GTA 5 vs Cyberpunk 2077

🧐 Man, I just can't get over how woefully underdeveloped CP 2077 is. The lack of attention to detail is appalling when compared to games like GTA 5. Next time one of those CDPR fan bots wants to claim they are on Rockstar's level, show them these videos. They don't even hold a candle to Rockstar Games. 🙃

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

whatever everyone said. 13 million copies sold!

$800 million dollars in the pocket.

I'm sure they'll work things out.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

20 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

whatever everyone said. 13 million copies sold!

$800 million dollars in the pocket.

I'm sure they'll work things out.

Their stock fell by 40%, so not so much of a win all things considered.

GTA V is GTA. It's an open world game, with decent driving, mediocre combat, and some missions.

Cyberpunk 2077 is an RPG, with decent combat, mediocre driving, and... Some missions.

If you want driving, play GTA or DiRT Rally. If you want shooting, play CoD or Battlefield, ARMA, Borderlands, whatever. If you want a good RPG, then... Uh... Cyberpunk is okay.

I totally agree. The driving in CP77 is awful. But it's not really a driving game. It could, and should, be better, but right now, it isn't.

At least the driving is better than KSP's 'driving'.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

1 hour ago, Coolmaster said:

On a surface level, yes.

Stocks can and do recover, however. Prior to 2005, you could buy stock in Apple for under a dollar a share. To buy those same shares today would cost you over a hundred.

Has CP2077 been a colossal dumpster fire? Absolutely.
Is it a good game? Lower end of average at best.
Will it destroy CDPR? No.
Will it be fixed? Probably... eventually, meaning it will take extensive time and work to do.
Has it sowed distrust in CDPR? Absolutely. Is it all self-inflicted? Not even slightly. Even if this game were to have released in a perfect functioning state, it's nigh impossible to live up to the hype around it, some of it created by marketing, most of it created by fervent 'pre-ordered years ago' hype-squads.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

You should check Cyberpunk2077 reddit page. People shared tonnes of hilarious glitches and bugs. 

I'm enjoying the game tbh, really liking the story so far. I don't think they will fix the physics and AI issue.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

14 hours ago, Coolmaster said:

Yeah, investors and even the studio execs lost billions of dollars over this, and now Investors are ready to slam them with class action lawsuits, from four different firms for misrepresenting the actual state of the product on last gen consoles. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

🧐 I tell you, this game needs to be part of every game design class on how not to make a video game, an open world RPG in particular. And these comparison video's need to be part of the curriculum. All part of preparing future would be developers how to not fuck up. 😃 👍 👍

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

I must be missing something here. Like I get that cyberpunk isn't a perfect game but were people really expecting more than this? Its a new IP from a company who did the Witcher and its very different from the Witcher. Like comparing it to GTA 5 is fair but also keep in mind that GTA 5, its systems and mechanics are the result of several iterations while this is CDPR first attempt at something in this vein, going from wood and horses to concrete and cars doesn't really have a lot of overlap.(The design document alone for this must have been so difficult for these guys to write) To me the fact that they made something this OK is impressive enough, and its a pretty solid foundation to work off of when they make their next game that utilizes and iterates off of many of these newly produced software assets.

Side-note: CDPR in spite of their current stock standings is going to be fine, this was a big gamble for the company but the result of the gamble being that now they no longer have to only produce games set in mid-evil times, they are a much more capable company as a result of this OK game.

43 minutes ago, QChoumont said:

I must be missing something here. Like I get that cyberpunk isn't a perfect game but were people really expecting more than this? Its a new IP from a company who did the Witcher and its very different from the Witcher. Like comparing it to GTA 5 is fair but also keep in mind that GTA 5, its systems and mechanics are the result of several iterations while this is CDPR first attempt at something in this vein, going from wood and horses to concrete and cars doesn't really have a lot of overlap. To me the fact that they made something this OK is impressive enough, and its a pretty solid foundation to work off of when they make their next game that utilizes and iterates off of many of these newly produced software assets.

Side-note: CDPR in spite of their current stock standings is going to be fine, this was a big gamble for the company but the result of the gamble being that now they no longer have to only produce games set in mid-evil times, they are a much more capable company as a result of this OK game.

🤷‍♂️ That's really not much of a valid excuse coming from a studio that was supposed to be the gold standard of game design, who hyped this game to the heavens as the "genre defining game of the decade", a "true next gen RPG experience". They said all this, yet in light of these videos, it doesn't even hold a candle to GTA 5. I would say that it is totally unrealistic to expect a studio with a skeleton crew like CD Project Rekt with only ONE good game on their resume in their 20 year history (that in itself was vastly over rated in my opinion) to somehow exceed and outdo a studio like Rockstar who is a seasoned veteran at these types of games. That's what I found appalling about the hubris exhibited both from the studio and their little rabid cult followers called a "fanbase". If people are looking for a "true next gen RPG experience", they will perhaps have to wait for Rockstar to release GTA 6, because this certainly ain't it, far from it. I mean, even the graphics ain't all that great. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

It's been a very enjoyable game for me. CP2077 is very respectable at being a first attempt at such a game in my opinion. It's like we can't accept anything less than 120% nowadays anymore.

I don't think the comparison to GTA V is completely fair, because as mentioned Rockstar is a veteran, a big one at that and they've been refining the same concept for a long time. At least Cyberpunk is a fresh game  as well instead of "releasing" the same 2013 game again on next gen consoles and calling it a day.

I never got the impression CP2077 was meant to be the dystopian future version of GTA. For me the story in GTA is boring and most if not all of the enjoyment comes from running around the world as a sandbox and just doing fun things. I can't imagine the dumpster fire GTA would be if you put it in "Cyberpunk mode", taking away all the player-world interaction, as the story surely wouldn't carry it in my opinion.

My view is this. Yes they deserve the backlash for underdelivering or overpromising. Overhyped marketing, unfulfilled promises and bad decisions towards consoles. That's the real problem here. Not the bugs. They've had their wake-up call, put down the torches and pitchforks.

As for consoles, it should have been a next-gen exclusive at most. I also blame Sony or Microsoft for allowing it, because you can't seriously test a game, see it ran terribly and say "yeah this is fine". Or do they not even vet what goes into their store?

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

5 hours ago, tikker said:

It's been a very enjoyable game for me. CP2077 is very respectable at being a first attempt at such a game in my opinion. It's like we can't accept anything less than 120% nowadays anymore.

I don't think the comparison to GTA V is completely fair, because as mentioned Rockstar is a veteran, a big one at that and they've been refining the same concept for a long time. At least Cyberpunk is a fresh game  as well instead of "releasing" the same 2013 game again on next gen consoles and calling it a day.

I never got the impression CP2077 was meant to be the dystopian future version of GTA. For me the story in GTA is boring and most if not all of the enjoyment comes from running around the world as a sandbox and just doing fun things. I can't imagine the dumpster fire GTA would be if you put it in "Cyberpunk mode", taking away all the player-world interaction, as the story surely wouldn't carry it in my opinion.

My view is this. Yes they deserve the backlash for underdelivering or overpromising. Overhyped marketing, unfulfilled promises and bad decisions towards consoles. That's the real problem here. Not the bugs. They've had their wake-up call, put down the torches and pitchforks.

As for consoles, it should have been a next-gen exclusive at most. I also blame Sony or Microsoft for allowing it, because you can't seriously test a game, see it ran terribly and say "yeah this is fine". Or do they not even vet what goes into their store?

Sony and Microsoft isn't responsible for testing any game. That's not how the certification process works at all. What it does is give the studios a list of benchmarks the game must meet for it to be considered acceptable on their console: Does the game boot up? If it boots up, does it even get past the start menu? Do the controls work as intended? Will it play without bricking the console? 4. If so, can we still play the game without it crashing to the desktop or causing random reboots, etc? These are some of the things they have to mark off on the certification process before it gets released. They don't sit their play testing the game to see if it works. That is entirely up to CDPR, and they lied to Microsoft and Sony about all of it and claimed the game "ran surprisingly well" on last gen consoles (their actual words). I don't have to be carrying pitchforks, because the investors are doing that for me, and every consumer that got shafted, with class action lawsuits right now. They fucked with the wrong people. They didn't just lie to Microsoft and Sony, which in itself is in breach of contract, they lied about the actual playable state of the game to the Investors as well, which makes it lawsuit worthy. They are lucky they are still in Microsoft's good graces, because they can easily bend them over in court as well. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

6 hours ago, tikker said:

-snip-

-snip

You might be right, Cyberpunk isn't GTA V its more like Farcry in a city environment and when I think about it like that then yeah this really is a "true next gen RPG" its a very very very good Farcry game. Unfortunately for Cyberpunk its environment is most similar to GTA V and in comparison it really showcases how great GTA V has become after several years of updates; that work I would argue justifies it to be released again on next gen consoles, cause it really isn't the same game that was 7 years ago.

2 hours ago, BlackManINC said:

That is entirely up to CDPR, and they lied to Microsoft and Sony about all of it and claimed the game "ran surprisingly well" on last gen consoles (their actual words).

Well I'll give them their "ran surprisingly well". The expectation probably was that it wouldn't run at all. It is an ambigous statement though and they should've been honest it just doesn't run on older hardware.

2 hours ago, BlackManINC said:

I don't have to be carrying pitchforks, because the investors are doing that for me, and every consumer that got shafted, with class action lawsuits right now. They fucked with the wrong people.

Didn't mean to target you specifically, I meant the people in general. Don't let this become another Verge scenario where people keep harassing whatever entity for months on end was what I meant. I still agree repercussions are warranted and they deserve some form of reprimanding.

To me, they still delivered a good game. If this is what it would've been without the overhyping community and marketing, nobody would have batted an eye.

1 hour ago, QChoumont said:

You might be right, Cyberpunk isn't GTA V its more like Farcry in a city environment and when I think about it like that then yeah this really is a "true next gen RPG" its a very very very good Farcry game.

Story wise sure, gameplay wise probably a little below standard Far Cry game, but good point. I like seeing it as a sort of Far Cry. They did well switching from Witcher to "Far Cry".

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

27 minutes ago, tikker said:

-snip-

Story wise sure, gameplay wise probably a little below standard Far Cry game, but good point. I like seeing it as a sort of Far Cry. -snip-

Well we might have very different opinions on the Far Cry series, I'm of the opinion that it peaked at 3 then stagnated but if you really like it I can respect that.

27 minutes ago, tikker said:

-snip-They did well switching from Witcher to "Far Cry".

The thing is it would have been so much easier for them to have just done Far Cry, they could have reused a lot of environmental assets and their artists would have already been primed to work with that type of environment. Instead they chose to start from nothing and learn how to craft the complete opposite of what they know, they took a radical gamble and I absolutely admire it.

10 hours ago, tikker said:

Yeah, in these comparisons some people forget how much bigger Rockstar is than CDPR. Also, so many aspects of Cyberpunk are first attempts for CDPR, it would be unreasonable to expect GTA V levels of polish.

There are clearly things CDPR fucked up, and on the consoles, fucked up badly. It clearly wasn't ready for release, but they are continuing to work on it. I believe they are still aiming for big patches in Jan & Feb, we should calm the fuck down and see what state the game in is after the Feb patch.

I have faith they will fix it eventually. They are planning multiplayer and a paid for expansion, they are unlikely to abandon the potential revenue these would provide, and they will need the game to review well when these come out. Also, the potential revenue from future Cyberpunk games. Unless they can turn the current game around, they might as well abandon the IP.

And a final thought. Skyrim was a game riddled with bugs at launch, still has a few too many now, but is a beloved game, and still gets played & streamed 9 years later. Games can recover from a rocky launch.            

11 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

Games can recover from a rocky launch.  

Yep, look at No Man's Sky as an extreme example, Witcher 3 as a lesser.