Budget headphones under $150

Alexmuffinton

I’m looking for some openback/over-ear headphones under $150, I only use headphones for music and consuming media.

My previous research for this price point led me to a bunch of conflicting ideas, I just want to see your recommendations at this price point.

The devices that I use primarily to drive my other headphones/IEMs are my iPhone 7 and my Fiio btr3k.

5 minutes ago, Alexmuffinton said:

I’m looking for some openback/over-ear headphones under $150, I only use headphones for music and consuming media.

My previous research for this price point led me to a bunch of conflicting ideas, I just want to see your recommendations at this price point.

The devices that I use primarily to drive my other headphones/IEMs are my iPhone 7 and my Fiio btr3k.

basiclly the only company that has good 150$ headphones are steelseries, correct me if i wrong

2 hours ago, Alexmuffinton said:

Fidelio X2HR. I have a review comparing those to my old 990 pros. https://linustechtips.com/topic/1302705-review-of-the-x2hrs-and-compared-to-my-990-pros/

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

3 hours ago, ComputerBuilder said:

basiclly the only company that has good 150$ headphones are steelseries, correct me if i wrong

I don't know if you are familiar with companies that ACTUALLY makes audio products as their thing. Not keyboards/mice/other stuff. There are some exceptions since some companies such as Cooler Master or Kingston HyperX took a headphone that was already good then re skinning it to a headset with a mic. So no. Steelseries is not the best. They are mediocre at best for their price. Same goes with Logitech, Razer and others.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)