Least popular cherry switch.

Gert

I was thinking about keyboards and I came to the conclusion that cherry mx black are the least popular in the main four (Black, Blue, Brown, Red). Do you agree or not?

U FOKEN WUT M8 ILL REK U M8 ILL BEAT UR ASS ACROSS THE PLANET ANS THEN SELL YOU TO THE MAFIA WHERE THEY WILL MAKE YOU THIER BITCH U FGT

Is this based on numbers or opinions? Blacks on opinion or green on sales numbers(much less are produced).

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

I love greens, wish I had a keyboard with them for myself :( Umm probably blacks for the main 4 though, yea

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

green?

Greens are awesome. Clears on least popular

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

green?

Yes but green are not on the list.

U FOKEN WUT M8 ILL REK U M8 ILL BEAT UR ASS ACROSS THE PLANET ANS THEN SELL YOU TO THE MAFIA WHERE THEY WILL MAKE YOU THIER BITCH U FGT

MX Greens probably

But out of your list, yes blacks are the least common

I love greens, wish I had a keyboard with them for myself :( Umm probably blacks for the main 4 though, yea

CM Storm has some

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

green?

Yes, but green are not on the list I posted.

I would say blacks. I hate the linear switches

MX Pink?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I'd say green or Blacks.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Clears, finding a MX Clear is literally impossible without paying an extravagant amount on a keyboard.

Out of those for I'd say that Reds are less popular than blacks.

MX Pink?

Can you even get a MX Pink keyboard.

Least popular by people hating on them: Reds, followed by Blacks.

Least popular by availability: Clears, followed by Greens.

Can you even get a MX Pink keyboard.

Nope, cause they don't exist. Thus making them the least popular.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Clears, finding a MX Clear is literally impossible without paying an extravagant amount on a keyboard.

Out of those for I'd say that Reds are less popular than blacks.

Ha, thank transcendent entity then, there's a few in Finland and for a completely normal price.

http://www.jimms.fi/tuote/DK9087G2PRO-WDEPTA-BUNDLE, for example.

My friend has a shine II with clears, and for a normal price.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I'm from the US obviously, so on newegg, their prices are quite exorbitant compared to that

I do see that ya texan, had to tease bc we finally have something over you in terms of tech :P

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I do see that ya texan, had to tease bc we finally have something over you in terms of tech :P

at least we have offices from

Snapdragon

AMD

Intel

Nvidia

Samsung

and Google all right here in Austin

soo. You still don't have much on us ;)

For gamers Blacks now because everyone is enamored with super light switches for no reason.

Is this based on numbers or opinions? Blacks on opinion or green on sales numbers(much less are produced).

Blacks and Blues probably have the most produced if you looking outside gaming boards.

Greens are awesome. Clears on least popular

I think the keyboard enthusiast community would disagree with you and so would a vast number of POS boards.

Given the choice of the four switch types, and this is just my opinion, I'd say Black is the least popular among them. Red is sold on many keyboards, you can't avoid it, and needless to say Blue and Brown are very popular among those taking the mechanical keyboard route. That leaves Black, yes, Steel Series has one, Ducky has Blacks as well......but many major peripheral makers don't bother with Black. Logitech doesn't have a Black, neither does *ugh* Razer, Cooler Master has some models with Blacks, but not all. Red, Blue and Brown Keyboards are made by just about every keyboard maker.

Funny thing is, I actually prefer these heavier/stiffer switch types like Black, Clear, Green and White.....they feel so much better for typing and gaming.....to me anyway. 

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2