how to start coding on visual studio core?

THEVERYLOL30

i don't have any experience of coding,so i wanna know it and make something

There's no such thing as Visual Studio Core, did you mean Visual Studio Code (vscode) or are you talking about .NET Core?

The first one is a text editor that can also be used as an IDE, with the help of some plugins and the second one would be a compiler, used to translate code into a usable program. Since you're a total beginner, maybe start with the basics: Think of something that you want to make (and is achievable), pick a programming language suited for a beginner. Read some tutorials and get to tinkering.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

What you're basically saying here is "I don't speak French but I want to talk to French people and have them understand me".

If you want to learn coding there are loads of different methods, YouTube has lots of tutorials of varying quality or you can subscribe to something like Skillshare/Brilliant and take one of their courses.

You're never going to learn coding by opening Visual Studio and typing in random stuff. You need to understand the fundamentals, basic concepts and you need context given by someone who actually understands them.

I'd also suggest that you learn to walk before you try to run. Dealing with OOP before you understand some basic concepts is next to impossible, learn something higher level (like Python) first. If you're dead set on jumping in at the deep end at least start with Visual Basic.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

49 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Dealing with OOP before you understand some basic concepts is next to impossible, learn something higher level (like Python) first.

Since you're talking to a beginner, maybe you shouldn't abbreviate Object Oriented Programming ;) I agree that @THEVERYLOL30 can ignore it for now and focus on fundamentals instead. Like a simple "Hello world" type program that prints a message on screen and then expand from there. Add some loops, make it repeat the message multiple times and so on. Get your bearings on how stuff interacts.

I just wanted to point out that OOP is a concept that is mainly focused on how a program is structured and has nothing to do with whether the programming language itself is considered "high level" or not. It has different terminology for some things, but the underlying algorithms still work the same. You can also easily ignore it, even in OOP centric languages (like Java), by simply throwing all of your functions ("methods") into a single file (or rather "class").

27 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Since you're talking to a beginner, maybe you shouldn't abbreviate Object Oriented Programming ;) I agree that @THEVERYLOL30 can ignore it for now and focus on fundamentals instead. Like a simple "Hello world" type program that prints a message on screen and then expand from there. Add some loops, make it repeat the message multiple times and so on. Get your bearings on how stuff interacts.

I just wanted to point out that OOP is a concept that is mainly focused on how a program is structured and has nothing to do with whether the programming language itself is considered "high level" or not. It has different terminology for some things, but the underlying algorithms still work the same. You can also easily ignore it, even in OOP centric languages (like Java), by simply throwing all of your functions ("methods") into a single file (or rather "class").

Fair point and totally true but I made the distinction because there's no point in trying to learn an object oriented language if you're going to ignore OOP as a concept.

IMO this is what leads to bad practice coding techniques such as having to declare unnecessary methods/functions as public classes.

Just to be clear though, everything I know about coding (and I'll admit I'm not the best at it) is self taught and I fully acknowledge that I'm not in any position to offer advice on good coding practices.

Heck I'm probably guilty of breaking them myself but since I only code for fun it only really affects myself.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Fair point and totally true but I made the distinction because there's no point in trying to learn an object oriented language if you're going to ignore OOP as a concept.

No, I completely agree. Using a language that is focused on OOP only to then completely ignore it is not good practice. I've done it e.g. when I wanted to quickly test something (say a particular algorithm), but it's definitely not a good habit to get into for anything more serious.

It probably doesn't hurt to know that concepts like object orientation exist, but as you said it is not something that should be the primary focus as a beginner. Once you're past the basics it can help solve certain types of problems more easily, but it can also get in the way for more simple stuff that doesn't need the added complexity.

3 hours ago, THEVERYLOL30 said:

i don't have any experience of coding,so i wanna know it and make something

Either install "Visual Studio Code" if your on Mac or Linux but highly suggest the full version "Visual Studio Community 2019" which is also free but much more powerful.

A good start is to use C# as it's a C language it will help you later on program and understand nearly all other languages near instantly.

When making a first program focus on the project type called "Console Application" this will be the most simple to start with. You just have a black console and it is very light and dumb down. The automatically generated code only contain the bare minimum of a dozen lines to open a console and have a basic method that is called and just waiting for more code from your side. Any "Hello world" first tutorial will code in this project type. Focus on that as much as possible. Once you are comfortable with the basics you can upgrade to visual interface

The basics are :

- Variables

- Constant

- Conditional Statement

- Operators (and, or, xor...)

- Loops

Next step would be :

- Class and Structs

- Resource handling (File IO, web query, images, etc)

Then :

- How libraries work (most likely any third party)

- Database (any kind. Just bare principle)