Would you work 10 hours for apple?

Amrat

19 years old, no experience. I think i'm gonna go with apple.

Haha, well i have to say 60 hours a week is alot. But yeah only just 19 so you will realy get the minimum wage, till you 21 or so?  At least thats how it goes in the Netherlands :D

Made in 2010, lol. 

Dang, and your brother made that? I'm impressed... what did he do with the front panel?... 

But yeah got a job opportunity? Take it, more experience the better. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Made in 2010, lol. 

That case pretty sick with the LEDs.... night shot? Sorry if I'm asking for too much.

Sure, gotta start somewhere.  Unless you can live off someone else.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Its a job, and its probably the best place for you since you like tech blah blah blah. 

Are you fucking kidding me?... Fucking apple. 180 bucks a month is terrible.

Living costs, man.

My rent costs almost triple that, and food for one person is probably double that (I don't keep track of expenses very well), but I get paid more than enough to pay for it... then university tuition kills me.

10 hours is painful. Do you get weekends? if you do, it's fine. I was doing ~8 hours a day in uni then another 2-4 after school ended last semester. It was livable because of weekends.

edit:

Work 6 days a week, 10 hours everday and sunday is off. It's pretty hard step for me cause i play 27/4.  :D

eh, that's livable, I guess. Learn to sleep less. It'll suck now, but you'll get something better eventually.

Living costs, man.

My rent costs almost triple that, and food for one person is probably double that (I don't keep track of expenses very well), but I get paid more than enough to pay for it... then university tuition kills me.

10 hours is painful. Do you get weekends? if you do, it's fine. I was doing ~8 hours a day in uni then another 2-4 after school ended last semester. It was livable because of weekends.

edit:

eh, that's livable, I guess. Learn to sleep less. It'll suck now, but you'll get something better eventually.

Thank you for being the only one who didn't completely rage at me :)

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I'm from India, and i have got the opportunity to work at apple retail store (Both selling and Service engineer). I'm college dropout and a hardcore gamer. Job timing is 9am to 7pm. If i work i only get 2-3 hours to play or surf the internet daily  -_- . The money is fine, i guess in india only, its 11k INR which is 180$ US dollars per month.

Is their anything better i can do? Thoughts? opinions?

I think it's an excellent opportunity. That's a lot of hours though, is that typically what you'd have to work at another job?

The fact that it's for Apple should change nothing. I imagine it's pretty much like any other job in retail. I personally wouldn't want to work in retail if I could avoid it, but any job is better than no job to be honest.

Retail isn't that bad. It's excellent people building skills and looks great on resumes, especially if he were to make it into a supervisory position.

Point taken. In the future, I don't know maybe 50 years down the road, when greedy companies can't exploit third world countries anymore due to either them getting out of third world status, or robots, I wonder how they will survive. (I'm on the side that calls bullshit to thier "Do you want us to raise the prices of our products? If not, it's inevitable hat we must outsource and exploit")

They can still make money. Realistically as the other economies grow, so will their sales since there will be more people willing to dump money into them. Eventually everything will be automated, so their labor costs will be drastically reduced.

I think all of you misread my intentions of that comment. I'm pretty sure it's fair wages in India. What I'm saying is while I don't consider where I live as the standard, I'm commenting on how terrible those wages are and that Apple (and the rest of the world's corporations) should stop exploiting third world status. I am by no means saying "Don't take the job because it's a shitty pay".

It has nothing to do with exploitation. It's likely higher than most other retail jobs in the same area.

Living costs, man.

edit:

You pay less than $600 for rent?

Man. I am so jealous.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Do it, it is good for experience and looks good on a resume.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Thank you for being the only one who didn't completely rage at me :)

I'm actually with you on this, fair enough that's a typical wage in India and the cost of living is obviously a lot cheaper and its a beautiful country.

But... the Iphone costs in and around 50,000 Rs, so if you work in the Apple Store in India if you spent no money and saved all your wages every month, it would still take you 4-5 months to afford an Iphone 5s... Who knows how long it would take if you are paying rent and putting food on the table...

...Something about that leaves a bitter taste in my mouth... Maybe its taxes or something but it's still slightly messed up.

I'm actually with you on this, fair enough that's a typical wage in India and the cost of living is obviously a lot cheaper and its a beautiful country.

But... the Iphone costs in and around 50,000 Rs, so if you work in the Apple Store in India if you spent no money and saved all your wages every month, it would still take you 4-5 months to afford an Iphone 5s... Who knows how long it would take if you are paying rent and putting food on the table...

...Something about that leaves a bitter taste in my mouth... Maybe its taxes or something but it's still slightly messed up.

It's a perfect example of how much of an insane lump of spending power you have in a top tier western country. Even in my call center job I made enough to buy everything I wanted with minimal saving. And I have a couple thousand saved up after all that anyway.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

It's a perfect example of how much of an insane lump of spending power you have in a top tier western country. Even in my call center job I made enough to buy everything I wanted with minimal saving. And I have a couple thousand saved up after all that anyway.

Yeah I suppose it's a case of North America and parts of Europe having it good as opposed to other parts of the world necessarily having it bad.

I'm sure relatively speaking it's as good of a job as it is in the west, but still spending all day selling a product that has such a short shelf life and that could realistically take you a year to afford if you are paying bills just seems kind of messed up to me. 

you have to deal with people...I don't like people.  If yo like retail and dealing with twats who don't know anything.  Probably pretty easy money.  3hrs a day is still decent.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

With those wages, this is what they could expect out of me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPVHc0T3h7U

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

You pay less than $600 for rent?

Man. I am so jealous.

I have a bedroom and then there's a kitchen and everything else that I have to share with 3 other roommates. For Waterloo, it's about average

I have a bedroom and then there's a kitchen and everything else that I have to share with 3 other roommates. For Waterloo, it's about average

Ahhhh ok that makes sense.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

With those wages, this is what they could expect out of me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPVHc0T3h7U

hahahahhahaha classic

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K, GFX: Asus GTX 970 Strix, MOBO: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING, RAM: DDR4 GSkill Ripjaw 4 (4GBx2 @ 3000mhz), SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120gb, HDD: Hitachi 500gb, PSU: Corsair CX 430w, DISPLAY: Acer GD245HQ, CASE: NZXT S340 white, MOUSE: Logitech MX 518, KEYBOARD: TVS-E USB Mechanical