Intel golden sample giveaway winners

also congrats on the winning! I almost forgot!

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

Even if I did win, I wouldn't be able to use it. My case:

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16811147145

Very much designed for air cooling.

And if I do win the RTX 3090, I'm selling it for $69 above MSRP (I'm not mean) for instant sales to get myself a better power supply and an RTX 3070 FE.

Unless I get the RTX 3060 Ti for Christmas.

elephants

22 hours ago, wall03 said:

where did you find that 'winner' thing? Just wondering, don't rly know where to look for it

Intel DM'd me on twitter!

21 hours ago, Hymenopus_Coronatus said:

Congrats! Let us know how it performs and whether you can get an insane "traditional" all-core OC in the BIOS.

I'm so jealous lol, not that I could even fit the Cryo cooler in my NR200 😂 

I'm curious to see how it performs to be honest, I'm a computer science student at Uni so my use case is more of the all cores pinned rather than the gaming use so from what the LTT video said about it I'm not actually sure it'll be better temps (still going to use it though because it's cool AF)

Im still rocking the s340 so need a new case, motherboard and PSU but not going to complain with a golden sample 😂

@Pudsey The Bear I'm glad it's going to someone who isn't just playing fortnite at 1080p 60hz with an RTX 3080. 

If you are using all cores pinned maybe see if you can get a decent all core OC? Golden sample so it should do well lol

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

4 hours ago, wall03 said:

i never won something though

Dude just want's his post counts....

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

I got that DM as well saying I won, filled it out and am still waiting for my email as well.  Have been obsessively checking my spam folder as well.

Contests on winning as well!

13 hours ago, MasakariPLZ said:

I got that DM as well saying I won, filled it out and am still waiting for my email as well.  Have been obsessively checking my spam folder as well.

Contests on winning as well!

Congrats to you too! I actually messaged intel and they said it should be within 24 hours from today as apparently some email providers have had blackouts and they didn't want to send them out till it's fixed so keep an eye out!

OP, i also got this DM on twitter from intel saying i won, but im also waiting for an email. did you find anything out???? im anxiously waiting.

I haven't got mine yet either.  Will probably DM them tomorrow afternoon if I don't see anything.

18 minutes ago, MasakariPLZ said:

I haven't got mine yet either.  Will probably DM them tomorrow afternoon if I don't see anything.

awesome man, keep this thread posted ❤️

18 hours ago, thingnasty_ said:

OP, i also got this DM on twitter from intel saying i won, but im also waiting for an email. did you find anything out???? im anxiously waiting.

Yeah they said that they were waiting for email services to fix their blackouts and that I have would have an email today but its 8pm GMT and still havent, however LTT have said they have reached out which gives me hope! Its also nice to know other people are having the problem and its not just me!

18 hours ago, MasakariPLZ said:

Yeah thats what i've done!

6 minutes ago, Pudsey The Bear said:

Yeah they said that they were waiting for email services to fix their blackouts and that I have would have an email today but its 8pm GMT and still havent, however LTT have said they have reached out which gives me hope! Its also nice to know other people are having the problem and its not just me!

thank god. lets hope its not too long, but im also trying to keep some patience. I'd hate for others not to get their emails because of rushing. was this response from LTT posted somewhere publicly?? 

5 hours ago, thingnasty_ said:

thank god. lets hope its not too long, but im also trying to keep some patience. I'd hate for others not to get their emails because of rushing. was this response from LTT posted somewhere publicly?? 

Nope it was a reply to my email, the email read as follows:

"Hey,

It would be best to reach out to the IntelTech twitter for a response since they are handling this giveaway.

We've let our contact know about the issues, it could take a bit for them to reply to you though if you DM the account to let them know you're experiencing issues.

I would also check your spam folder for the email just in case."

Thanks!

