My first build almost done, but which last parts should I choose???

Thimo.K

Hey guys I have put together a build for for my first gaming pc on a bit of a budget, but I still have a couple of choices to make on some parts and was wondering if you guys could help me out?

I still need to choose between the RAM, PSU and case. I put the options at the catagories below.
These are the parts I chose or still need to choose between. If anyone has a suggestion on other parts aswell just let me know.
(I btw live in The Netherlands so prices may be different, if you have any questions let me know!)

CPU:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X                                                                    =  €160

GPU:

MSI GTX 1660 Super Ventus OC                                                 = €240
Motherboard:
Asrock B450 PRO4                                                                       = €78
Storage:

Kingston A2000 250GB M.2 SSD                                                 = €35

1TB Seagate 7200 RPM Harddrive (I already own this one)

Memory:

G.Skill DDR4 2x4GB 3200MHz                                                    = €45

OR

G.Skill DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz                                                    = €73

(I know I need atleast 8GB and saw that only in some games the extra ram matters but is it worth it when on a budget?)

PSU

Cooler Master MWE 550 White V2                                              = €46

OR

Corsair Builder CX450M                                                              = €53

OR

Seasonic Core Gold GC 500                                                       = €64

(I saw calculated and compared the needed power it is around 400/450W but I dont know if it a cheaper one like above is good enough or if there are better alternatives)

Case:

DeepCool MATREXX 55 MESCH                                               = 49

OR
Corsair Carbide 275R Airflow                                                      = 74

(Then last but not least I chose these 2 because of the design and couple of features but I dont know much about cases and tought the first one would be good enough but is it tho?)

I'm not too familiar with pricing in the Eurozone so I'll limit my statements to the overall quality of the components. 

CPU -> good budget choice

GPU -> good budget choice

Board -> solid choice

SSD -> I would personally go with 512 GB

RAM -> I would go with 16 GB right away, 8 GB will need to be upgraded soon

PSU -> Definitely go with the Seasonic unit

Case -> I've never tried a Deepcool model, so I would default to Corsair

I would have gone for a 500gb sdd personally.

Definitely get 16gb of ram.

I have previously run an RX5600xt and a 2600x on that 450w Corsair unit and it worked fine, and your system will draw less than mine did but if you can afford it get the sea sonic unit. 
Both of those cases will be decent but I would personally pick the Corsair for Ease of building and the included fans as well as aesthetics

13 minutes ago, 514_AppleGuy said:

I'm not too familiar with pricing in the Eurozone so I'll limit my statements to the overall quality of the components. 

CPU -> good budget choice

GPU -> good budget choice

Board -> solid choice

SSD -> I would personally go with 512 GB

RAM -> I would go with 16 GB right away, 8 GB will need to be upgraded soon

PSU -> Definitely go with the Seasonic unit

Case -> I've never tried a Deepcool model, so I would default to Corsair

Thanks for the advise that will help alot! For the PSU tho, if I go for the Corsair case and 16 GB ram I do want to try to "cheap out" on some stuff so I was wondering if one of the other powersupplies would do? I know the gold one is always the best but would a bronze or maybe even white one do just as well or is the Seasonic one in this case a nobrainer?

8 minutes ago, _lucalink said:

I would have gone for a 500gb sdd personally.

Definitely get 16gb of ram.

I have previously run an RX5600xt and a 2600x on that 450w Corsair unit and it worked fine, and your system will draw less than mine did but if you can afford it get the sea sonic unit. 
Both of those cases will be decent but I would personally pick the Corsair for Ease of building and the included fans as well as aesthetics

Thats great to know thanks! For the ssd would the 500gb be more personal choice or? Because I was thinking of putting my boot and a couple of basic stuff like a browser on it and the rest on my harddrive or would it really be worth it? If you could let me know/convince me :) I would really appreciate it!

3 hours ago, Thimo.K said:

Thanks for the advise that will help alot! For the PSU tho, if I go for the Corsair case and 16 GB ram I do want to try to "cheap out" on some stuff so I was wondering if one of the other powersupplies would do? I know the gold one is always the best but would a bronze or maybe even white one do just as well or is the Seasonic one in this case a nobrainer?

NEVER cheap out on the power supply. Seasonic usually makes a pretty bulletproof product. I wouldn't try and save by only getting 8 GB of RAM. Maybe save money by buying the cheaper case. If not, just save a little bit more money and wait a little bit longer.

4 hours ago, Thimo.K said:

PSU

Cooler Master MWE 550 White V2                                              = €46

OR

Corsair Builder CX450M                                                              = €53

OR

Seasonic Core Gold GC 500                                                       = €64

Out of those three, Seasonic.

Looking at pc partpicker Germany, other good options can be Bitfenix formula, Corsair CX and Corsair TXM. Assuming of course you can find them at reasonable prices.

If you want to search for other options you can use the PSU tier list. I wouldn't go under Tier C for this system, but tier B or A would be preferred.

8 hours ago, Thimo.K said:

Thats great to know thanks! For the ssd would the 500gb be more personal choice or? Because I was thinking of putting my boot and a couple of basic stuff like a browser on it and the rest on my harddrive or would it really be worth it? If you could let me know/convince me :) I would really appreciate it!

256Gb will allow to to store windows and some applications like games launchers, so if your planning to do mass storage on the HDD it would be fine, however if your planning to store any games or anything like that on your ssd I would get 500GB

34 minutes ago, _lucalink said:

256Gb will allow to to store windows and some applications like games launchers, so if your planning to do mass storage on the HDD it would be fine, however if your planning to store any games or anything like that on your ssd I would get 500GB

Yea It would be nice to have games on the ssd but with just 240GB left it would be full in no time and i would just wait for all the games a bit longer then for just some games to boot up faster. And because the HDD wont affect fps im fine with it. I then now have some budget left to go with for example the Seasonic PSU.
Thanks for the advise!

7 hours ago, Gaires said:

Out of those three, Seasonic.

Looking at pc partpicker Germany, other good options can be Bitfenix formula, Corsair CX and Corsair TXM. Assuming of course you can find them at reasonable prices.

If you want to search for other options you can use the PSU tier list. I wouldn't go under Tier C for this system, but tier B or A would be preferred.

Thanks for the list that is really helpful! Like you said the Corsair CX is a good option as well, but is the second option in my list (Corsair Builder CX450M) also a good one as it is a CX one or is this one different?

3 minutes ago, Thimo.K said:

Thanks for the list that is really helpful! Like you said the Corsair CX is a good option as well, but is the second option in my list (Corsair Builder CX450M) also a good one as it is a CX one or is this one different?

Seasonic Core is better than CXM. Non modular CX would be slightly better, if you can find it for the same price.

2 minutes ago, Gaires said:

Seasonic Core is better than CXM. Non modular CX would be slightly better, if you can find it for the same price.

The only one I can find is the Corsair CX450 Bronze for 61 euros. I assume that for that price I can better go for the Seasonic one than?

I will recommend something like this instead...

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (€215.00 @ Megekko) 

Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€74.99 @ Azerty) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (€70.85 @ Alternate) 

Storage: Kingston A2000 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€60.95 @ Azerty) 

Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Purchased) 

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card (€240.00) 

Case: Thermaltake S100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case (€54.85 @ Alternate) 

Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (€74.85 @ Megekko) 

Total: €791.49

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-12-28 15:04 CET+0100

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

19 minutes ago, Thimo.K said:

The only one I can find is the Corsair CX450 Bronze for 61 euros. I assume that for that price I can better go for the Seasonic one than?

Seasonic should be fine.

Hey guys, like I said I am building my first gaming pc on a bit of a budget and so I have to choose a good PSU for the budget. The needed power would be a min of 400W and I would like around 450W and 550W max.
My first choice based on price was the "Cooler Master MWE 550 White V2 (46)" but was told to go for another one since this was not a great choice.
Then i came across a more expensive but better PSU, the "Seasonic Core Gold GM 500 (€66)". I also found some mid-range options like the "be quiet! System Power 9 500W (€52)" or a cheaper one like the "Seasonic S12III 500 (€46)". Anyhow I just dont really know what to pick and do not know more than the basics like 80 plus stuff. 
Does anyone know what to pick or what to look for. If possible I want to spend less because I already had to spend more on some other stuff.
If you know a gppd choice or other suggestion please let me know!
(I live in The Netherlands and if you want to know other details let me know!)

