what is worse for the environment? consumerism or using older stuff...

Ashleyyyy
15 minutes ago, Blade of Grass said:

“The West” is a pretty well understood term in political science. It generally refers to what we’d say are the developed English speaking world + it’s close allies. Think AUS, Canada, UK, US, NZ, EU members. 

Yeah, that is what I think of it basically, really.

But I have seen quite a bit of US people thinking of it as Only US/Canada.

And I have heard some Europeans count for example Lithuania as in the west while other dont.

Even if something have a definition doesn't mean everyone think like that definition. 

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

1 hour ago, Sakuriru said:

The idea that the duty should solely lie on the consumer for the environment is really a misdirection tactic by the small number of producers who are contributing the most to pollution. Food for thought.

The fact is that the duty is on everyone.

But some companies for example wont do their duty without the force of either consumers or government.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

3 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

Canada and the us

For me that's the wild west xD Joking aside what is Europe then? The east? Do we eat with chopsticks now ? 😛 

It's not about geolocation in which case obviously you pick a point of reference and everything on the right side is east and on the left side is west (which means that your location is neither it's the center btw) 

But when people refer to the "west" the mean western civilization Greeks, Romans etc etc 

East is eastern civilizations Hindus Chinese Japanese etc etc 

That holds true no matter where you are from. 

1 hour ago, Blade of Grass said:

“The West” is a pretty well understood term in political science. It generally refers to what we’d say are the developed English speaking world + it’s close allies. Think AUS, Canada, UK, US, NZ, EU members. 

This definition is more applicable to NATO... 

The west includes obviously English speaking countries (and excludes some e.g the Philippines)  but you make it seem as it is defined by them and throw in everybody else as "the allies" 

Spanish people /Latin speaking people (bigger population than English-speaking ones  ) are also included in the west. 

And the idea is based on culture which is basically originating in ancient Greece (Philosophy, Mathematics, aesthetics etc are not just Greek words but also disciplines cultivated by the ancient Greeks)  and contrast (not as in "opposing" but as being different in the "fine print" so to speak ) the orient/eastern civilizations. 

A more palatable description would be this ERB clip 😛

On 1/13/2021 at 9:15 PM, Ashley xD said:

planet if i build a new computer every year

the issue is how you dispose of it

even you are using the item for 50 years as oppose buying one every year, its just a delay of time , total wastage is same

1 hour ago, papajo said:

This definition is more applicable to NATO... 

The west includes obviously English speaking countries (and excludes some e.g the Philippines)  but you make it seem as it is defined by them and throw in everybody else as "the allies" 

Spanish people /Latin speaking people (bigger population than English-speaking ones  ) are also included in the west. 

And the idea is based on culture which is basically originating in ancient Greece (Philosophy, Mathematics, aesthetics etc are not just Greek words but also disciplines cultivated by the ancient Greeks)  and contrast (not as in "opposing" but as being different in the "fine print" so to speak ) the orient/eastern civilizations. 

A more palatable description would be this ERB clip 😛

I was just trying to provide a simple definition for it without diving too deep into it :) but yes there is a long history for it.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

10 hours ago, Mihle said:

Something I have noticed, is that for US people, "the west" seem to mean US and Canada, while for Europeans, everything in central and west Europe (and US and Canada), is "the west" too.

Wonder what an Japanese or Turkish person would call "the west".

For some people "the west" might just mean countries that use languages based on the Latin alphabet for what I know.

if you look at a map there is a left side east and and right side west...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

7 hours ago, papajo said:

For me that's the wild west xD Joking aside what is Europe then? The east? Do we eat with chopsticks now ? 😛 

It's not about geolocation in which case obviously you pick a point of reference and everything on the right side is east and on the left side is west (which means that your location is neither it's the center btw) 

But when people refer to the "west" the mean western civilization Greeks, Romans etc etc 

East is eastern civilizations Hindus Chinese Japanese etc etc 

That holds true no matter where you are from. 

the east is all kinds of messed up. they cant seem to get along so they all have there peace of land and a border were as Canada and the us are basically the same. althow there nothing cool were the east has all the cool place to see...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Youtube recommended:

Recycling is good on paper, but no one will do it if it's not profitable

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

23 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

the east is all kinds of messed up. they cant seem to get along so they all have there peace of land and a border were as Canada and the us are basically the same. althow there nothing cool were the east has all the cool place to see...

what are you even talking about? Canada closed their boarders to the US not to mention the US thinking of building a WALL on the Mexico boarder meanwhile the "east" by which I assume you mean europe has open boarders (EU) 

You just know nothing about anything related on the subject it seems and think your place is the center of the world just because you live in it lol 

2 minutes ago, papajo said:

think your place is the center of the world just because you live in it lol 

Who doesn't?

elephants