What I really don't get: in the official rules, there is a link to a pdf where the winners should be announced (I don't wanna post links here, just check the rules pdf in the original Twitter link from Intel). But it's still empty. So is everyone already contacted? Or can I still hope? ;)

8 hours ago, Tungil said:

What I really don't get: in the official rules, there is a link to a pdf where the winners should be announced (I don't wanna post links here, just check the rules pdf in the original Twitter link from Intel). But it's still empty. So is everyone already contacted? Or can I still hope? ;)

intel updated saying all winners were contacted, but everyone who got a dm from them is also waiting for another email from intel to sign a release doc. i'd imagine theyre waiting to announce who won until all the winners have signed that doc

Glad I came across this thread! I've been a viewer for longer than I care to admit, and a floatplane subscriber since the get-go, but have never used the forums until looking for info on the contest. I too never heard anything after filling out the form in the Intel DM, so I reached out to the company running the giveaway, and heard back that they'll be emailing instructions to claim the prize "in the coming weeks". I'm sure I'll keep nervously checking my inbox and spam folder until then.

I've impatiently gone ahead and bought an 850w power supply from newegg that I hope will be sufficient (the Super Flower Leadex III Gold 850w) as it's currently on sale for $125, and includes a promotional $10 newegg GC that I can use toward the z490 mobo sitting in my cart.

For those who have won and are picking a motherboard, in addition to getting good quality VRMs, the BIOS HAS TO HAVE AN UPDATE TO SUPPORT CRYO COOLING. Cooler Master has a list at the bottom of the page here: https://landing.coolermaster.com/pages/ml360-sub-zero-cryo-clocking/ and EK has a list for their own cryo cooler here that should also all be compatible: https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109827086 . The one I picked isn't on either of those lists, but the support page shows a new BIOS update from a few days ago that supports Cryo.

You'll also ideally want a case that supports a top mount 360 rad and has good front intakes. There are some good $75-$110 options out there if anyone needs tips.

If anyone gets the redemption email, be sure to post. I certainly will!

Always look at LTT Twitter and other social medias for info about giveaways.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

Always look at LTT Twitter and other social medias for info about giveaways.

The winners all got DMs from @IntelTech Twitter last week. What we're all waiting for is the email that we were told would come within 24 hours with further instructions from the company running the giveaway. As far as I can tell, none of us have recieved any communication at all from the company actually running the giveaway.

My best guess is that Cooler Master has delayed the the launch of the cryo cooler a number of times, and that's causing issues. According to Amazon the retail release date is tomorrow (Dec 22nd) so hopefully we hear something soon. 

Just came across this interesting software, for anyone who might want to try this cooler on a different platform (or a board without cryo support). It's called "cryzen" and supposedly removes the Intel motherboard requirements to run the cryo control software. I obviously have no idea if it works, and it sounds like the author doesn't have a cryo cooler himself, but an intriguing thing nonetheless: https://bitbucket.org/SethSwango/cryzen-1.0/downloads/

I won also, and was worried when I didn't get the follow up email.  I emailed and got this response. 

"Thank you for reaching out.  We have received your registration information update.  Please be advised, you will be emailed further paperwork to claim your prize in the coming weeks."

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone got any updates from Intel? Its been weeks without an email and I don't want to be as brave as some people on here and buy parts before I know the CPU is actually coming!

If it helps, following is the timeline when I won a previous competition sponsored by Intel:

30 Oct - DM received on Twitter requesting I fill in a web form, which I did then

3 Nov - received e-mail confirming what I won as there were multiple prizes up

20 Nov - Shipping notification from UPS (based on tracking, they only got notification they were going to send me something, but it hadn't physically left sender yet)

27 Nov - Shipment received after I paid import fees (per competition rules, costs to deal with receiving the prize are my responsibility. Prizes were shipped out from USA).

No luck on this particular competition. There is a current going on with Intel Gaming Twitter for an i9, closes today at midnight Pacific time.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

3 hours ago, porina said:

If it helps, following is the timeline when I won a previous competition sponsored by Intel:

30 Oct - DM received on Twitter requesting I fill in a web form, which I did then

3 Nov - received e-mail confirming what I won as there were multiple prizes up

20 Nov - Shipping notification from UPS (based on tracking, they only got notification they were going to send me something, but it hadn't physically left sender yet)

27 Nov - Shipment received after I paid import fees (per competition rules, costs to deal with receiving the prize are my responsibility. Prizes were shipped out from USA).

No luck on this particular competition. There is a current going on with Intel Gaming Twitter for an i9, closes today at midnight Pacific time.

If anything that's more concerning. In your case it was 4 days between filing in the web form and getting an email. For us it's already been over two weeks with no email. It's hard to complain about winning a prize, but it puts you in a tough spot to be waiting indefinitely for information like this.