Too Many Eggs

EthanMcL

Ahem.

Do you want to build a snowball fallacy on a slippery slope?

What I mean is if someone is willing to make a poor choice on one meal, then there's likelihood with the other meals as well. 36 grams is more than half for the average person (male), so your daily fat intake is half way consumed with only one meal.

I'd argue one's ability to make proper food choices if they're having 6 eggs at once. That's where making poor choices on the next meals comes into play.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

So I like eggs. Mhmmm  :wub:

I know it is bad/unhealthy to eat a lot of one thing, but is too many eggs bad for my health?  I am thinking in terms of cholesterol mostly.

In my case, 6 scrambled eggs at once. ;D (Scrambled eggs never seem to satisfy you!)

As long as you don't eat 6 eggs 10 times a day. It should be alright. Maybe eat some fruit or toast, to help fill yourself up?

What I mean is if someone is willing to make a poor choice on one meal, then there's likelihood with the other meals as well. 36 grams is more than half for the average person (male), so your daily fat intake is half way consumed with only one meal.

I'd argue one's ability to make properly food choices if they're having 6 eggs at once. That's where making poor choices on the next meals comes into play.

For one, eggs are really healthy so 6 eggs aren't really that big of a deal.

I was referring to you making a slippery slope fallacy of you didn't get that.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

For one, eggs are really healthy so 6 eggs aren't really that big of a deal.

I was referring to you making a slippery slope fallacy of you didn't get that.

Annd we're right back to where we started, so it's useless to go any further.  Yes eggs are healthy (I have a whole one every morning like I said) but there's a limit and 6 at once is exceeding that limit.

Do you have anything else with your 6 eggs? I'm arguing for your well being dude.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Regarding fat, you should rather be cautious with pork in general, especially bacon.

I recently had an experiment about measuring the cholesterol amount in a yolk, at university. it was great fun working with food in the lab. :D Don't ask me about how much was in there, I don't remember. xD

who cares...

eating to much of anything is bad, just have variation in your diet and you will be fine.

Annd we're right back to where we started, so it's useless to go any further. Yes eggs are healthy (I have a whole one every morning like I said) but there's a limit and 6 at once is exceeding that limit.

Do you have anything else with your 6 eggs? I'm arguing for your well being dude.

Often lots of broccoli. Where'd you get the info that 6 eggs exceeds the limit? The only ones I've read and have been told so far has all be rumors and the experiments conducted had resulted in no negative effects from eating eggs daily.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Often lots of broccoli. Where'd you get the info that 6 eggs exceeds the limit? The only ones I've read and have been told so far has all be rumors and the experiments conducted had resulted in no negative effects from eating eggs daily.

I'd use my argument that 36g of fat is way too much in one sitting and you've still got other meals to consume with half of your fat intake consumed already bla bla bla...

When I read the title it reminded me that I spent a lot of my time last week, breeding and wonder trading porygon.

I'd use my argument that 36g of fat is way too much in one sitting and you've still got other meals to consume with half of your fat intake consumed already bla bla bla...

36g is closer to (or even less than depending on the person) 1/3 than 1/2 of an average person's recommended daily intake of fat.. it's not that much.

For some comparison, an 8oz grilled Chuck eye steak has 60g of fat.

36g is closer to (or even less than depending on the person) 1/3 than 1/2 of an average person's recommended daily intake of fat.. it's not that much.

For some comparison, an 8oz grilled Chuck eye steak has 60g of fat.

We're going over the same things again. Best to just leave it as it is. I will stick to my one whole egg a day and you can stick to your 6 whole eggs in one sitting. ;P

If you are really concerned about it you could eat six eggs but only include a couple of the yolks...

...It wouldn't really concern me though, if you are exercising enough it shouldn't be a problem in fact quite the opposite if protein is what you are after.

I kind of despise the smell of raw hardboiled eggs and heres a funny story-

So our school decides to take us to a village and there, I'm enlisted in cooking and serving. It would be a simple task, or so I thought.

Our first task was chopping around 20 onions [5 of us]. Allright, not that bad...

Our second task- peeling 500 hardboiled eggs in a span of 45 minutes.

Worst day ever. My hands were smelling of raw eggs and around half hour into it, the eggs became cooler so the skin begun to stick to the egg and the egg would disintegrate in my hand, leaving quite the smell. By the end of it, I spent around 15 minutes getting the smell off my fingers, but then I remembered there was the 'serving' aspect to it too.

As I made my way back to the cooking area, I was promptly handed a bucket full of smelly eggs [which the kids would bully eachother into eating] and thats where my face looked like this-  :mellow:

@MegaDave91 Just to clear things up, I only had 6 eggs last night because I didn't have breakfast or lunch. :)  So no, I did not over due my fat limit!

I think the benefits from the eggs outweigh the cholesterol and fats(about 5G) found in the yolk.  Too much Cholesterol can eventually catch up with you later in life, but the saturated fats in other breakfast foods like bacon will catch up a lot faster lol. 

Actually eggs contain good cholestrol contrary to popular belief.

So eat away.

Also removing the yolk is pointless, the nutrients are in there mostly.

So eat away.

That's were the saturated fats are though and that's what causes bad cholesterol build up in your body... Still it's not enough to be a major concern imo.

So eat away.

I wouldn't say it's completely useless. There's a reason why bodybuilders remove the yolk and eat a shit tonne of egg whites. 

Those who aren't on a professional level and do it as a hobby probably aren't as anal and keep one whole egg and a bunch of egg whites.