How much does finance play a role in young adult relationships

Focux

It varies from a little to everything.

(that's what I can see at least)

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I don't know about other people, but for me, if I don't think a girl will have a successful future and earn a decent income then it decreases my interest in them. 

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I don't know about other people, but for me, if I don't think a girl will have a successful future and earn a decent income then it decreases my interest in them.

How bout if you were well off for your age? Would you date your age or older(older cuz they are USUALLY more well off)

I know that I will be successful so I don't care about her financial position.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Not much at all, so long as they are good craic and non-leeching i suppose I wouldn't mind what situation their in. 

A person may not have much money but can still be an interesting. 

Good question.

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

If they have money to support themselves I'd be happy.

If they were flat broke then.. Hmm.. Maybe not.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I live together with my gf since 2011. we're both students, we get both our financial support 100% from parents. we usually just collect the bills of a month (electricity, water, TV, internet...) and add all the grocery shopping bills and whatever we paid. make two lists for everyone, subtract each other's pays and divide the rest by 2, which is what one has to pay the other.

personal stuff is excepted from this list. It's groceries and monthly bills mainly.

Edit: It has allways worked out fine, so far. Ofc at some stuff, one costs more than the other, but it pretty much averages out in our opinion, so we don't care!

who cares...

How bout if you were well off for your age? Would you date your age or older(older cuz they are USUALLY more well off)

I don't think my financial situation would affect who I would choose to date.  I think I'm going to do alright, and obviously I don't want to be with someone just because I think they'll be well off in the future, but I don't want to be with someone who I think will be stuck in a dead-end job and isn't going anywhere with their career.  

At this point I don't want to date anyone so I can concentrate on College/University, but I'd prefer to be with someone my own age or older, not younger.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

See guys! A properly useful thread about relationships! :P

I myself am rather apprehensive in regards to dating those who think spending money on accessories like girl stuff is exigent and has little to no actual real world experience in regards to supporting oneself (working during holls is nothing to me)

I've got issues I think. Or maybe I'm too critical :(

Good to hear your feedback gaise! L "T" T Off topic ftw lel

What is this "relationship" you speak of?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Guys, do you think this girl likes m-

Sorry.

Anyway, I think it varies from person to person and their background. My ex (dated for 3 years) was fine with me being almost broke all the time, and I didn't really care if she was broke either. As long as neither of the parts are intentionally leeching of each other because they're lazy, I think you're fine.

One thing is certain, though; if they "need" a nice car, expensive clothes and cash money for parties 24/7, you're better off not bother with them. That's not real love.

I was told by my friends that here in Singapore, girls value money quite a good chunk when deciding whether or not to date a guy. Of course I could be wrong. Never dated either.

Love conquers all. Finances doesn't.. pffft hahahaha.. Damn it.. almost kept it together..

I belive in gender equality. So the girl/guy i decide to date would almost have to have a job. Since it's a more even distribution of stress. 
And since i don't beat around the bush about gender equality I don't mind doing a bit of housework. But he/she will have to change their own tires and oil on their car.  ;)

I do enjoy being able to take my dates out to have some fun though. So finance matters a bit at least. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I married a woman older than I am because for some reason girls here don't get their life together until they're like 30.  They're completely unstable in every aspect of being, from finances, to life outlooks, to career choices, to expectations.  I bought my house at 22, I don't have the time or energy to date a girl who still thinks she's in high school.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

AT 17-20, no one cares. everyone's broke at that age.

I do. I feel so good when I hear my mates saying, "hey could you treat me a drink?" I actually do think teens should be more concerned with money matters when it comes to relationships.

I do. I feel so good when I hear my mates saying, "hey could you treat me a drink?" I actually do think teens should be more concerned with money matters when it comes to relationships.

I'll brag to all the ladies about my net income of probably -$4000 a year and the panties will just drop.

I'll brag to all the ladies about my net income of probably -$4000 a year and the panties will just drop.

Hahahaha..I'm not even contented with my 5 figure net worth at 18 adults will play me down even tho it's self made

It depends on the people, it definitely was a big factor for me, but that's the kind of person I am.

I have had friends who were pretty much broke and just got by on love alone.

If finance had mattered back when I was 19, I probably wouldn't be writting this right now. I was broke (and I mean no income at all, and a lot of expenses broke) and my then girlfriend was a student that was good at making a budget and making the money last (She is still good at this BTW).

Today I would probably say that finance are importent in my marriage. When both parties are good at making money and budgeting, it means that there never is the thought that "I'm making the most money and she is spending the most money", and I find that very nice.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

If finance had mattered back when I was 19, I probably wouldn't be writting this right now. I was broke (and I mean no income at all, and a lot of expenses broke) and my then girlfriend was a student that was good at making a budget and making the money last (She is still good at this BTW).

Today I would probably say that finance are importent in my marriage. When both parties are good at making money and budgeting, it means that there never is the thought that "I'm making the most money and she is spending the most money", and I find that very nice.

Well said my friend! I'd like to find someone who makes the dough like I do too! I think it's fun competing who makes more and how :P

Hahahaha..I'm not even contented with my 5 figure net worth at 18 adults will play me down even tho it's self made

5 figures isn't that much.  Engineering programs cost around $6600 a term, then living expenses are a few thousand more on top of that. Even after working every other term, I'm probably gonna be a few thousand short when you add in living expenses, at least until third year.