Best budget B450/550 mITX mobo

Mr.Meerkat

Hey all, I've seem to have caught the PC building bug again, after a 4 year haitus. The current plan is to downsize my current build from my Air 240 to a CM NR200, and yes, the plan is to bring both 240mm rads across as well (albeit a TX240 may replace one of my old ones). As my B350 mATX mobo will definitely not fit in a mITX case, it's also time to find a new mobo. After looking around, the two short listed are: Asrock Fatality B450 mITX and Asrock B550M-ITX. 

Asrock Fatality B450 mITX (£100): 

- Is £30 cheaper

- ALC1220, better onboard audio is always nice (unlike any other mITX mobo at this price point)

Asrock B550M-ITX (£130):

- Is B550

- Uhhhh, that's about it as I'm using a Fury/PCIe 3.0 SSD so PCIe 4.0 doesn't really matter (unless I'm missing smth?)

Any ideas? Happy to suggestions but probably leaning towards the fatality the most.

Rest of the build:

Spoiler

CPU: 3700X 

RAM: 2x8GB Crucial ballistix 3200MHz@CL16 (it managed to OC to 3400MHz@CL15 with my 1700 so... )

GPU: Sapphire Tri-X Fury with EK WB (see no reason to upgrade, still runs all 1080p games at settings I want, with the FPS I want) 

SSD: Adata SX8200 1TB & Crucial MX300 1TB 

Case: Proposing the CM NR200

PSU: Probably a Corsair SF750 or SF600 (either Gold or Plat)

Cooling: Dual 240mm with a Barrow SPB17-TM

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Be aware of BIOS versions on the B450 for 3xxx CPUs, but if you have a B350, you should have a CPU that'll allow a BIOS update on the B450. Probably worth reading up on any ASRock advice on BIOS versions.

~ Gaming since 1980 ~

PassMark | UserBench

Just now, camieabz said:

Be aware of BIOS versions on the B450 for 3xxx CPUs, but if you have a B350, you should have a CPU that'll allow a BIOS update on the B450. Probably worth reading up on any ASRock advice on BIOS versions.

Oh I know, haven't sold my 1700 just yet and will probs keep it around until I know the BIOS is new enough. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :)