Addressable RGB Fans and ASUS Aura

Lord Lightning

Hi All,

I've been looking at changing out the fans in my corsair Spec-03 Case to include Addressable RGB Fans. I have an ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard with an ARGB header on it and i was looking to control the fans RGB from that.  i have been looking at either the cooler master MF120 Halo fans or the corsair LL120 RGB fans. but i've run into a few problems.

1. I'm not 100% which fans i can actually control with the the motherboard header.

2. Should i even be using this header or is it safer / best practice to use a seperate controller.

3. Are these ranges even the best value.

4. i do preffer the Rim lighting of the LL120s but i don't know if the price is worth as there is little videos of the Coller master ones to compare it agianst

I'm rather stuck tbh

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks in advance

On 12/5/2020 at 10:43 PM, Lord Lightning said:

1. I'm not 100% which fans i can actually control with the the motherboard header.

So first the terminology as this gets confusing fast. Fans and RGB are controlled separetly. So when you are asking about controlling, remember to specify which part you are asking about.

Assuming its about RGB. You can control all fans which on their product page/picture have Asus Aura logo. These will connect to mobo either directly or from hub/controller.

For fans, most will have two cables, one for RGB and other for fan controls/power. There are some exceptions, from bigger brands Thermaltake TT Premium uses proprietary connectors. Same goes to most cheap kits.

2. Should i even be using this header or is it safer / best practice to use a seperate controller.

Either works. Depends more on what you want to do, and what kind of options you get.

4. i do preffer the Rim lighting of the LL120s but i don't know if the price is worth as there is little videos of the Coller master ones to compare it agianst

I'm bit out of loop on fans overall. Just gonna point out that LL120 RGB doesn't support any mobo side controlling on RGB. Only Corsairs iCue. Though I've heard that iCue supports syncing with some or all mobo controls.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 12/5/2020 at 12:43 PM, Lord Lightning said:

Hi All,

I've been looking at changing out the fans in my corsair Spec-03 Case to include Addressable RGB Fans. I have an ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard with an ARGB header on it and i was looking to control the fans RGB from that.  i have been looking at either the cooler master MF120 Halo fans or the corsair LL120 RGB fans. but i've run into a few problems.

I'm rather stuck tbh

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks in advance

if you really want to control cooler master or corsair with your mb software there are ways but it will cost more. but there produces are built around there software so some animations wont look right. i dont recommend coolermaster stuff anymore as i got 2 doa items in a row. there cheap crap at a hi price imo.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links