Change my router? Only fail when torrenting

MilkSomelier

HI ! So my internet speed peaks at 600mb/s and is really good in steam and other launchers . When i start a download in qbittorrent it goes great but at intervals of 3/5 minutes im loosing the conection for about 10/30 s . 

Im theoricing about the numer of ports that torrent needs and maybe my router cant support because is from my internet provider . Dont really know if with etherned will be beneficial buying a new one 

PD : just a spanish boi , im non native so sorry . kisses if needed i can provide more info !! 

My provider-supplied box also crashes in the same scenario and others that open many connections. I already have a high end router that works fine so yes I replaced their box with one that has bridge mode so I can just have it feed my router directly.

You might be able to get by if you change BT settings to open fewer connections.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

43 minutes ago, MilkSomelier said:

internet speed peaks at 600mb/s

Download speeds dont matter here. Its the upload you need to worry about. If your saturating your upload 100% it WILL kill your connection. You need to figure out how much upload you have and limit the amount your torrenting uses. Also lower end networking equipment might not be able to handle the amount of connections. But Id first go in to your torrenting software and try to limit the upload its using and see what happens. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

My provider-supplied box also crashes in the same scenario and others that open many connections. I already have a high end router that works fine so yes I replaced their box with one that has bridge mode so I can just have it feed my router directly.

You might be able to get by if you change BT settings to open fewer connections.

Thanks alot , i was worried that im the only with this issue . Do you recomend any in particular??

38 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Download speeds dont matter here. Its the upload you need to worry about. If your saturating your upload 100% it WILL kill your connection. You need to figure out how much upload you have and limit the amount your torrenting uses. Also lower end networking equipment might not be able to handle the amount of connections. But Id first go in to your torrenting software and try to limit the upload its using and see what happens. 

Sorry for not saying it the first time , my internet is 600/600 and via speed test it works fine . The isue is not the download speeds while torrenting but the crashes that triggers

1 hour ago, MilkSomelier said:

Sorry for not saying it the first time , my internet is 600/600 and via speed test it works fine . The isue is not the download speeds while torrenting but the crashes that triggers

Your overloading your router most likely. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 1/18/2021 at 4:34 PM, Donut417 said:

Your overloading your router most likely. 

since yesterday i starded searching a new one , but i think i need a conversion for fiber optic to ethernet and i have serius doubts of what router is better for my case ( only heavy use with ethernet )