Fan Curve - RTX 3080 EVGA FTW3 Ultra

BerkayErtugrul

Please find attached my fan curve for the 3080. I was wondering if I'm doing this right. I want the card to be quiet in normal operations and loud while gaming (I use headphones).

1- Would the sudden ramp-up in fan speed damage the card's fans? Should it be incremental? If so, any advice? Because I don't like it when the card constantly slows down and ramps up. Hearing a still and steady sound is much less annoying than hearing the sound of going faster and slower.

2- Should it be a stair option as opposed to this one? I.e. should it go directly from 25% to 80% speed without the 10 degree curve I made here?

Any opinion or insight is appreciated. Any recommended fan curve is also appreciated for my needs. Thank you. I want my fans to last long, be quiet during idle operation, and be loud but steady while gaming.

Thank you.

image.thumb.png.a4523dc5b54c6815fb1a3132bcd524d9.png

6 minutes ago, BerkayErtugrul said:

Would the sudden ramp-up in fan speed damage the card's fans?

No

7 minutes ago, BerkayErtugrul said:

Should it be incremental?

Not really. Its just that some people like the slower ramp up like me.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

I mean constantly having it ramp up and down if nothing else is annoying. I have my card (RX 480) with a curved step config.

Your fan curve is quite aggressive, your fans will die earlier if you run them nearer to capacity for longer.

20201210_201707.thumb.jpg.e87cc92ab11a390303759a042ada77b0.jpg

all those small dots are completely unnecessary in my opinion because it'll just make the fans ramp up more or less randomly, and the software also doesn't adhere exactly to the values.

And in my experience with Afterburner it's much better to start at the lowest possible value instead at "40"...  which held true for precision software as well. 

Also the 1070 FTW2 fans were incredibly loud, on par or worse than msi armor... the cooling was good, sound design / noise a clear 0/10... 

Basically can't hear my gigabyte vision at all at same fan speeds. 🤷🏼

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer