Intel golden sample giveaway winners

On 12/30/2020 at 9:55 PM, AnomalyDesign said:

If anything that's more concerning. In your case it was 4 days between filing in the web form and getting an email. For us it's already been over two weeks with no email. It's hard to complain about winning a prize, but it puts you in a tough spot to be waiting indefinitely for information like this. 

At least we're all in the same situation and not just one of us, shows that they've just not worked over the festive period and we should start to see the emails soon (that or they've forgot about 200 people!)

You can be patient.

I've waited 3 months for a lost package to turn up (which it still hasn't - probably gone forever, RIP ISA Asound-Plus).

elephants

in my particular case, i messaged intel back on twitter asking if my info was saved correctly on 12/21/20 and they just got back to me right now. I don't know if they're currently getting a lot of emails regarding this, or what, but I'll wait to see what say say back.

Based on responses to the @inteltech tweet referenced above, it seems like they sent out a pretty sizable round of DMs to new winners on Dec 28th. Those winners are now also panicking about the same lack of follow up we've been dealing with for three weeks now. Unfortunately it seems like at least a couple recipients are in Europe, so I'm guessing they're going to have to do at least ANOTHER round of winners, and likely more after that before they actually finalize a winners list.

I get that it is (or was) the holidays, and that there are a lot rules to follow running a giveaway like this, but I wish they would offer some transparency in the process. I'm sure it would take less effort than dealing with all the "what's going on!?" emails and messages they must be getting. 

11 hours ago, AnomalyDesign said:

Based on responses to the @inteltech tweet referenced above, it seems like they sent out a pretty sizable round of DMs to new winners on Dec 28th. Those winners are now also panicking about the same lack of follow up we've been dealing with for three weeks now. Unfortunately it seems like at least a couple recipients are in Europe, so I'm guessing they're going to have to do at least ANOTHER round of winners, and likely more after that before they actually finalize a winners list.

I get that it is (or was) the holidays, and that there are a lot rules to follow running a giveaway like this, but I wish they would offer some transparency in the process. I'm sure it would take less effort than dealing with all the "what's going on!?" emails and messages they must be getting. 

Agree with you 100%. A tweet saying "were behind but haven't forgotten about you" would settle everyone down. 

I've got an update for people! Intel told me to email their fulfillment team about the situation and this was there response.

"Hello Adam,

Thank you for reaching out. We have received your registration information update. Please be advised, you will be emailed further paperwork to claim your prize in the coming weeks.

Thank you for your participation.

Best,
HelloWorld Customer Care"

So it looks like no-one has been forgotten about and that emails haven't been sent out yet meaning we can all relax as it will be coming soon which is great news as I haven't wasted my money on a z490 board!😂

3 hours ago, Pudsey The Bear said:

I've got an update for people! Intel told me to email their fulfillment team about the situation and this was there response.

"Hello Adam,

Thank you for reaching out. We have received your registration information update. Please be advised, you will be emailed further paperwork to claim your prize in the coming weeks.

Best,

So it looks like no-one has been forgotten about and that emails haven't been sent out yet meaning we can all relax as it will be coming soon which is great news as I haven't wasted my money on a z490 board!😂

thanks for the update pudsey!!!!!! 

i still have yet to hear back about if they recieved my info but this is good news.

4 hours ago, Pudsey The Bear said:

"Hello Adam,

Best,

Hah, word for word the same response they gave me on Dec 19th.

I decided to just order an i3 10100F with the stock cooler to get my build tested and running, then will swap in the prize chip and cooler if/when they arrive. It'll already be faster than the i5 6500 in using now. BLT briefly had 5 on order for about a week from now at $84 USD, but since I've placed mine they've oversold by 300 units, so don't order from them. If you're in the great north, PC-Canada has 4 available at a very reasonable $104 CAD:  https://www.pc-canada.com/item/BX8070110100F.html It shouldn't be hard to sell the 10100F for near or even above those prices when the 10900ks actually arrive (especially since it sounds like Intel isn't doing rocket lake updates for the lower end chips) 

Quite honestly, on my 4k 60hz display, I'm expecting a cryo cooled 10900k to be indistinguishable from the i3 with its stock cooler in 99 percent of games, which is why this is a fun prize, but not something I would ever consider actually buying. 

1 hour ago, AnomalyDesign said:

Hah, word for word the same response they gave me on Dec 19th.

I decided to just order an i3 10100F with the stock cooler to get my build tested and running, then will swap in the prize chip and cooler if/when they arrive. It'll already be faster than the i5 6500 in using now. BLT briefly had 5 on order for about a week from now at $84 USD, but since I've placed mine they've oversold by 300 units, so don't order from them. If you're in the great north, PC-Canada has 4 available at a very reasonable $104 CAD:  https://www.pc-canada.com/item/BX8070110100F.html It shouldn't be hard to sell the 10100F for near or even above those prices when the 10900ks actually arrive (especially since it sounds like Intel isn't doing rocket lake updates for the lower end chips) 

Quite honestly, on my 4k 60hz display, I'm expecting a cryo cooled 10900k to be indistinguishable from the i3 with its stock cooler in 99 percent of games, which is why this is a fun prize, but not something I would ever consider actually buying. 

100 percent agree. this will be a fun conversation piece, but ive already got my am4 motherboard in so im just going to get an ryzen chip. 

Looks like by the time we get this, z590 motherboards will be out.  I wonder if there will be support on them.

2 hours ago, jlgreen531 said:

Looks like by the time we get this, z590 motherboards will be out.  I wonder if there will be support on them.

I talked to Asus who said only the Maximus XIII Extreme would be support Intel Cryo. Not too surprising, as Asus had the worst support in their Z490 boards too (only the Maximus series and the Strx-E), but I was surprised it was only a single board this time around. I guess the good news is that at least one z590 board that will have support.

I haven't heard anything from MSI or Gigabyte, both of which had great Cryo support on Z490, all the way down to their $169 boards. And I'm curious to see if ASRock makes better boards for Z590, as their Z490 boards were widely ridiculed for having such poor VRM designs that they couldn't even run a 10900k at stock settings.

Aside from hoping to get a response from someone knowledgeable at the board companies, I'm not sure how we're going to know which support this feature. The only way I've been able to find out for the Z490 boards is that it's listed on the BIOS update notes, but for Z590 I would imagine it would just be in the launch BIOS if they're going to support it at all.

I hate to say it, but the more I learn about this cooler, the more I'm tempted to just put a standard waterblock on the CPU if I get it. Especially as everyone who's tried one so far has mentioned the pump being obnoxiously loud, with no method to control it using the provided cable arrangement. 

Yeah I might not use the cooler either.  I have a Dark Rock Pro 4 sitting in the closet that should work.  I have enough spare parts to make a new setup, I just need the motherboard.

On 1/13/2021 at 1:51 PM, jlgreen531 said:

Looks like the z690s might be out by the time we get them!😂 

Hey guys,

I have been checking my emails everyday for weeks with no update. Hopefully we get news soon!

3 hours ago, wolfmasterk87 said:

Hey guys,

I have been checking my emails everyday for weeks with no update. Hopefully we get news soon!

I'm doing the same lol! If I don't hear anything by the end of the week I'm going to email them again on Monday 

For anyone looking for a very OC friendly motherboard for this CPU and cooler, Amazon Warehouse is currently offering an extra 20% off many models, including the MSI MEG z490 Unify for $199. I bought that model from the warehouse in "acceptable" condition a couple of weeks ago, and it arrived completely unused (but they have a generous return policy if you have worse luck).

It's a pretty incredible board, with plenty of power and features even for liquid nitrogen. No inboard RGB, but I personally prefer the all- business look of it that will match the all black cryo cooler. It certainly looks like overkill with my 10400F and stock cooler currently on it though.

20210119_172755.jpg

I've been wondering why the reviews of the ML360 sub zero cooler all mention how loud the pump is. This video (which has good English closed captions available) has a recording at 11:30 that answers those questions: 

He describes feeling deaf in one ear after spending a full day working next to it. I've had a number of liquid cooling setups, and none have ever sounded anything like that. I'm hoping to use a pump header on the MB to try and tame that, but what is Cooler Master thinking?

On 21/01/2021 at 8:46 PM, AnomalyDesign said:

I've been wondering why the reviews of the ML360 sub zero cooler all mention how loud the pump is. This video (which has good English closed captions available) has a recording at 11:30 that answers those questions: 

He describes feeling deaf in one ear after spending a full day working next to it. I've had a number of liquid cooling setups, and none have ever sounded anything like that. I'm hoping to use a pump header on the MB to try and tame that, but what is Cooler Master thinking?

Wow that noise is horrible! Guess I'm selling the cooler and buying a normal one, especially considering the sub zero draws 200 watts and I would need a new PSU! 

On 1/20/2021 at 12:15 PM, Pudsey The Bear said:

I'm doing the same lol! If I don't hear anything by the end of the week I'm going to email them again on Monday 

Any update? I sent an email as well.

2 hours ago, wolfmasterk87 said:

Any update? I sent an email as well.

"Thank you for reaching back out. We apologize for the delay on receiving more information for your prize. Our team is still working on this so it has yet to go out. Please continue to be checking your email to claim the prize."

I honestly don't have high hopes we will get the CPUs now ngl...

On 12/16/2020 at 2:16 PM, ragnarok0273 said:

Which board?

elephants

I just got this response this morning:

"We are still working on contacting and verifying potential winners. Please be advised, you will be emailed further paperwork to claim your prize as soon as our process is completed."

Guess I'll check again in March...

I think I have some insight on why it is taking so long to get the email. According to the official rules, this giveaway can have up to 4 drawings(because people who win don't always claim their prize or they live in an ineligible country), each drawing gives the winner 3 days to respond. I was part of the second drawing and I got a DM on December 28th. The problem was that the form said I was ineligible, along with other winners who tweeted about not being able to claim it. Both IntelTech and IntelSupport weren't responding to our DMs until January 4th. Intel told us to send an email to helloworld.com's(some promotion company they hired) customer care to get the situation resolved. It took until the 8th for HelloWorld to respond that they finally fixed the form. Based on the fact that the time between the first and second drawing was 10 days, I'd assume that they would do the next drawing 10 days after the last one. If they reset this "timer" on the 8th for second drawing, we could assume that the third drawing was notified on the 18th and that the fourth drawing will be notified on the 28th. The fourth drawing would have 3 days to fill out the form, meaning the contest would finally be over by the start of February. Of course this is just speculative and we have no way of truly knowing when the contest will be over.

4 hours ago, WhatALoser said:

I think I have some insight on why it is taking so long to get the email. According to the official rules, this giveaway can have up to 4 drawings(because people who win don't always claim their prize or they live in an ineligible country), each drawing gives the winner 3 days to respond. I was part of the second drawing and I got a DM on December 28th. The problem was that the form said I was ineligible, along with other winners who tweeted about not being able to claim it. Both IntelTech and IntelSupport weren't responding to our DMs until January 4th. Intel told us to send an email to helloworld.com's(some promotion company they hired) customer care to get the situation resolved. It took until the 8th for HelloWorld to respond that they finally fixed the form. Based on the fact that the time between the first and second drawing was 10 days, I'd assume that they would do the next drawing 10 days after the last one. If they reset this "timer" on the 8th for second drawing, we could assume that the third drawing was notified on the 18th and that the fourth drawing will be notified on the 28th. The fourth drawing would have 3 days to fill out the form, meaning the contest would finally be over by the start of February. Of course this is just speculative and we have no way of truly knowing when the contest will be over.

Very good insight, thanks for sharing!