with Watchdogs)

I bet if Half Life 3 comes everybody will hate on it.
Because people have way to high expectations.

RTX2070OC 

If you have trouble finding players im sorry you are just bad at the game, mostly navigating the maps and knowing roughly where people spawn. 

Yes it lived up to my hype cause i only ever expected it to be a good FPS, and i actually think its probably the best FPS to come out since Halo Reach or Black Ops.

That said. The Price tag considering its only Multiplayer is too much. Even a Horde mode would have been awesome.