Do you use a screen protector for your device?

mgsstar

I was wondering if anyone doesn't use a screen protector for their phone. Scratched my device because of not having a screen protector. So I learned that I needed a screen protector in order to prevent permanent damage to my screen. :(

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Always. I buy a Zagg for everything.

HTC DNA, will definitely keep a screen on everything that is touch enabled.

I voted no as I have only ever had a screen protector on my phone once, and it wasn't very good. I found the sensitivity to be compromised a bit, and it just didn't feel natural to me. I only had it for about a month and then ripped it off. Haven't used one now for over 2 years.

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

Always. I buy a Zagg for everything.

HTC DNA, will definitely keep a screen on everything that is touch enabled.

How is Zagg? Does it feel like an ordinary screen protector or is it sticky? Thought Corning Gorilla Glass was good but slipped and hit the ground around 5cm and it slid and it scratched because of the rocks on the ground... :(

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

How is Zagg? Does it feel like a ordinary screen protector or is it sticky?

It feels just fine, at first it felt a bit rough when sliding my thumb around it when swiping and going through pictures, etc. I got used to it after the first two days however. It has saved my butt a few times already and I'm extremely careful with my devices.

I prefer Zagg because you can buy one and as long as you keep it, even if it gets destroyed, you can have it replaced for $5 and you don't even need the receipt, you just need the screen protector. It was $40-$45 at first, but each time you need it replaced, it's just $5 and it's a lifetime thing. Definitely worth it.

I like the feel of raw screen on my fingers + sometimes my nails can screw up a screen protector  :angry:

I freakin hate them .-. Never ever use them

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I freakin hate them .-. Never ever use them

I liked the feel of the screen itself until I made a scratch on it. Never knew that it was that easy to be scratched.   :(

If I had a touch screen device, I probably would. So, yes.

Ever since I removed mine a few months ago, I haven't gotten around to buying a new one yet. Just so much....effort. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Got an HTC One X, had it about a year now with no screen protector with not a scratch on it and its been in my pocket with my keys and coins etc.

Gorilla Glass really is as good as they say it is!

i used to buy cheap ones of ebay and those put me off using screen protectors..  Iv used some phones with proper high quality ones and you dont even know there is a screen protector.. 

tbh i just cant be bothered paying the money for a good one..

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)

I have a no-name screen protector on my Nexus 7 and an x-treme guard on my Nexus 4 which can be had for very little on eBay. Better safe than sorry right? Both devices have gorilla glass.. sure... but watch tiny particles eat away at the screen and dig deep scratches. No thank you. I generally resell my devices too so the closer it looks to mint, the more I can get out of it.

I highly recommend an x-treme guard for those of you put off by screen protectors or looking to replace a worn out one. Once applied and it sits for an hour or two, it's like it's not even on there. It's insanely durable and easy to wipe down too. The screen protector won't even scratch either!

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I'm not really into doilies :lol:

Its a touch screen for TECH-sake. Its supposed to be touched now doilied.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Nope, my fingers stick to them. Im a pro at putting them on though. Lmao.

Had my Galaxy S3 for a year now. Have dropped it (on to concrete and worse) so many times its ridiculous.  The side bezel is cracked in a couple of places and quite a few dents but gorilla glass is amazing, not one scratch despite no screen protector. 

I'm an auto electrician, so my phone gets thrown around heaps at work - especially when the flash light on it is sooo good!  :D

I use otterbox defender with my S3.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

i work outdoors and so protector is a given if not it wouldnt last a day

as others said I've got a otterbox

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I took the one off my iPhone 4 about four months ago. Haven't gotten around to getting another one, an I don't think I will.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I liked the feel of the screen itself until I made a scratch on it. Never knew that it was that easy to be scratched.   :(

i havent scratched any of my devices, nor do any of them have cases besides my ipad which is just a simple 10$ case

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I don't here is my reasoning.

I am on a twelve month contract and each year I get a new phone and sell my old one on eBay.  I normally buy the new iPhone when it comes out (yeah haters get over it I don't care, this is a selling point for me).

When my new phone arrives, I take my old phone that is covered in scratches to the Apple store and say I am having faults related to a hardware failure, they don't ask questions and replace my phone with a new one.  I sell the new one on eBay and profit 50-90 dollars.

Scamming a huge corporation? maybe but I am Satan.

I don't here is my reasoning.

I am on a twelve month contract and each year I get a new phone and sell my old one on eBay.  I normally buy the new iPhone when it comes out (yeah haters get over it I don't care, this is a selling point for me).

When my new phone arrives, I take my old phone that is covered in scratches to the Apple store and say I am having faults related to a hardware failure, they don't ask questions and replace my phone with a new one.  I sell the new one on eBay and profit 50-90 dollars.

Scamming a huge corporation? maybe but I am Satan.

haha! Thats brilliant x)

My HTC One X has Gorilla Glass 2, I have nothing that is strong enough to scratch it.

Edit: Okay, rocks seem to scratch it but I don't keep rocks in my pocket.