Can I put a 6600K in this motherboard?

Ajido

ASUS PRIME B365M-A LGA-1151 Support 9th/8th Gen Intel Processor with Aura Sync RGB Header, DDR4 2666 MHz, M.2 Support, HDMI, SATA 6Gbps mATX Motherboard

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813119222?Item=N82E16813119222&Description=1151 m.2&cm_re=1151_m.2-_-13-119-222-_-Product

The title says "support 9th/8th gen processor", but the 6600K is older than that. It's the same socket though, is there any issue dropping that into this particular motherboard? I have a few hand me down parts and trying to put together a tower.

It's not the same socket. 6000 and 7000 series CPUs are 1151v1 and 8000 and 9000 are 1151v2. They are not compatible with each other.

*Note: with BIOS mods and other hacks it's technically possible but it's FAR more work than worth it.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

No, you can only put 8th and 9th-gen CPU's in it. It is physically the same 1151-pin socket but it's not electrically compatible because the pin-out is different. Real tricky engineering problem there Intel just couldn't solve, they sure didn't want to make people to switch boards to use new CPU's let me tell you, what a darned shame, so sorry. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

When shopping on Newegg, how do I go about ensuring the motherboard is compatible with this older CPU? Is there a certain chipset I should look out for or something?

11 minutes ago, Ajido said:

When shopping on Newegg, how do I go about ensuring the motherboard is compatible with this older CPU? Is there a certain chipset I should look out for or something?

Filter to Intel 100 and 200 series chipsets. If you want to get the most out of a 6600k though, there's really no point in getting anything less than a Z170 or Z270 board since the other chipsets can't overclock. 

Mostly what you're going to get on Newegg is highly overpriced new old stock boards from sketchy third party sellers because this stuff is now multiple generations old. You would be better off looking for a used board locally on eBay. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, Ajido said:

ASUS PRIME B365M-A LGA-1151 Support 9th/8th Gen Intel Processor with Aura Sync RGB Header, DDR4 2666 MHz, M.2 Support, HDMI, SATA 6Gbps mATX Motherboard

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813119222?Item=N82E16813119222&Description=1151 m.2&cm_re=1151_m.2-_-13-119-222-_-Product

The title says "support 9th/8th gen processor", but the 6600K is older than that. It's the same socket though, is there any issue dropping that into this particular motherboard? I have a few hand me down parts and trying to put together a tower.

The quickest way to answer questions like this is to go to the support section of a motherboard's web page. There is always a list of compatible cpu. If cpu require particular bios releases to run that data is included. If a cpu is not listed, it is not compatible.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

5 minutes ago, brob said:

The quickest way to answer questions like this is to go to the support section of a motherboard's web page. There is always a list of compatible cpu. If cpu require particular bios releases to run that data is included. If a cpu is not listed, it is not compatible.

This is a good tip. However, without having to go to the CPU compatibility list for every individual board he looks at, he can know as a general rule that any 100 or 200-series chipset motherboard should be able to accommodate the 6600k out of the box, although like I said only Z170 and Z270 will be able to overclock it. 300-series chipset boards are 1151v2 and won't work.