What is this Cyberpunk 2077?

PurplDrank

So Cyberpunk is a Grand Theft Auto game set in the future, but in first person? I am not really understanding the hype around this. 

its a futuristic cyberpunk themed RPG based on a character called "V". The game is meant so that YOU own the world and that you can decide on how you play the game. So the in-game world is very large and there is much to do

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

-Cleaned-

Lets start this thread over.

Don't be a dick

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

-Cleaned-

Lets start this thread over.

Don't be a dick

Thank you so much for cleaning up this post! Some folks are in a bad mood tonight, I guess. 

---This comment used to be a duplicate of the one above (which happens sometimes) and you can't delete comments---

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

24 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

So Cyberpunk is a Grand Theft Auto game set in the future, but in first person? I am not really understanding the hype around this. 

Alright, fresh start. I mean basically, yeah. Though I'd probably stick it closer to other CDPR games (mostly The Witcher 3) than GTA, because the focus seems to be more on story than just messing about in the open world. I think the hype mostly emanates from CDPR's previous track record, as well as the scope of the game (from trailers and such). 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

11 hours ago, PurplDrank said:

From cdpr/the witcher's reputation, it being based on the tabletop rpg cyberpunk 2020, and the collaboration between cdpr and Mike Pondsmith/R. Talsorian Games on both cp2077 and the newest edition of the trpg(cyberpunk red) that bridges the gap between 2020 and 2077.

Its basically Witcher 3 - Pokemon - Fallout hybrid open world.

In a couple of weeks we will see if I'm correct..

I edit my posts more often than not

It's basically NMS hype wise. 

Gameplay is Witcher but it's a GTA clone in "the future". 

In first person, because bodies are overrated, but with Ray Tracing. I'm not sure what's not to like!? Personally I'm getting 5 copies! 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity