Paranoid question for a rookie builder (Air Can)

BunnyKraken

Hi,

This might sound neurotic/paranoid and overall stupid question but I have to ask because I don't know. So I built my PC with some issues, got it powered on and into bios. 

When I turned it off I realized, I powered it up on a old wool carpet, and with the bottom fan on. I hope this isn't an issue, just some dust/microfibers might have gotten inside ?

So I used a can of air, and sprayed it underneath at the PSU fan, BUT the canister was upside down and it sprayed some white air (aerosol probably) into the PSU. So my questions are

1.Was it harmful to use the air canister upside down(it said behind the can not to use upside down) and spray it into the PSU. And should I leave it turned off now for some time, can the aerosol be harmful for the components inside the PSU, and could it harm it ?

2.I guess powering the PC on the wool carpet just gathered dust, and nothing more inside the case ?

2_77850-680x1104.jpeg

2 minutes ago, BunnyKraken said:

Was it harmful to use the air canister upside down

Yes, don't do that again. Also, don't shake the can

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Basically you can compare it to spraying liquid nitrogen on your components so let it rets for a day or 2 and don't do it again. If it wasn't on and unplugged no harm should have been done.

These cans are filled with refrigerant. Refrigerants tend to have an extremely low boiling point, so once the liquid gets out, it should evaporate almost instantly. That said, I would exercise caution and leave it unplugged for a day or two.

In the future, spray it upright and in bursts.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

7 minutes ago, BunnyKraken said:

.Was it harmful to use the air canister upside down

There is a liquid inside which is a gas at usual air pressure but it is compressed in the can.
If a liquid becomes a gas, energy is used, so it becomes cold. So if you put the liquid on PC parts and it becomes gas there, the PC parts become really cold and that might harm something.

My build:

CPU

Intel Core i7 9700 8x 3.00GHz So.1151

CPU cooler

be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim

Motherboard

MSI B360-A PRO Intel B360 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX

RAM

16GB (4x 4096MB) HyperX FURY black DDR4-2666

GPU

8GB Gigabyte GeForce RTX2070 WindForce 2X 3xDP/HDMI

SSD

500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 2280

HDD

4000GB WD Red WD40EFRX Intellipower 64MB 3.5" (8.9cm) SATA 6Gb/s

Power Supply

bequiet! Straight Power 750W Platinum

Case

Fractal Design Define R6
3x bequiet! Silent Wings 3 PWM

It's fine it won't hurt your computer. It evaporates almost immediately. You don't have to leave it for a day or two. It's usually just C02.

5 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

These cans are filled with refrigerant. Refrigerants tend to have an extremely low boiling point, so once the liquid gets out, it should evaporate almost instantly. That said, I would exercise caution and leave it unplugged for a day or two.

In the future, spray it upright and in bursts.

Thanks, to all for the answers. Didn't know it could be this harmful.

Im not sure how much actually went in to the PSU. I realized immediately after one burst that it's not suppose to be used upside down, because of the white spray.

The computer was turned off about 5minutes prior to this, and now I haven't turned it on in 6hours, so I will not ruin anything :( 

So would it be okey now to turn it back on and install windows, or wait the recommended 1-2 days.

Out of curiosity what could happen, and can something still happen later on when the PSU gets warm in the next weeks?