Is it safe to keep the PSU GPU connector like this?

andrew37373828

So I replaced my gpu a while ago and cable is kept like this because I managed it with a zip tie a while back. It's been running like this for a few weeks. Is it okay or should I rearrange it?

I know I'm probably paranoid but I have anxiety issues and yeah.

20210124_132249.jpg

You have a 6 pin connector on your videocard, so you plugged in the 6 pin part and left the 2 pin hanging there? That's fine.

if that is not the case, please take off the sidepanel of the case and take the picture again, because it's pretty hard to see what's going on.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It shouldn't do any problem, mine is like this too since 2 years and I have no problems. But we never know so be careful, try your best to put it "flat"

1 minute ago, TheFrenchPlayer said:

It shouldn't do any problem, mine is like this too since 2 years and I have no problems. But we never know so be careful, try your best to put it "flat"

thing is this graphics card is temporary until I get my hands on a 2000/3000 series (in the sense that I returned my 5600xt and I have a friend's GTX 1070 in there until I get myself a new card) and this won't be for more than a month. 

4 minutes ago, minibois said:

You have a 6 pin connector on your videocard, so you plugged in the 6 pin part and left the 2 pin hanging there? That's fine.

if that is not the case, please take off the sidepanel of the case and take the picture again, because it's pretty hard to see what's going on.

no, what I mean is that the cable is slightly bent to 80-90 degrees.

2 minutes ago, andrew37373828 said:

if there is no excessive force on the cable it's fine.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 hours ago, andrew37373828 said:

If it is working now and you're not bending it backwards and forwards all the time it should be just fine.

You can end up pulling a pin out of the connector if you are rough enough, but you would probably notice that while plugging it in.
I've seen cables bent even more than this work without any issues for years.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II