Intel golden sample giveaway winners

Just got mine also.  It is asking if I have an attachment.  Doesn't look like I need one though.

48 minutes ago, jlgreen531 said:

Just got mine also.  It is asking if I have an attachment.  Doesn't look like I need one though.

Hasn't asked for any attachment, just asked me to fill out some form (because I'm from the UK) and upload it to the docusign.

Hooray! Nice to have some confirmation that this actually happening. I saw the firm listed "8-10 weeks" as the delivery time frame. I'm hoping that's from the original notification back in Dec (as the it's also listed in the contest rules)  but I doubt it. I'll be excited to fire it up whenever it comes in though!

Less excited about the 1099 form...

I have overclocked

the i9

that was under

the cryo cooler

and which

you were probably

wanting

for productivity

Forgive me

it was ridiculous

so fast

and so cold

Edit: shout out to William Carlos Williams and Kenneth Koch 

16 hours ago, Pudsey The Bear said:

Hasn't asked for any attachment, just asked me to fill out some form (because I'm from the UK) and upload it to the docusign.

I am a bit confused with what I am supposed to do with this W-8BEN form. Do you have to fill out line 5,6,7 or 10? Thanks.

3 hours ago, Glob said:

I am a bit confused with what I am supposed to do with this W-8BEN form. Do you have to fill out line 5,6,7 or 10? Thanks.

Don't take my word for it because I've only ever filled in a W8BEN once (for app store) but for this prize the answer to all 4 is no I believe, if you're from the UK that is. Also for country make sure you put "United Kingdom" no matter where you're from within the UK instead of putting "England" for example

31 minutes ago, Pudsey The Bear said:

Don't take my word for it because I've only ever filled in a W8BEN once (for app store) but for this prize the answer to all 4 is no I believe, if you're from the UK that is. Also for country make sure you put "United Kingdom" no matter where you're from within the UK instead of putting "England" for example

Thank you. Also, does this form reduce the tax I have to pay to the US or do I have to pay 30% if I'm from the UK?

2 hours ago, Glob said:

Thank you. Also, does this form reduce the tax I have to pay to the US or do I have to pay 30% if I'm from the UK?

I honestly have no idea to be honest with you!

Im actually having trouble with the part after the W8BEN, no idea what Im meant to do about my phone number when both my home and mobile are 11 digits and the form wants 10

33 minutes ago, JamJarr said:

Im actually having trouble with the part after the W8BEN, no idea what Im meant to do about my phone number when both my home and mobile are 11 digits and the form wants 10

Drop the 0 at the start! They know you're from the UK so they'll put the area code in themselves instead of us normally putting 0👍

31 minutes ago, Pudsey The Bear said:

Drop the 0 at the start! They know you're from the UK so they'll put the area code in themselves instead of us normally putting 0👍

Thanks! Let's hope I've filled everything else in properly 🤞

I got my email too but i already purchased a 3900x for my new build. <removed by staff>

Edited by SansVarnic
Content removed

Another review of the ml360 this week (in German) mentioning the unusually loud pump that cooler master chose. In this case they describe it via Google translate as follows: "The pump is simply infernally loud and always runs at full speed through the special connection".

The "special connection" references the fact that the pump does not use a standard 3 or 4 pin header. It seems to use a small two pin connection of the the included Sata-power hydra cable. Interestingly it's the pump connection on that cable that then has a pwm motherboard connection off if it, which means you might be able to monitor the pump speed through a motherboard header, but not control it.

This arrangement is a problem, firstly because it means trying to calm the pump noise won't be as simple as just plugging it into a pump header. It will require splicing the included cables, or else building an adapter. Even then there's no guarantee that lowering the voltage will be any help, and there might very well be downsides in terms of performance. It further means that if you plan to plug the radiator fans into motherboard headers or a different fan hub, which is necessary in order to get rpm readings and speed control, you still need to use the full hydra cable for just that non standard pump connection.

I'm starting to think I might try splicing in my own pump/reservoir if it's really as bad as these reviews indicate. I don't understand how cooler master got the easiest part of the loop so wrong.

Full review:

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.php/artikel/hardware/kuehlung/54972-cooler-master-masterliquid-ml360-sub-zero-im-test-mit-intels-cryo-cooling-technology-zum-oc-erfolg.html

5 hours ago, AnomalyDesign said:

Another review of the ml360 this week (in German) mentioning the unusually loud pump that cooler master chose. In this case they describe it via Google translate as follows: "The pump is simply infernally loud and always runs at full speed through the special connection".

The "special connection" references the fact that the pump does not use a standard 3 or 4 pin header. It seems to use a small two pin connection of the the included Sata-power hydra cable. Interestingly it's the pump connection on that cable that then has a pwm motherboard connection off if it, which means you might be able to monitor the pump speed through a motherboard header, but not control it.