Here you have a tier list of PSUs, the seasonic S12III is no good, it's not even built by seasonic, not really great quality, it's tier D. The be quiet! one appears even lower on the list than the MWE, at tier C. The MWE is shaky at tier B, it's good, but has an issue with high ripple and coil whine when under low load. Meanwhile, the core GM should be pretty good, solid tier B. And with it being fully modular, it's 100% worth it if you have a small(or cheap) case, if you can afford it.

Hey guys, so I have picked and sorted out the parts for my new gaming rig that I want to build and it was just in my budget.
However I managed to get some more budget to work with and so I was wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade some stuff and what I should upgrade.
The parts that i currently picked are listed down below and the first thing I tought I might upgrade is the CPU. I was thinking of a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 but I dont know a good motherboard to pair it with.
The second thing I tought I might upgrade is the GPU and get a RTX 2060 but I have my doubts about that one.
The parts I currently chose are listed down below and extra details are put above it, if you guys have any good suggestions please let me know I appreciate it very much! Thanks!

Old budget: €700-750

New budget: €800-850

CPU:
AMD Ryzen 2600X                    =    160,05

GPU:
MSI GTX 1660 Super Ventus OC            =    240,51

Motherboard
Asrock B450 PRO4                =     77,90

Memory
Kingston DDR4 HyperX FURY 2x8GB 3200MHz        =     76,00

PSU
Seasonic Core Gold GM 500            =     65,95

Storage

Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 SSD     =     57,00
1TB Seagate HDD 7200rpm            = Own this one already

Case
Corsair Carbide 275R Airflow            =     73,90

Total = €750

I recommend you change the cpu to an amd ryzen 5 3600 or 2600x and changing the graphics card to an rx580 8gb and if possible (this is just personal preference) but change the motherboard to an asus prime b450 plus

1 hour ago, Jackb said:

I recommend you change the cpu to an amd ryzen 5 3600 or 2600x and changing the graphics card to an rx580 8gb and if possible (this is just personal preference) but change the motherboard to an asus prime b450 plus

Why would you change the GTX 1660 Super to a rx580 8gb? Isnt the 1660 better, plus the prices are the same in my country for both (580 even a bit more expensive). And for the cpu my first pick is already the 2600x but the 3600 would be a better pick for sure. 
And for the motherboard, like you said its personal preference, why do you prefer the asus prime plus over the asrock?

Get this instead...

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (€202.95 @ Megekko) 

Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€77.99 @ Megekko) 

Memory: PNY Anarchy-X 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (€72.60 @ Azerty) 

Storage: Kingston A2000 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€60.95 @ Azerty) 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 5600 XT 6 GB GAMING X Video Card (€260.00) 

Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case (€42.95 @ Megekko) 

Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (€74.85 @ Megekko) 

Total: €792.29

Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-12-30 15:56 CET+0100

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

18 minutes ago, VEXICUS said:

Get this instead...

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (€202.95 @ Megekko) 

Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€77.99 @ Megekko) 

Memory: PNY Anarchy-X 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (€72.60 @ Azerty) 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 5600 XT 6 GB GAMING X Video Card (€260.00) 

Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case (€42.95 @ Megekko) 

Total: €792.29

Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-12-30 15:56 CET+0100

Thanks thats a really good recommandation, however the GPU is a bit of a tricky one for me at the moment. The prices are here also quite high and if you want a medium/good variant of the GPU it will cost quite a bit. Like the RX 5600 XT is around 330-350 euros and the GTX 2060 is around 330 euros aswell.
Thats why I was thinking of just upgrading the CPU then to a Ryzen 5 3600 like you suggested with your recommended motherboard/case. But will this be worth the extra or not if I stick to the GTX 1660 Super?

