Should I go Prebuilt or still build my own?

I don’t have to bore you guys with the details about what’s going on in the PC world because this is a Linus tech tips form. I just need to know since I decided that this year I really badly need a gaming PC, should I still try to scour the internet and have to possibly have to get parts from eBay or should I just save my worries, and just go with one of the pre-built sites. A pre-built site will definitely have cpus and gpus in stock and not at ridiculous prices and I will only have to charge for the installation fee. And if you’re wondering, I would like to get a really good gaming PC to not only game, but also record my games and edit and post them to YouTube and I have a budget of around $1500.

fastest way is to just see what pre-built you're interested in, then go to pcpartpicker.com and try to spec out a same/similar(due to availability) machine and look at the pricing and decide for yourself, in term of pricing

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

@SteadyHandCountry? Assuming you are from america (north) I would personally get a prebuilt from nzxt bld as they use off the shelve parts and not some random oem only parts. I understand what we are facing with the supply shortages but if waiting is still an option I would wait as building a pc is a good skill to have and great experience.  

11 minutes ago, Stygian Zenith said:

@SteadyHandCountry? Assuming you are from america (north) I would personally get a prebuilt from nzxt bld as they use off the shelve parts and not some random oem only parts. I understand what we are facing with the supply shortages but if waiting is still an option I would wait as building a pc is a good skill to have and great experience.  

I disagree. The case they use is a literal oven, and they don't use good PSUS. Not to mention the build fee isn't the advertised "$100"

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

27 minutes ago, Stygian Zenith said:

Yes, I am from North America

@Downkey name me one vendor that uses off the shelve components, EVERYTHING (case, psu etc) There psus are meh but at least from a company that is reputable. Also, their "cases are fine." What i mean is that they wont catch fire. 

23 minutes ago, Stygian Zenith said:

What i mean is that they wont catch fire. 

i... uhh... have some news...

also, ibuypower and cyberpower? maingear?

Just build it, there's enough resources out there to guide you, I've provided building support over discord and the phone myself for first timers.

Level 2 Tech Support for a Corporation servicing over 12,000 users and devices, AMA

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 5800x3D | GPU: Sapphire 6900 XT Nitro+ SE | Mobo: Asus x570 TUF | RAM: 32GB CL15 3600 | PSU: EVGA 850 GA | Case: Corsair 450D | Storage: Several | Cooling: Brown | Thermal Paste: Yes

Laptop - Dell G15 | i7-11800H | RTX 3060 | 16GB CL22 3200

Plex - Lenovo M93p Tiny | Ubuntu | Intel 4570T | 8GB RAM | 2x 8TB WD RED Plus 

1 hour ago, SteadyHand said:

should I still try to scour the internet and have to possibly have to get parts from eBay or should I just save my worries, and just go with one of the pre-built sites. A pre-built site will definitely have cpus and gpus in stock and not at ridiculous prices and I will only have to charge for the installation fee

@Lord Bloobuscome back when you have a rtx 3080

@Moonzy..... About that. Forgot about that incident... but 

"While we believe this issue only impacts a small percentage of cases, we are playing it safe and have paused sales of the H1 and are developing a simple-to-use repair kit that H1 owners can install themselves without having to ship their cases anywhere."

i mean...  

7 minutes ago, Stygian Zenith said:

@Moonzy..... About that. Forgot about that incident... but 

"While we believe this issue only impacts a small percentage of cases, we are playing it safe and have paused sales of the H1 and are developing a simple-to-use repair kit that H1 owners can install themselves without having to ship their cases anywhere."

i mean...  

But their case do lack air flow, so maybe OP should check out other SI that I listed

More options is always better anyways

12 minutes ago, Stygian Zenith said:

@Lord Bloobuscome back when you have a rtx 3080

wot

Level 2 Tech Support for a Corporation servicing over 12,000 users and devices, AMA

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 5800x3D | GPU: Sapphire 6900 XT Nitro+ SE | Mobo: Asus x570 TUF | RAM: 32GB CL15 3600 | PSU: EVGA 850 GA | Case: Corsair 450D | Storage: Several | Cooling: Brown | Thermal Paste: Yes

Laptop - Dell G15 | i7-11800H | RTX 3060 | 16GB CL22 3200

Plex - Lenovo M93p Tiny | Ubuntu | Intel 4570T | 8GB RAM | 2x 8TB WD RED Plus 

-> Moved to Laptops and Pre-Built Systems

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv