360hz Monitor G-SYNC Yes or No

EngineerGod

Trying to figure out if I should be using G-Sync or not. I want the least amount of input lag while maintaining visual clarity in motion.

So I only play Battlefield V but Im trying to figure out if I should set a fixed refresh rate @ 360hz or use G-SYNC. I cap my in-game FPS to 350. Frames stay between 130-350 in game. with AVG. FPS around 170-180. Maybe im splitting hairs but I just wonder is GSYNC beneficial in this scenario or am I just defeating the purpose of having a 360hz display since the game I play doesnt stay consistently over 300 fps. So cuz G-SYNC syncs ur monitor refresh rate with your game fps im basically always playing at a lower refresh rate. So in everyones opnion what should I do here. Use GSYNC or Not?

CPU: 9900k

GPU: 2080 Ti

RAM: 4x8(32gb) 3600 cl14

MOBO: Aorus Z390 Master

MONITOR: ASUS PG259QN(360hz)

Yeah for sure especially with a monitor running at those stupid high refresh rates.

A 360hz display never made sense anyways as even pro's can't see a difference between 240 and 360 and most games can't even get to that fps or stay at it reliably if they can so gsync is pretty much needed to not have a shitty tearing experience.

Are you a pro pro pro gamer 😛? If so turn it on. If not turn it on. Really it's only a benefit.

I am not aware of any scenario with a capped framerate where enabling any sort of adaptive sync tech would have a negative impact. You might want to check out same input lag analysis for G-Sync by Battlenonsense.

Yes, i do think 360Hz is a waste of money here. I basically see no other realistic use for these other than in Valorant, CS and maybe Fortnite. The 259QN is a great monitor package but you could have probably sed some money by buying a 240Hz unit instead

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Yeah for sure especially with a monitor running at those stupid high refresh rates.

A 360hz display never made sense anyways as even pro's can't see a difference between 240 and 360 and most games can't even get to that fps or stay at it reliably if they can so gsync is pretty much needed to not have a shitty tearing experience.

Are you a pro pro pro gamer 😛? If so turn it on. If not turn it on. Really it's only a benefit.

Idk abaut other people but vitth the jump from 60Hz i can no longen see occasional tearing because the screen refreshes so fast. Only df it happens consistently frame after frame. I'd imagine dt's even harder to spot on a 240/360 so tearing would not be that big od a deal if it happens to occur one frame every few seconds or so

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system