At what settings should i run MSFS 2020.

Average AMD Enjoyer

I do not want the fps to go below 40, and the game should look good too. Any reccomendations?

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 3800xt
  • Motherboard
    MSI gaming edge X570 wifi
  • RAM
    8*2 corsair vengeance lpx 3600 cl18
  • GPU
    ROG 5700xt
  • Case
    Cooler master MB511
  • Storage
    1TB WD black SN750
  • PSU
    650W Evga supernova 80+ gold
  • Display(s)
    Some LG monitor 26" 75 hz
  • Cooling
    Corsair H60, with 2 arctic f12s (push pull config) and 5 arctic f12s for case fans
  • Keyboard
    Razer Cynosa lite
  • Mouse
    Logitech M705
  • Sound
    JBL T450BT
  • Operating System
    Win10 Pro

Main pc: Ryzen 7 3800XT, ROG Radeon 5700XT, 16gb Corsair lpx 3600mhz, WD Black SN750 1tb

Backup laptop: i5-8400h, GTX 1050ti, 8gb 2333mhz, Seagate barracuda 5400 rpm 1tb

Average AMD enjoyer.

That's a decent config, but it's all last-gen hardware. Availability sucks right now, but if you wait a bit you might be able to snag a 5600x and a 6800. As for staying above 40fps, depends on your resolution and the games you play. 

EDIT: Just realized this might be the PC you actually have, as opposed to one you're planning to build. If that's the case, my bad for misreading, and just ignore everything I said :old-tongue:

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

*Bri’ish* but jokes aside that PC should be able to run high (custom) settings most that matters is internet connection tbh

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Just now, Kanna said:

*Bri’ish* but jokes aside that PC should be able to run high (custom) settings most that matters is internet connection tbh

Thanks, yeah im running on high (around 40 fps) but the game looks horrible, because my internet is weak. So you know why the graphics are grainy?

Main pc: Ryzen 7 3800XT, ROG Radeon 5700XT, 16gb Corsair lpx 3600mhz, WD Black SN750 1tb

Backup laptop: i5-8400h, GTX 1050ti, 8gb 2333mhz, Seagate barracuda 5400 rpm 1tb

Average AMD enjoyer.

* thread cleaned *

As per the Community Standards, trolling isn't allowed, if you're not interested in helping, then move on and don't reply.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

13 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

That's a decent config, but it's all last-gen hardware. Availability sucks right now, but if you wait a bit you might be able to snag a 5600x and a 6800. As for staying above 40fps, depends on your resolution and the games you play. 

EDIT: Just realized this might be the PC you actually have, as opposed to one you're planning to build. If that's the case, my bad for misreading, and just ignore everything I said :old-tongue:

Lmao, thanks for atleast giving good feedback or reccomedantions

Average AMD enjoyer.

i find digital foundry videos good for these kinda things

give it a watch

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

12 minutes ago, AMD fanboi gang said:

Thanks, yeah im running on high (around 40 fps) but the game looks horrible, because my internet is weak. So you know why the graphics are grainy?

What are your current settings? What kind of graphics is grainy if it’s the map then it’s your wifi most likely

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Just now, Kanna said:

What are your current settings? What kind of graphics is grainy if it’s the map then it’s your wifi most likely

All the settings are on high, the terrain looks bad because i havent switched on the bing maps thing because of my sucky internet. The terrain doesnt look grainy, just the clouds and the plane and buildings. 

Average AMD enjoyer.

6 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

i find digital foundry videos good for these kinda things

give it a watch

Thanks, ill give it a watch

Average AMD enjoyer.

5 hours ago, AMD fanboi gang said:

I do not want the fps to go below 40, and the game should look good too. Any reccomendations?

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 3800xt
  • Motherboard
    MSI gaming edge X570 wifi
  • RAM
    8*2 corsair vengeance lpx 3600 cl18
  • GPU
    ROG 5700xt
  • Case
    Cooler master MB511
  • Storage
    1TB WD black SN750
  • PSU
    650W Evga supernova 80+ gold
  • Display(s)
    Some LG monitor 26" 75 hz
  • Cooling
    Corsair H60, with 2 arctic f12s (push pull config) and 5 arctic f12s for case fans
  • Keyboard
    Razer Cynosa lite
  • Mouse
    Logitech M705
  • Sound
    JBL T450BT
  • Operating System
    Win10 Pro

With your monitor you aren't going to see anything past 75 fps anyway, are you?

You seem to be suggesting you won't get up near that anyway, and with a game like FS 2020 it's not as important that you have high fps...is it?

If you can get a stable 45-50 that doesn't dip/fluctuate constantly then I'd imagine you will have a nice image based on your components.

I'm actually downloading FS as I type...what are you first impressions?

On 1/28/2021 at 2:32 PM, Maury Sells Wigs said:

With your monitor you aren't going to see anything past 75 fps anyway, are you?

You seem to be suggesting you won't get up near that anyway, and with a game like FS 2020 it's not as important that you have high fps...is it?

If you can get a stable 45-50 that doesn't dip/fluctuate constantly then I'd imagine you will have a nice image based on your components.

I'm actually downloading FS as I type...what are you first impressions?

It looks pretty trash at first, make sure you turn on satalite imagery in the data settings. It will be very grainy until they shift to dx12

Average AMD enjoyer.