Corsair rgb controller in usb 3 header

OwayBaway

ok so hear me out. i wouldnt usually waste a usb header, but i am using the only usb header on my motherboard for you know... usb ports...

but i want to add corsair rgb to it and dont have any more headers, i found a rando usb header pcie card that only has usb 3.0, will it still work?

Just now, OwayBaway said:

ok so hear me out. i wouldnt usually waste a usb header, but i am using the only usb header on my motherboard for you know... usb ports...

but i want to add corsair rgb to it and dont have any more headers, i found a rando usb header pcie card that only has usb 3.0, will it still work?

https://www.newegg.com/p/17Z-00VN-00076?Description=pcie usb header&cm_re=pcie_usb header-_-9SIAKFDBZ75155-_-Product link to the card, am I being an idiot and picked a card that doesnt work for what im doing?

Personally for my rig I've used the NZXT usb hub

Internal USB Hub | NZXT

I have my corsair commander pro and 2 lightning node cores running through that without issue.   they also have a newer model but I had this laying around

Internal USB Hub (Gen 3) | NZXT

AMD Ryzen 9 5900x | Gigabyte Aorus Master x570s | Corsair Dominator Platinum (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 | GeForce RTX 3080 VISION OC 10G | Lian iO1Dyamic | EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1000W | Acer Predator X34 P | Acer XB271HU | NZXT Kraken Z73

11 hours ago, OwayBaway said:

if you can find an internal usb 2.0 to usb 3.0 it should work.

unless you have a node then you can use a stander usb cable. mini or micro dont no witch

the card would work too just need to be internal thow

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links