GTA V PC "Beta" Is A Hilarious Scam

ETRJ

http://kotaku.com/gta-v-pc-beta-is-a-hilarious-scam-1546731311

There's a scam going around trying to trick people into thinking they've been accepted into a beta test for a PC version of Grand Theft Auto V. Surprise! There is no beta.P

An email doing the rounds asks people to click on a URL and download a .zip file, the latter of which contains malware. P

The funny part comes in the email itself; rather than actually try, and use Rockstar imagery and fancy banner images, it comes via plain text. And says "You invited beta tester GTAV to Windows"

sorry about the random p's in this post, when typing it up it doesn't appear :(

post-7886-0-59636700-1395227655.jpg

you got a P virus from it! D:

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

You-Dont-Say.jpg

made my day that has :P

lol, that sucks at least it was just malware and not a virus

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

Old news, but still stupid that people fall for it lol

the last one was full of viruses, 18GBs worth....

lol, i completely forgot about GTA V.. The rumor was that is going to be released in march.. I didn't notice anything yet :P

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

You'd think that after the previous incident with the fake GTA V torrent that people would learn to be at least the tiniest bit skeptical of further 'releases' of that title.

Guess not.

As if GTA V wasn't a scam already..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

As if GTA V wasn't a scam already..

:|

By the time it comes out for PC, I'll no longer be interested in the game and will wait for a sale where its like $10. Unless it comes out with DLC on the PC at the regular price.

By the time it comes out for PC, I'll no longer be interested in the game and will wait for a sale where its like $10. Unless it comes out with DLC on the PC at the regular price.

I don't believe anyone who says that and comes to read threads about it.

I don't believe anyone who says that and comes to read threads about it.

I read all threads in the Tech News and Reviews because I'm interested in all tech news... Just because I read this thread doesn't mean I follow it particularly well. By the time it comes out, Watchdogs will be out and will make GTA5 irrelevant (for me at least). There will be a lot more better games that will be more fun to play at the time it comes out (in my opinion).

Some guy claimed to have GTA V beta on PC, the graphics look like shit and it's not even full screen.

Error 404: No signature found.

:o I received that email and tried it!!! ZOMFG it works! 

thx op :)

lol

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

I read all threads in the Tech News and Reviews because I'm interested in all tech news... Just because I read this thread doesn't mean I follow it particularly well. By the time it comes out, Watchdogs will be out and will make GTA5 irrelevant (for me at least). There will be a lot more better games that will be more fun to play at the time it comes out (in my opinion).

so you reply to them all aswell? please.... if you find the game irrelevant, dont take your time to post about "irrelevant" stuffs :)

What? Really? I was going to buy 34?!?!

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Malware is never hilarious.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.