60hz on a 75hz monitor?

GroundbreakingCrew9

So why am I getting 60hz on this new monitor I got that clams to be 75hz? Also I'm using HDMI, do you have to use the DisplayPort to get this feature? 

-ASUS VG275Q  

Did you actually go and switch ot to 75?

And what setup/GPU?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, GroundbreakingCrew9 said:

did you go to the display properties and tried changing the Refresh rate?

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

1 minute ago, GorujoCY said:

did you go to the display properties and tried changing the Refresh rate?

I just did. fixed that problem(I'm running at 75.001hz)

but now, how do I make use of freesync?

1 minute ago, GroundbreakingCrew9 said:

I just did. fixed that problem(I'm running at 75.001hz)

but now, how do I make use of freesync

According to AMD, you can use freesync via HDMI:

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/free-sync-faq#:~:text=Back to top-,Does AMD FreeSync™ technology work over HDMI®%3F,and HDMI VRR was adopted

Now since Freesync displays now have G-SYNC support, when you go the nvidia control panel or experience, take a look around to where display options are and you'll be able to turn on G-Sync, if not let me know

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

18 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

According to AMD, you can use freesync via HDMI:

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/free-sync-faq#:~:text=Back to top-,Does AMD FreeSync™ technology work over HDMI®%3F,and HDMI VRR was adopted

Now since Freesync displays now have G-SYNC support, when you go the nvidia control panel or experience, take a look around to where display options are and you'll be able to turn on G-Sync, if not let me know

I don't have the option of turn on g-sync

Believe you have to use DP on nvidia.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

How can we double check this? And would I be just better off all around, going to DP?

8 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Yeah, you was right. Switched out the cord to a display port and gained the option of setting up G-sync!