1 hour ago, Thimo.K said:

Thanks thats a really good recommandation, however the GPU is a bit of a tricky one for me at the moment. The prices are here also quite high and if you want a medium/good variant of the GPU it will cost quite a bit. Like the RX 5600 XT is around 330-350 euros and the GTX 2060 is around 330 euros aswell.
Thats why I was thinking of just upgrading the CPU then to a Ryzen 5 3600 like you suggested with your recommended motherboard/case. But will this be worth the extra or not if I stick to the GTX 1660 Super?

Get the RTX 2060 instead of 1660 super. It's a significant improvement in performance.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Budget (including currency): ~850 Euros

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming and a bit of programming

I just put together a list of all the parts I want to purchase for my first gaming pc. I would appreciate it if you guys would give me any advise on my list and choices or if I should change anything.
I would really appreciate it!

The list:

I will also add a fan splitter and the shippingcosts are a bit of so it would be 900 Euros total!

12 minutes ago, Thimo.K said:

Budget (including currency): ~850 Euros

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming and a bit of programming

I just put together a list of all the parts I want to purchase for my first gaming pc. I would appreciate it if you guys would give me any advise on my list and choices or if I should change anything.
I would really appreciate it!

The list:

I will also add a fan splitter and the shippingcosts are a bit of so it would be 900 Euros total!

ziet er goed uit maat! (looks good mate!) i personally am not a big fan of seasonic altho theyre okay. take a look if you can get a corsair gold psu for that price. corsairs customer service and warranty is amazing and their psus are very reliable

That case is terrible.

Everything else seems fine.

BabyBlu (Primary): 

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ up to 5.3GHz, 5.0GHz all-core, delidded
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 @ 4000MHz 16-18-18-34
  • GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Sea Hawk EK X, 2070MHz core, 8000MHz mem
  • Case: Phanteks Evolv X
  • Storage: XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB, 3x ADATASU800 1TB (RAID 0), Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
  • PSU: Corsair HX1000i
  • Display: MSI MPG341CQR 34" 3440x1440 144Hz Freesync, Dell S2417DG 24" 2560x1440 165Hz Gsync
  • Cooling: Custom water loop (CPU & GPU), Radiators: 1x140mm(Back), 1x280mm(Top), 1x420mm(Front)
  • Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
  • Mouse: MasterMouse MM710
  • Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB

Roxanne (Wife Build):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ up to 5.0GHz, 4.8Ghz all-core, relidded w/ LM
  • Motherboard: Asus Z97A
  • RAM: G.Skill Sniper 4x8GB DDR3-2400 @ 10-12-12-24
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 w/ LM
  • Case: Corsair Vengeance C70, w/ Custom Side-Panel Window
  • Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Silicon Power A80 2TB NVME
  • PSU: Corsair AX760
  • Display: Samsung C27JG56 27" 2560x1440 144Hz Freesync
  • Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB
  • Keyboard: GMMK TKL(Kailh Box White)
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O-
  • Headset: SteelSeries Arctis 7

BigBox (HTPC):

• CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3600 @ 3600MHz 14-14-14-28
  • GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X Plus OC, de-shrouded, LM TIM, replaced mem therm pads
  • Case: Fractal Design Node 202
  • Storage: SP A80 1TB, WD Black SN770 2TB
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 Gold w/ NF-A9x14
  • Display: Samsung QN90A 65" (QLED, 4K, 120Hz, HDR, VRR)
  • Cooling: Thermalright AXP-100 Copper w/ NF-A12x15
  • Keyboard/Mouse: Rii i4
  • Controllers: 4X Xbox One & 2X N64 (with USB)
  • Sound: Denon AVR S760H with 5.1.2 Atmos setup.

Harmonic (NAS/Game/Plex/Other Server):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
  • Motherboard: ASRock FATAL1TY H270M
  • RAM: 64GB DDR4-2133
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
  • Case: Fractal Design Define 7
  • HDD: 3X Seagate Exos X16 14TB in RAID 5
  • SSD: Inland Premium 512GB NVME, Sabrent 1TB NVME
  • Optical: BDXL WH14NS40 flashed to WH16NS60
  • PSU: Corsair CX450
  • Display: None
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S