Too Many Eggs

EthanMcL

So I like eggs. Mhmmm  :wub:

I know it is bad/unhealthy to eat a lot of one thing, but is too many eggs bad for my health?  I am thinking in terms of cholesterol mostly.

In my case, 6 scrambled eggs at once. ;D (Scrambled eggs never seem to satisfy you!)

I've been eating eggs for breakfast all week and I was wondering the same thing... I might just start removing the yolk.

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

As long as you eat other things, no you should be fine. They are very good for you and have lots of protein.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

In my case, 6 scrambled eggs at once. ;D (Scrambled eggs never seem to satisfy you!)

Scrambled eggs taste great but just aren't filling. I generally have one or two scrambled eggs with toast or pancakes. Doesn't answer your question in any way shape or form, just adding on :P

I think a lot of anything is bad for your health. But yes eggs are awesome. My mum tells me no more than 3 a day. :/

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

I love omelets. Heavely goodness. Eggs are never filling but thats the beauty of it. 

Pssh. Scrambled eggs? How about boiled? That way, you can separate the yellow and eat it first, and save the best for last

Eggs are very healthy. I've never heard or read of any one who's had any health problems due to eating too many eggs. I eat 6 or so scrambled eggs every now and then. 

http://authoritynutrition.com/how-many-eggs-should-you-eat/

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I've been eating eggs for breakfast all week and I was wondering the same thing... I might just start removing the yolk.

ONE egg (with the yolk) is fine per day, everyday. I wouldn't have more than one (yolk included) per day. The yolk contains a lot of cholesterol which is bad if you consume to much at once, but on the other hand it also has a lot of nutrients as well, so I wouldn't have more than one per day. The yolk also contains all the fat, so another reason not to go overboard with whole eggs.

Egg whites are fine and you can have as much of that as you want. I have a whole egg in the morning as part of my breakfast and If I want protein during the day I'll use my carton of egg whites.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

OP, 6 eggs has about 36g of fat, so that alone is reason to not have 6 eggs at once.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

@Raining_Pixel

I am still alive, albeit my stomach was setup upset most of the night ;)

New plan: Don't have 6 eggs.  Nope.

I egg six eggs most eggs and I'm fine, I usually egg them scrambled or an omelette with a bit of olive oil, so probably not the best way of egging them.

I think you are egg as long as you eggcerise regularly. 

OP, 6 eggs has about 36g of fat, so that alone is reason to not have 6 eggs at once.

that ends up being only a few grams of saturated fats, unsaturated fats are fine (as long as they are not eaten with sugar).

Variety is key..,yeah, eggs bacon and sweet chilli is fucking great. I spose as long as you eat fruit and veg as well, should be fine

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

This is one of those things that appears in the papers often, egg's healthy one week egg's unhealthy the next, in reality everything in moderation. Also im suprised no one's mentioned the fact alot of egg's will make you constipated.

I love eggs too, I eat tons of them :3

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

What about egg salad. I opened up the fridge yesterday and found that someone made some... I think I'm having egg salad for breakfast.

Windows 8.1 isn't that bad

I don't think high end audio cards are worth it. I find I get cleaner audio with an external DAC.

I'm not having egg salad for breakfast. Someone else finished it already.  :(

Windows 8.1 isn't that bad

I don't think high end audio cards are worth it. I find I get cleaner audio with an external DAC.

Eggs are pretty high in cholesterol but as long as you don't have cholesterol problems then you should be fine. Other than that eggs are very healthy, they are high in protein and the yolk in high in iron. 

That's not that much. That's less than ~1/3-1/2 of the amount of fat intake you should have per day. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

that ends up being only a few grams of saturated fats, unsaturated fats are fine (as long as they are not eaten with sugar).

That's still to much fat in one sitting though... good or bad fats.

That's not that much. That's less than ~1/3-1/2 of the amount of fat intake you should have per day.

Absolutely, but who's to say the person won't go overboard on the fat with their next meal too, and next one etc...

Absolutely, but who's to say the person won't go overboard on the fat with their next meal too, and next one etc...

Ahem.

Do you want to build a snowball fallacy on a slippery slope?