Cooling choice

Bo7

Currently facing a new problem where i asked a bunch of people if i should get the corsair water cooler, or stick with the included fan for the Ryzen 5 3600. The answers were 50/50. 

Most said that the corsair water coolers are expensive, can break easily and have the same cooling as the fan.

On the other hand people say that the cooler is too weak for the processor. And that water cooling is the way to go.

Thoughts?

Also this is my first build and there's also 3 coolers in the front of my case (corsair 220t) and ill have to add one in the back.

The stock cooler is perfect for, well stock operation. If you want to overclock than sure buy yourself a corsair cooler. Also you dont have to get a corsair aio it can be from other brands too. Just nothing too much wish like

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

5 minutes ago, Enzo1001 said:

The stock cooler is perfect for, well stock operation. If you want to overclock than sure buy yourself a corsair cooler. Also you dont have to get a corsair aio it can be from other brands too. Just nothing too much wish like

What does overclocking actually do?  I see it all over the place and i still dont know what to do.

(Also this pc is going to be mostly for gaming and schoolwork and maybe occasionally editing on after effects, it can be choppy too no big deal tbh 

1 minute ago, Bo7 said:

What does overclocking actually do?  I see it all over the place and i still dont know what to do.

(Also this pc is going to be mostly for gaming and schoolwork and maybe occasionally editing on after effects, it can be choppy too no big deal tbh 

Overclocking means: You "give" your cpu more voltage, than you adjust the multiplier so it runs faster. The more voltage the higher you can set the multiplier without crashing the cpu. Because if you have to low voltage and/or set the multiplier too high you system will crash and you have to set the multiplier lower. More voltage means the cpu will generate more heat.

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

What do you mean with "Corsair water cooler"? There's a whole world between, say, a Corsair AIO H45 and a Corsair custom loop with multiple rads.

For what it's worth, I have made only good experiences with Corsair AIOs. But there sure are better products and possibly less expensive out there now. 

A good place to start: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gamers+nexus+cpu+cooler+2020

The multipleir "multiplies" the baseclock. In 99% the base clock is 100mhz

just get a good midrange air cooler, like a arctic freezer 34 esports duo or a gelid phantom. you don't need watercooling for a 3600.

you can run it with the stock cooler, the only disadvantage is it's quite loud under load. if you don't care, stock cooler is good enough.

The stock cooler is adequate for keeping temps in check and there are many examples of that available. https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/9nm323#h=0

The cooler otherwise wouldn't be included with the cpu. I recommend using the stock cooler first and testing for temps with a synthetic load. I personally use OCCT. 

If temps and noise are acceptable when stressing the system, there's no need to replace the cooler. If there's something you're dissatisfied with, you can use that to make a more informed decision about which cooler to upgrade to. 

A cpu is rated at a certain clock speed by the manufacturer. For example, the 3600 has a base clock of 3.6ghz. Overclocking is raising the clock speed from the manufacturer spec which increases performance. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.