i just want tell my story

Fman105

like the title says

I just want to put what just happened to me somewhere that someone might appreciate how i feel right now....

so for those that just want the tldr

my roommate of 1.5 years sent two goons to beat me up and steal my computer as seen in photos

for those that want as much of the details as i can remember specs the what happened

in that is....or possibly by now was a

cpu   3950x

gpu   5700xt  

mobo  crosshair hero viii

ram  32 gigs of 3600 cl16 g.skill ripjaws

case   lian-li 0-11 Dynamic

psu   seasonic focus plus gold 850W

ups  coolermaster ....idont remember

but it did its job good and made my panic attacks every time the power went out stop

storage

nvme m.2

1 intel 660p 512 G  os drive

1 Intel 660p 2 T steame drive

lovable spinning rust

2 Seagate barracuda 8 T  for various archival reasons

cooling

fans 8 noctua F12 industrial PPC 2000

rads

1  corsair xr5 360

1  corsair xr5 240

the ek classic front distribution plate for 0-11 d  omg soooo nice

ek quantum velocity on cpu....also super nice in nickel+plexi

ek quantum vector  on gpu...nickel+plexi very nice helped brighten the basement

and an ek xtop revo d5 pump to help the one in the distro plate....it was struggling with the size and loop config

i hadn't gotten a pic with the extra pump

a hole pack of ltt store cable ties from ltx 19 i actually bought them too

im sure there was other bits n pieces but yea head trauma and all

so thats what was stolen i guess i should get to how

so a little backstory i live in bc Canada where i live pot is legal and i have severe chronic post traumatic stress disorder among other disabilities to wich i use pot to deal with

any way my now ex roommate was moving out 2 days ago now with 2 friends helping him.  i was mostly just trying to not get in there way. after a while i went out to smoke and smoke pot. when i went to go in after i see his two buddies

carrying out my computer and ups.

i went to put my pot stuff down in my room. i made it to just outside my bedroom door and closed it turned yelled the obligatory wtf do you think your doing as they were rushing up to me they said they could take more the easy way or the hard way i refused they started with a couple haymakers each and then both proceeded to punch like hockey players or something. realy fast and many hits to my head 30+ before I lost count. 

while they where punching me in the head i managed to drag them both almoast the full length of my house all the way outside.  i tried to stop them from closing the u-haul at this point but so many punches to the head they ended up driving away one just hanging onto the tailgate.

the cops have been called and charges are being pursued

if you made it this far thank you for reading this. if you understand how i feel thank you.....

it sure was an awsome computer tho an absolute joy to operate

and to quote George Carlin (i think)

be excellent to each other

Spoiler

20210126_135733.jpg

20210128_151951.jpg

20200803_031037.jpg

20210126_140644.jpg

20200811_154326.jpg

Edited by LogicalDrm
Fixed formatting

side note but this community actually helped me understand along with gn steve that a case is way more than just a steel box that the parts go in but a vital piece  of the puzzle so thank you very mutch

good luck on getting your stuff back, I've dealt with similar situations before and 100% understand where you're at. best of wishes for you man. 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

What lame fuck robs a custom desktop off of someone? Seems like a really tough gamble especially when one tries to sell it whole.

In any case, sorry for what you've experienced and I wish you good luck on your adventure of getting your shit back, hopefully.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 hours ago, PlayStation 2 said:

What lame fuck robs a custom desktop off of someone? Seems like a really tough gamble especially when one tries to sell it whole.

In any case, sorry for what you've experienced and I wish you good luck on your adventure of getting your shit back, hopefully.

the same lame f#$% wads that put said custom rig just plop in the back of a u-haul full of stuff with no packing or bracing for the gpu

anybody got odds of survival for 400km

........go on make me smile i need it

thank you all again for reading and your well wishes

4 hours ago, Fman105 said:

like the title says

I just want to put what just happened to me somewhere that someone might appreciate how i feel right now....

