Anyone have any other information about the Trendy SRM 500x power supply?

GuttedMan0909

Trendy seems to be a really obscure brand, I mean they don't even have their own site. I was wondering if anybody has any info about the company and the power supply itself. I know it's owned by Silvertec but they don't seem to have Trendy as their owned brand on their site anymore. Any info about it will be greatly appreciated! (Ps, no I'm not buying it, I'm just curious) Here's a pic btw:

Trendy SRM 500X/650X Power Supply | Shopee PhilippinesTrendy SRM 500X/650X Power Supply | Shopee Philippines

I won't trust someone calling their product Trendy. hah.

Only 400w on the 12v rail.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Judging from the pictures themselves, I wouldn't come near that PSU. it only has 400W on the 12v rail, it has no 80+ rating, the box looks like a straight ripoff of Corsair's box design, and it even has a typo on the box itself.

This is a terrible PSU, by a terrible company, for terrible computers.

On 1/5/2021 at 4:19 PM, SupaKomputa said:

I won't trust someone calling their product Trendy. hah.

Only 400w on the 12v rail.

Ok I actually now know someone who has the same PSU and apparently it's been fine ever since they got it since early 2019. He has an rx580 8gb, a320m pro vh plus, a ryzen 5 1400,  1tb hdd, 1 240gb ssd and a 120gb ssd and apparently its been alright ever since. 

2 hours ago, GuttedMan0909 said:

Ok I actually now know someone who has the same PSU and apparently it's been fine ever since they got it since early 2019. He has an rx580 8gb, a320m pro vh plus, a ryzen 5 1400,  1tb hdd, 1 240gb ssd and a 120gb ssd and apparently its been alright ever since. 

Tell you what, I actually know someone who's been driving on worn tires and without a seatbelt since early 2019. And he's fine. Really makes you think huh? 🤔