Intel golden sample giveaway winners

On 2/18/2021 at 12:43 PM, jlgreen531 said:

3 months sounds about right for next response.  Will get the CPU when 12th gen is out.   All of the reviews I have seen for the pump are terrible.  I was hoping the first few reviews were faulty units.  😞

I actually bought a dehumidifier recently that's 35db (the same as the pump) and to be honest it's loud AF. I've already accepted the fact that i'm going to sell the pump and buy a decent air cooler or AIO for the price I sell the pump for.

42 minutes ago, Riona1337 said:

Man idk why it's taking this long like I just want my chip lmao

I agree, it's so insufferable waiting so long with no communication about it.  I have a pile of brand new parts waiting for this chip to all be put together, it's getting so frustrating 

Case: Lian Li Lancool II-X | MB: Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC | CPU: i9-10900k Gold Sample | Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360 Illusion | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) | GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3x OC | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA GA 850 W 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB & Seagate Barracuda 4 TB 3.5" | Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q, Samsung Odyssey G5 27.0", and Huion GT-221 Pro | And of course: Northern Lights desk pad

Just got another email.

"Congratulations on your recent win in the Intel / Linus Tech CPU Giveaway!

We have received your information and your eligibility has been approved.  No additional action is required from you at this time.  You will either be contacted or receive your prize within the guidelines outlined within the official rules."

49 minutes ago, jlgreen531 said:

Just got another email.

We have received your information and your eligibility has been approved.  No additional action is required from you at this time.  You will either be contacted or receive your prize within the guidelines outlined within the official rules."

Well holy bananas, that's exciting to see something happening finally

Case: Lian Li Lancool II-X | MB: Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC | CPU: i9-10900k Gold Sample | Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360 Illusion | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) | GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3x OC | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA GA 850 W 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB & Seagate Barracuda 4 TB 3.5" | Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q, Samsung Odyssey G5 27.0", and Huion GT-221 Pro | And of course: Northern Lights desk pad

2 hours ago, jlgreen531 said:

Just got another email.

still nothing here

12 hours ago, jlgreen531 said:

Just got another email.

I got it too

If I get it by the end of April I'll be shocked at this point, haha.

I also just received the confirmation email.

22 minutes ago, Pudsey The Bear said:

Now that everyone been approved how long do you guys reckon till we get our CPUs? 

If I remember what I read in the rules correctly, we should now have 8-10 weeks to wait

1 hour ago, DigitalHabit said:

If I remember what I read in the rules correctly, we should now have 8-10 weeks to wait

So by that, it'll be August next year then?😂

38 minutes ago, Pudsey The Bear said:

So by that, it'll be August next year then?😂

We could only hope

This went to my junk mail, in case other people haven't seen it (none of the previous emails were marked as junk, so kind of odd) The "No additional action is required" etc line pretty much confirms that this is going to be a complete black hole of information for at least the next two months. I hope they at least give a shipping notice or ideally a tracking number, but I'm not counting on it the way things have gone so far.

It's great to at least have confirmation that this is actually happening though, so I can go back to being purely excited rather than concerned. 

hopefully we get them at some point lmao, i got that email so cant wait for the info black hole

I. AM. SHOCKED.  This whole process has been such a roller coaster, from the excitement of the initial twitter message from IntelTech to today's shipping email; and I was on the second round of winners, I can only imagine how much more frustrating it's been for the first round of winners.  This is pretty big for me, I've been using the same laptop for the past 9 years, even with maintaining it by cleaning it out and reapplying thermal paste it still thermal throttles by even simply playing YouTube videos. I can't wait until next week

57 minutes ago, WhatALoser said:

got mine today20210304_110813.thumb.jpg.4021d9798de363b2ab514d93f63f7067.jpg

Nice to see that the cooler seems to be in the full retail packaging

7 hours ago, wolfmasterk87 said:

I got an email this morning that it has shipped. Finally, now to get a motherboard for it.

If you decide to go with a z590 be sure to post how it goes. There's practically no info out there on z590 compatibility with these cryo coolers, so this forum is probably going to become a good resource with a good percentage of 200 of them being here soon. 

31 minutes ago, AnomalyDesign said:

If you decide to go with a z590 be sure to post how it goes. There's practically no info out there on z590 compatibility with these cryo coolers, so this forum is probably going to become a good resource with a good percentage of 200 of them being here soon. 

I'm sure they have support or an updated bios for cryo cooling, even the cheaper z490 I got for this has an updated bios for cryo cooling

Anyone used the cryo yet? How is it? Is it too loud or should I scrap buying a different cooler? Mine comes march 9th :D