so for those that just want the tldr

my roommate of 1.5 years sent two goons to beat me up and steal my computer as seen in photos

for those that want as much of the details as i can remember specs the what happened

in that is....or possibly by now was a

cpu   3950x

gpu   5700xt  

mobo  crosshair hero viii

ram  32 gigs of 3600 cl16 g.skill ripjaws

case   lian-li 0-11 Dynamic

psu   seasonic focus plus gold 850W

ups  coolermaster ....idont remember

but it did its job good and made my panic attacks every time the power went out stop

storage

nvme m.2

1 intel 660p 512 G  os drive

1 Intel 660p 2 T steame drive

lovable spinning rust

2 Seagate barracuda 8 T  for various archival reasons

cooling

fans 8 noctua F12 industrial PPC 2000

rads

1  corsair xr5 360

1  corsair xr5 240

the ek classic front distribution plate for 0-11 d  omg soooo nice

ek quantum velocity on cpu....also super nice in nickel+plexi

ek quantum vector  on gpu...nickel+plexi very nice helped brighten the basement

and an ek xtop revo d5 pump to help the one in the distro plate....it was struggling with the size and loop config

i hadn't gotten a pic with the extra pump

a hole pack of ltt store cable ties from ltx 19 i actually bought them too

im sure there was other bits n pieces but yea head trauma and all

so thats what was stolen i guess i should get to how

so a little backstory i live in bc Canada where i live pot is legal and i have severe chronic post traumatic stress disorder among other disabilities to wich i use pot to deal with

any way my now ex roommate was moving out 2 days ago now with 2 friends helping him.  i was mostly just trying to not get in there way. after a while i went out to smoke and smoke pot. when i went to go in after i see his two buddies

carrying out my computer and ups.

i went to put my pot stuff down in my room. i made it to just outside my bedroom door and closed it turned yelled the obligatory wtf do you think your doing as they were rushing up to me they said they could take more the easy way or the hard way i refused they started with a couple haymakers each and then both proceeded to punch like hockey players or something. realy fast and many hits to my head 30+ before I lost count. 

while they where punching me in the head i managed to drag them both almoast the full length of my house all the way outside.  i tried to stop them from closing the u-haul at this point but so many punches to the head they ended up driving away one just hanging onto the tailgate.

the cops have been called and charges are being pursued

if you made it this far thank you for reading this. if you understand how i feel thank you.....

it sure was an awsome computer tho an absolute joy to operate

and to quote George Carlin (i think)

be excellent to each other

20210126_135733.jpg

20210128_151951.jpg

20200803_031037.jpg

20210126_140644.jpg

20200811_154326.jpg

I can't imagine anyone could do this to another person. I still can't wrap my head around it. Good luck, you have our love and support. Thank you for sharing. 🙂

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

@Fman105, I've edited your topic to be more bearable. Both in terms of formatting and adding spoiler for some of the pics. This forum isn't a place where one should share such images just like that after all.

As a comment I have two words. Authorities and insurance. We can't help you in any other way, and I can't see this in a "tale of being cautious" either. Conditions vary too much of that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@LogicalDrmthank you i was typing it on my phone and im admittedly horrible at words........i don't human much........ irl or otherwise

Thank you for sharing. Hope police take care of those *****. I too suffer from post-traumatic stress, but have been abl to deal with it and have been using weed for almost 10 years. But I have stopped because it didn't help anything. I would advice you to stop or avoid sativa strains all together and only using strains with high CBD amount if you continue to smoke on a regular basis. 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

2 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Thank you for sharing. Hope police take care of those *****. I too suffer from post-traumatic stress, but have been abl to deal with it and have been using weed for almost 10 years. But I have stopped because it didn't help anything. I would advice you to stop or avoid sativa strains all together and only using strains with high CBD amount. 

my life without what im told is a lot of heavy indica pot+cigarettes+video games gets very unbearable very quickly

• 10 months later...

sooo update cops told me to f#$% off

claiming some bs of "consensual fight" cuz apparently thats a thing in Canada when ppl try to kill you if you do anything at all in defense of self (according  to the cops i was just supposed to let them beat me to death )because theres no justice no peace just the illusion

for any wondering im now homeless crashing on a" friend's couch " although that probably has more to do with the housing bubble coupled with basically being unemployable but yea im not dead so im supposed to call it a win yay "gaming" on a 10ish y/o 660m