This arrangement is a problem, firstly because it means trying to calm the pump noise won't be as simple as just plugging it into a pump header. It will require splicing the included cables, or else building an adapter. Even then there's no guarantee that lowering the voltage will be any help, and there might very well be downsides in terms of performance. It further means that if you plan to plug the radiator fans into motherboard headers or a different fan hub, which is necessary in order to get rpm readings and speed control, you still need to use the full hydra cable for just that non standard pump connection.

I'm starting to think I might try splicing in my own pump/reservoir if it's really as bad as these reviews indicate. I don't understand how cooler master got the easiest part of the loop so wrong.

Full review:

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.php/artikel/hardware/kuehlung/54972-cooler-master-masterliquid-ml360-sub-zero-im-test-mit-intels-cryo-cooling-technology-zum-oc-erfolg.html

What I don't get about the reviews saying about noise is that the spec sheet says it's under 35 DBA for the pump (which is quiet) and Linus didn't mention the noise at all. Do you think maybe there is just a bad batch of units making a louder noise, which unluckily got sent to reviewers? (By the way I'm not saying you're wrong about the noise, I've also seen all the reviews saying it's quite loud!)

2 hours ago, Pudsey The Bear said:

What I don't get about the reviews saying about noise is that the spec sheet says it's under 35 DBA for the pump (which is quiet) and Linus didn't mention the noise at all. Do you think maybe there is just a bad batch of units making a louder noise, which unluckily got sent to reviewers? (By the way I'm not saying you're wrong about the noise, I've also seen all the reviews saying it's quite loud!)

My best guess would be that there's air in the pump, as that's generally what makes them noisy in my experience. My hope is that after getting it set up properly it might be possible to tilt and move the components to work the bubbles to... somewhere (a corner of the radiator tank?). Without a proper reservoir there's only so much you can do, but I guess we'll see. 

Edit: I'm also curious about the bad batch possibility, as these have been VERY limited in retail channels so far from what I can tell. I wonder if this batch of 200 giveaway ones will be the majority of units in the wild, at least for now

10 hours ago, Pudsey The Bear said:

What I don't get about the reviews saying about noise is that the spec sheet says it's under 35 DBA for the pump (which is quiet) and Linus didn't mention the noise at all.

Welcome to sponsored ads. LTT isn’t going to say anything bad about something that they’re being paid to push.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

5 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

Welcome to sponsored ads. LTT isn’t going to say anything bad about something that they’re being paid to push.

He said negative things about the thermals under load! I can't see Linus as the type of guy to withhold information like the pump being noisy, he has been notorious for accepting no bullshit from manufacturers in terms of excluding information for money.

9 hours ago, AnomalyDesign said:

My best guess would be that there's air in the pump, as that's generally what makes them noisy in my experience. My hope is that after getting it set up properly it might be possible to tilt and move the components to work the bubbles to... somewhere (a corner of the radiator tank?). Without a proper reservoir there's only so much you can do, but I guess we'll see. 

Edit: I'm also curious about the bad batch possibility, as these have been VERY limited in retail channels so far from what I can tell. I wonder if this batch of 200 giveaway ones will be the majority of units in the wild, at least for now

Let me know how it all goes (because I'm guessing with me being English I'll be one of the last to get the prize) and if the pump stays unnecessarily loud I might just buy an nh-u12s and be done with it 

Has anyone gotten the follow-up email since filling out the declaration? It has been two weeks by now

3 hours ago, WhatALoser said:

Has anyone gotten the follow-up email since filling out the declaration? It has been two weeks by now

Nothing here. But since they said on that form to expect a response within two days, it's safe to assume we should be hearing something back in 3 months or so based on the accuracy of their estimates so far.

3 months sounds about right for next response.  Will get the CPU when 12th gen is out.   All of the reviews I have seen for the pump are terrible.  I was hoping the first few reviews were faulty units.  😞

This is pretty pathetic. By the time you guys get your processors, they will be 2 generations behind. What's the point?

Does LMG have no comment on on this? They put their face on the contest, they share responsibility.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

10 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

This is pretty pathetic. By the time you guys get your processors, they will be 2 generations behind. What's the point?

Does LMG have no comment on on this? They put their face on the contest, they share responsibility.

I don't think LMG is even aware of the situation, they probably think we have gotten them by now. Intel, or rather their marketing team, Merkle, seems to be the ones in charge of the entire contest, and so far they have done a terrible job. I doubt we will even get the CPUs before the 11900k comes out. The shipping on the CPUs is 8-10 weeks, that is if they ever ship.

On 2/18/2021 at 5:51 PM, Vitamanic said:

At least boards will be cheaper I guess 😂😂