Tech-Friendly Backpack Round Up

LinusTech

Hey Guys,

Need to see at least a couple hundred "yes" votes if I'm going to put the effort into this to make it worth doing.

Also need anyone who votes yes to submit a bag they want to see reviewed. I'll probably only pick the most popular 3-5 though...

Linus

Sure, seems like a cool idea.

I had a backpack in school that had like 1234123412341234 compartments, I'll see if I can find the model.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

sure, why not?

"I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, I've been over the edge for yonks..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

no need, any backpack i own has a laptop slot, and i can keep them for 3-5 years.

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

@LinusTech I can't find the one I had back in school, it was like this:

It had literally 12394124 pockets, and a zipper compartment just for a laptop, with tons of padding around the laptop.

It was extremely adjustable too.

"OGIO" is the brand

1375296871_2.jpg

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Geographic!

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

@LinusTech What do you mean by Geography? 

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I like the new spigen bags. They seem to have a ton of tech supporting compartments.

i recently did a tech backpack and just need one more thing to make it fully complete.. more than happy to share teh items i included if ppl want

First time I've heard the term, tech friendly backpack.  Am I safe to assume it has more features then a just laptop pocket?  So why not?

Case: Corsair 600t, CPU: Intel I7 960, Mobo: ASUS P6X58D-E, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6GB, GPU: ASUS GTX560 DCII OC, PSU: Corsair TX 750, Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Logitech G110, Mouse: Logitech m185

I am looking forward to this!

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

things in my tech bag...

[edit] forgot to mention this is all in a Everki 16in Flight Backpack [/edit]

1 - batteries

2 - phone charger cable

3 - USB -> LAN

4 - USB -> sound

5 - Pen

6 - Pointing device (mouse/trackball)

7 - USB extension

8 - 5m Cat5e cable

9 - USB SD card reader

10 - toolkit

11 - 3.5mm -> 3.5mm audio cable

12 - USB -> SATA/IDE adaptor

13 - DVI -> VGA adaptor

14 - USB drive sticks

15 - OS/Drivers cd's

16 - PS2 -> USB adaptor

17 - 240v power splitter

18 - torch

19 - USB car charger

20 - velcro straps

21 - USB speakers

22 - laptop charger

23 - laptop

24 - gamepad (for those times when ya need to close off the outside world cause of the idiots out there  :P

items on wishlist  to complete tech bag

1 - headphones

2 - mechanical keyboard (looking at the ducky shine 3 TKL or CM quickfire stealth TKL)

3 - Zalman 2.5" USB 3.0 ZM-VE300B External SATA HDD Case (to replace CD folder)

4 - Hotway ProBox 7800mAh Power Bank

sorry for the shitty phone pic.. got nothing better

linustechbag.jpg

IMO, I don't think there's a need for this. Backpacks need to have the laptop compartment, enough space/pockets for the accessories and to have the necessary durability to carry around 5 kgs of stuff and still last 4/5 years... And - again, IMO - anyone with 2 grs for a brain can figure this out while they're shopping for it.

Tech, on the other hand, relies on benchmarking, comparison and compatibility tests, etc etc, which can not be easily performed by the common user prior to a purchase.

Having said this, however, having these quasi-tech topics once and a while is perfect - like the ones where you show what you and Slick carry on themselves all the time -, as long as it doesn't harm the regularity of the tech reviews.

I myself have an orange Swiss Travel Products "City Navigator" backpack for 5 years now which I used non-stop for 3 years directly after purchase and is still my only laptop backpack. I chose it as an excellent value backpack and it's still going strong to this day.

I must say, at the time of purchase I didn't feel the need to go looking for reviews to buy a backpack, but then again I'm not a professional tech. (EDIT: ... nor do I do any sort of travelling with my tech other than going to work (bike every day for 3 years) or going back to my country for holidays (by plane twice a year)....)

EDIT2: Plus, the choice is so vast that it I think it would be quite impossible to have a fair review of this topic. I mean, in tech you have AMD vs NVidia, AMD vs Intel, Corsair vs CM vs NZXT vs Steelseries vs a handfull of other ones, and you know that anything that comes out in these categories will either be a good product from these brands or a sporadic good product from some other brand. In bags, on the other hand, there is just a VAST amount of good products and brands out there. i mean, who ever heard of "Swiss Travel Products"? I, personally, had never heard of Everki, for example (as per the post before mine...)

I guess what I'm trying to say (and ultimately rambling about) is: unless there is an EXCEPTIONALLY good product that really stands out a good deal from the rest, either by innovation or just sheer quality, I personally wouldn't tune in for this topic alone.

I still swear by my Everki Titan, following your recommendation in a video a while back. But sure, round-ups are cool.

Desktop: CPU: i7 3770k OC: 4.0 GHZ | CPUCooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCU2 | Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 gig, 1600 mhz | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: Corsair Force 3 120 gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Periphirals: Keyboard: Logitech g710+ | Mice: Desktop: Razer Imperator Battlefield 3 Edition. Laptop: Razer Deathadder 3.5g edition | Mousepads: Desktop: Razer Goliathus Control Extended edition Laptop: Razer Goliathus Control edition | Sound stuff: Bose Companion 2 speakers (Free yay), Beyerdynamic DT-770 250 Ohm.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge e540: CPU: i7 4702mq | GPU: Nvidia Geforce gt740 | RAM: 8 gig of some brand | Storage: 1 TB of some brand 5400 rpm | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

@LinusTech I can't find the one I had back in school, it was like this:

It had literally 12394124 pockets, and a zipper compartment just for a laptop, with tons of padding around the laptop.

It was extremely adjustable too.

"OGIO" is the brand

1375296871_2.jpg

Ogio gambit 17 is pretty sweet, I am currently using it and it has a decent amount of compartments

Ogio gambit 17 is pretty sweet, I am currently using it and it has a decent amount of compartments

I can't remember the model I had in like.. 9 th grade (like 7 years ago) but it was really nice, and had lots of compartments for nic-nack type things.