Cooling Improvement needed. Community advice would be supremely appreciated :)

S1NN3T

My Build specs are as follows....

Ryzen 5 1500x

Asus B350M-A Mobo

16GB Corsair Dominator

Zotac RTX 2080Ti AMP

Antec HCG 1000 and so on

NZXT H500i CASE !!

Cooling system is

CPU = Coolermaster H410r

CASE = 120mm x1 Rear / 120mm x1 Top / 120mm x2 Front.

After the recent upgrade to 2080Ti, things have become a bit toasty and wish to improve cooling.

How can I improve the cooling in my system ?

I was considering 

240mm Liquid AIO in front and better fans all around.

Please advise 🙂

20210126_031244.jpg

Heat OUT is good. Could you please let us know what your temperatures look after a bit of load?

Granted that that case's air intake is crap, so you might just need better front fans - i'd recommend a couple of 140mm fans, specifically Static Pressure ones so it has a chance to suck in some air...

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Just now, S1NN3T said:

My Build specs are as follows....

Ryzen 5 1500x

Asus B350M-A Mobo

16GB Corsair Dominator

Zotac RTX 2080Ti AMP

Antec HCG 1000 and so on

NZXT H500i CASE !!

Cooling system is

CPU = Coolermaster H410r

CASE = 120mm x1 Rear / 120mm x1 Top / 120mm x2 Front.

After the recent upgrade to 2080Ti, things have become a bit toasty and wish to improve cooling.

How can I improve the cooling in my system ?

I was considering 

240mm Liquid AIO in front and better fans all around.

Please advise 🙂

20210126_031244.jpg

noctua NH-C14s or a noctua NH-C14?? i would rather buy a dark rock 4, but the cooler doesn't fit in ur case :-3

or you wan't some AIO water cooling, get a Hydro Series H100i Pro

hey! i know to use a computer

Temprature wise.

whilst gaming (World of tanks) GPU is around 68-70, depending on ambience

cpu is around 64

2 hours ago, S1NN3T said:

Temprature wise.

cpu is around 64

World of warships is better!

As for temps both are well within reason. An easy way to see if air flow is an issue is to take off the side of your case and see where temps are during your gaming sessions.

If you see massive improvement then better front fans (high static pressure) will help a lot. If it is only a few C difference then there isn't much of a reason to change anything.

That GPU is massive. 

Impressive..

So your fans are set up as 2 intake 2 exhaust?

That 2080Ti looks like she's got the capability of excreting some serious TDP.

While waiting for a reply I will say the first thing I would do is take out the PCI slot covers and see if that helps. If not put them back in.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X

8 hours ago, S1NN3T said:

Temprature wise.

cpu is around 64

Those are still good temps. Do you know how much they did go up after GPU upgrade? Like CPU is 6C under what I would consider normal temp for generally heavy tasks (75C is thermal target for stock coolers). GPU is whole 10C lower than what I game with.

You are pretty much seeing the 1st gen Ryzen at its best, low temps with small coolers. The case might not have best front intake, but I assume you aren't really interested of changing case. And removing PSU shroud (improves GPU intake) isn't very nice idea either?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@AngryBeaverI removed the side glass panel, but made no difference. GPU temp increased by 1 degree Celsius. CPU I didn't notice much difference either. Kept jumping around.

@freeagent Yes front 2x are intake. Rear 1x and top 1x are exhaust.

@LogicalDrmI didn't record temps before GPU upgrade. So no clue on that part. I felt the warmth under the desk after the GPU upgrade.

My plan was to install ANTEC Kuhler K240 on the front with stock cooler fans that come pre bundled. Install better fans for exhaust. I figured if I removed the cpu cooler block from the case, I would get cooler Ambience inside the case for GPU. Also since any air coming inside via the radiator will be cooler than what my Coolermaster H410r is spewing inside the case, it would help. Any thoughts. I am trying not to spend too much atm. Since waiting for a good used 2nd or 3rd  gen Ryzen and a brand new B450 motherboard. Both gonna cost me good money. And GPU I got less than a month ago. 

17 minutes ago, S1NN3T said:

@AngryBeaverI removed the side glass panel, but made no difference. GPU temp increased by 1 degree Celsius. CPU I didn't notice much difference either. Kept jumping around.

@freeagent Yes front 2x are intake. Rear 1x and top 1x are exhaust.

@LogicalDrmI didn't record temps before GPU upgrade. So no clue on that part. I felt the warmth under the desk after the GPU upgrade.

My plan was to install ANTEC Kuhler K240 on the front with stock cooler fans that come pre bundled. Install better fans for exhaust. I figured if I removed the cpu cooler block from the case, I would get cooler Ambience inside the case for GPU. Also since any air coming inside via the radiator will be cooler than what my Coolermaster H410r is spewing inside the case, it would help. Any thoughts. I am trying not to spend too much atm. Since waiting for a good used 2nd or 3rd  gen Ryzen and a brand new B450 motherboard. Both gonna cost me good money. And GPU I got less than a month ago. 

I wouldn't worry about doing anything atm. Your cpu and gpu temps are fine.

If you didn't see a decrease from removing the side panel then your case is getting proper flow.

So depending on how much noise you can take the next step would be to just adjust your gpu fan profile to be a little more aggressive. The coolers on most of them are able to reduce temps a good bit at 100%, but as said all of your temps are perfectly ok.

4 hours ago, S1NN3T said:

Ah. So two things about that. First, your hand is really inaccurate way to measure temps. Normal human body temp is 35-37C, skin temp something between that and the room temp. Anything higher will feel hot. Two, the fact that you feel more hot air coming from PC doesn't always mean it's running hotter. It's sign that coolers are working more to transfer heat from components back to room.

You are fine without any upgrades in terms of performance.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Thank you all for your advice and time 🙂

Also please suggest decent 140mm and 120mm fans. preferably LED or RGB, just in case I get a good deal. the ones am using are NZXT and coolermaster mix and match.

Secondly I am worried about temps since the moment its winterish in Mumbai, India. that's where I am from. but come summer things are gonna get toasty AF up to 38 Celsius. So these figures wont hold at all in summer. I have air conditioning. but PC runs 24/7 and am not at home all day.

8 hours ago, S1NN3T said:

Secondly I am worried about temps since the moment its winterish in Mumbai, India. that's where I am from. but come summer things are gonna get toasty AF up to 38 Celsius. So these figures wont hold at all in summer. I have air conditioning. but PC runs 24/7 and am not at home all day.

You have plenty of room still. Maybe post again in summer when you can see yourself how temps change with room temp.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 1 month later...

Upgraded my system.

Ryzen 3500

ASRock B450 Steel Legend 

8GB x2 Gskill Trident Z RGB AMD specific 

Deepcool GT-ARGB etc 

Temps are down by a lot. Max temps ever recorded is 70 Celsius. Excellent case. 

20210309_232548.jpg