Can you have one CPU output and one GPU output?

JohanKjeldahl7

Do I post this into the Display forum? I don't know...

Anyways: I have a dual monitor setup with a GTX 1060 and an i7-8700 (non k) as my hardware. Right now I have both Outputs from my GPU. Could I technically get one output from my motherboard for my secondary monitor to watch YouTube/Netflix etc. and one Output from my GPU for my main monitor to play games? I think this would decrease my GPU load and maybe give me 5 extra fps on my main monitor...

So my questions: Would this work? Would I still be able to move my mouse from one monitor to the other? And would it actually be useful/beneficial?

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

You can, but it will probably lead to lower performance, not higher. Try it. You might need to go in the BIOS to change a setting so that the internal GPU doesn't get disabled when a discrete one is detected.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

i am pretty sure that it would all work (as long as your CPU has integrated graphics). It would take some strain off of your GPU. i have 3 monitors connected to my monitor and if my CPU had integrated i would use it. with the mouse situation, i would just test it as moving one cable up would destroy or mess up any of type hardware so just test it but you would gain small amount of fps.

Just now, Opxxy said:

Lmao no, either you use the output from the GPU or you remove your GPU and use one output from the motherboard. You can't use one from the GPU and motherboard.

This is simply wrong. You can indeed run multiple graphics cards (be that iGPU or discreet) and have simultaneous output from all of them.

Most machines with iGPU have a BIOS setting to keep the iGPU enabled even when there is a discreet card present.

As for wether you'll get any benefit from it, i would think its unlikely, but you can give it a try and see, given its only a quick setting change.

9 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

You can, but it will probably lead to lower performance, not higher. Try it. You might need to go in the BIOS to change a setting so that the internal GPU doesn't get disabled when a discrete one is detected.

4 minutes ago, Aragorn- said:

This is simply wrong. You can indeed run multiple graphics cards (be that iGPU or discreet) and have simultaneous output from all of them.

Most machines with iGPU have a BIOS setting to keep the iGPU enabled even when there is a discreet card present.

As for wether you'll get any benefit from it, i would think its unlikely, but you can give it a try and see, given its only a quick setting change.

8 minutes ago, Harlon said:

i am pretty sure that it would all work (as long as your CPU has integrated graphics). It would take some strain off of your GPU. i have 3 monitors connected to my monitor and if my CPU had integrated i would use it. with the mouse situation, i would just test it as moving one cable up would destroy or mess up any of type hardware so just test it but you would gain small amount of fps.

Thank you very much guys! I will just try it out in a few hours when I am back home and see what the bios think about me trying.

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

18 minutes ago, Opxxy said:

you don't have to place tactical . on this forum

you can just use the big follow button at the top right of the thread

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

1 minute ago, flashiling said:

See the post after that with the quote, they actually said BS and then deleted it, wasn't a "subscribe post". 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

See the post after that with the quote, they actually said BS and then deleted it, wasn't a "subscribe post". 

oh, my bad, lemme just edit my message to a . too/s

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

4 hours ago, flashiling said:

Yeah I wrote something that was totally inaccurate and I only know how to edit messages sorry about that